Cats V Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk fans can never ever ever complain about being screwed by the umpires ever again after that first half

Agreed.

I've been watching the game for 30 years - and I don't think the umpiring has ever been as bad as it has been in the last 2 or 3 years. The 'quality' of it is appalling.

That said, there are certain things these days that are very predictable.

Namely, that there are certain teams consistently on the end of very favourable umpiring. And certain teams consistently on the wrong end of very bad umpiring.

Those teams that almost always get a great run are Sydney, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Carlton and North Melbourne.

Those teams that almost always get a bad run are Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

So two weeks in a row it's the umps fault. Considering both freo and hawks get the rough end of the pineapple from the umPs maybe it's the cats not being as clean as they usually are.

Cats forwards are monsters and I feel for shoey - getting rag dolled left right and centre but I think they have to perservere and with another 5 or more kilos and he may be able to match the big boys.

Mitchell having a massive day out but needs a bit more help. Hopefully we can put the burners on but looking more and more like it will go down to the wire again.
Yeap. Lots of whinging coming from Catters fans. What about Johnson collapsing the knees to get the free in the first quarter.

Also what the earth is Bartel doing. Had no influence in the game whatsoever.

Votes to half time

3) McBurney
2) Margettes
1) Mitchell

The Triple M's rock football

You know what!! Suck it up princesses. Now you know what the rest of the football world feels when they play your lot and Joel and co receive every soft knee dropping too high in sight.
I love it!

Agreed.

I've been watching the game for 30 years - and I don't think the umpiring has ever been as bad as it has been in the last 2 or 3 years. The 'quality' of it is appalling.

That said, there are certain things these days that are very predictable.

Namely, that there are certain teams consistently on the end of very favourable umpiring. And certain teams consistently on the wrong end of very bad umpiring.

Those teams that almost always get a great run are Sydney, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Carlton and North Melbourne.

Those teams that almost always get a bad run are Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

Jesus what planet have you been living on. Do some research before you type crap like that about the hawks and favourable treatment.

So two weeks in a row it's the umps fault. Considering both freo and hawks get the rough end of the pineapple from the umPs maybe it's the cats not being as clean as they usually are.

Cats forwards are monsters and I feel for shoey - getting rag dolled left right and centre but I think they have to perservere and with another 5 or more kilos and he may be able to match the big boys.

Mitchell having a massive day out but needs a bit more help. Hopefully we can put the burners on but looking more and more like it will go down to the wire again.

Nothing to do with the umpires - Geelong's players (especially midfielders) are trying to be way too precise and clever with their disposal instead of just getting it in quick. Plus you're playing a man up as we have Stokes out there. Christ he's useless.

You guys are playing a far simpler game which is suiting the pressure much better. If we can get it in QUICKLY to Hawkins and Pods we're a chance but you're going to be hard to reel in from here.

You know what!! Suck it up princesses. Now you know what the rest of the football world feels when they play your lot and Joel and co receive every soft knee dropping too high in sight.
I love it!

And I love it that you seem quite agitated - excellent. Is that Dermie?

Cannot believe the Cats fans whinging in this thread, still been on the end of some very soft 50's and numerous soft deliberate out of bounds calls.

I guess it must be somewhat of an outrage though for Cats fans not being given their usual armchair ride, umpiring has been dodgy both ways though, another over-officiated game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin gets touched over the shoulder...free. Then he bumps Hunt in the back and sends him flying into the fence...nothing leading to a hawthorn goal. Guthrie gets his head ripped off 40m out just before half time...nothing. If they're paying all of Buddy's then there's probably been 150 free kicks so far.

Why wasn't Hunt penalised for deliberate? No different to either of the ones in the first quarter was it?

Or does that not matter?

Cannot believe the Cats fans whinging in this thread, still been on the end of some very soft 50's and numerous soft deliberate out of bounds calls.

I guess it must be somewhat of an outrage though for Cats fans not being given their usual armchair ride, umpiring has been dodgy both ways though, another over-officiated game.
They just not used to it. So they think its an outrage. Poor little darlings.

And I love it that you seem quite agitated - excellent. Is that Dermie?
Mate read a few posts and get back to me about who are what particular group of supporters are agitated. I'm just loving watching your coach carry on like a petulant child every time.

Love it! Chappy tried to drop the knees for a high tackle, umps didn't fall for it. Who are these umps? Doing a fine job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back