Autopsy Dreamtime at the G , versus Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations. You deserved to win.

All the best :thumbsu:

Wouldn't say they deserved it with all of those missed shots, but no doubt about it Richmond are a good side and if they can pull the finger out and kick those goals at crucial times they are gonna be up there with the top sides. Unlucky not to win it but brilliant performance from Richmonds midfield post second half and I'm looking forward to the next time the sides clash.

Edwards might already be making me eat my words but still needs to stick a few more tackles.

Need someone who can take a bloody contested mark in the forward 50!!!! Drago and tuck have been taking some nice ones around the ground but that's where we need both of them.

can't blame the umpires but they were pretty shit. What was with the non hocking holding the ball decision ?

Easily the worst kicking display we've put on in the last month, both in front of goal and out of half back. If we'd kicked 5% better we would have won.

Feel like I've been kicked in the guts considering how much we've been working on our footskills, but there were still plenty of positives.

I freakin love Deledio, and those saying he shouldn't at least be considered when we pick our next captain should remember this night and adjust their Cotch blinkers.

Inaccuracy was the difference.

Although the Jetta "hands in the back" and soccer style dive is not in the spirit of the game and the Maric free and 50 was an abomination - Essendon were gifted at least 3-4 goals.

As much as I've appreciated Miller's role since arriving at the club, we really need a presence in the forward 50. An accurate kick and a player that can draw Jack's second or third opponent. We need Jack in "one on one" contests again.

Grimes was a massive loss.

I really feel we are 2 or 3 players away from top 4. I look forward to playing sides around our level or below.

If Richmond are going to lose then it may as well be like that. Must not lose any game easily any more.

Hardwick sooner or later needs to pull the trigger on Miller. He just doesn't have any presence and in that first half Riewoldt constantly had to compete against 2 or 3 opponents. Vickery needs to be in and I would love to see Griffiths in.

White probably would've added more than King. A lot more defensive pressure. In fact for the rest of the year Hardwick should just keep rejigging the forward line because at the moment it doesn't seem to be functioning. Richmond need to upgrade on a small forward who can rotate through the midfield. A guy in this year's draft who the Tigers could target is Kennedy from SA. By all reports he fits the criteria perfectly and would be available at the Tigers pick due to his lack of height.

Nahas keeps falling to his feet far too often. He is very one sided and small. He was a bargain for the Tigers but sometime soon they will need to upgrade. King wasn't involved that much at all. Miller needs to be replaced.

3 talls in the forward line can work especially with Vickery rotating through the ruck. I would also replace King with White.

Inaccuracy was the difference.

Although the Jetta "hands in the back" and soccer style dive is not in the spirit of the game and the Maric free and 50 was an abomination - Essendon were gifted at least 3-4 goals.

As much as I've appreciated Miller's role since arriving at the club, we really need a presence in the forward 50. An accurate kick and a player that can draw Jack's second or third opponent. We need Jack in "one on one" contests again.

Grimes was a massive loss.

I really feel we are 2 or 3 players away from top 4. I look forward to playing sides around our level or below.

I recall a 50 on Paddy Ryder that could easily of just been a "move back paddy" but instead given the 50 soo it's not like you didn't get any poor decisions.

We played with heart and tried our guts out, missed some sitters and let to many easy goals through. Pretty happy really, think we played better just didn't fall our way.
And yes the umpires were horrible, prob about 10 bad calls to 2.
And rance u have to stick those tackles..

I'm normally a glass half full kind if guy, but that third quarter killed us. Bad kicking is bad footy. We had a chance to really hurt them, and we couldn't do it. I never thought we were out of it, but i dunno, i feel flat. Grimes injury is a bastard as well. High left hammy. Looking at weeks there. We could have got it today. An opportunity missed, but, i also feel that we will roll the hawks next week. We will be too quick accross the park for them.
****!!!!!

Also, we kicked over 100 points tonight, the forward managed to function somehow. I think we need to understand forward lines aren't what they used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a 50 on Paddy Ryder that could easily of just been a "move back paddy" but instead given the 50 soo it's not like you didn't get any poor decisions.

Was also the ones that were missed - Howlett's incorrect disposal resulting in a goal, Watson barreling into Newman initiating high contact resulting in a goal, Jack not being paid after clearly taking a mark, and should have been paid a hold against Dempsey..

Simple fact was that we were inaccurate. Kick straight - We would have won. Our second half was excellent.

Essendon are top four material. Disposal by foot was clinical in the first half which set up the win.

Good fight back, disappointed to lose... even more disappointed that we were that far down to begin with.

Even more disappointed again that we have no Grimes to take on the Hawks next week. Word is that Grimes will miss 4~5 weeks :(

How "should" WE be feeling? Proud, gutted, proud & gutted?

I think I'm feeling that Hawthorn and Saints are must wins. We win those 2 and we should then we'd be 5-5 with 100%. That's my feeling, gotta move on quickly at the end of the day Bombers should probably have been on top of the ladder, I mean it was only % separating them and the eagles and they smashed em. Hawks and Saints are middle teams, need to win those middle games they are crunch games.

Really disappointed but I'm over it now. Gotta get over things quickly that's what successful teams do.

Shattered you guys lost, was barracking mighty hard for the tiges!

I know a lot of you will be angry and disappointed but honestly I can only see positives for you guys moving forward.

Cotchin and Martin are still young, Lids is hitting his peak, Maric is godly!

Haha but I feel in 2 years time your first choice midfield will be the best in the comp and just hang patient because if cotchin and martin are already playing like they're now, in 2 years they will be elite. Although cotch is practically there already.

You guys could've thrown the towel in when Essendon got to 6 goals up but you fought so hard and clearly deserved to win. Essendon seemed to get all the luck and you guys missed some sitters.

I know bad kicking for goal is bad footy but every team has there bad days of misses. As a neutral I can see you guys turning into a top 4 side in a year or 2. :thumbsu:

Btw can't wait to go to next week's match, should be a ripper and I bet we will start favourites but IMO it is a 50/50 game.

yes we lost. but im proud of the boys tonite. previous times we would have folded and got smashed. we still need quite a few upgrades but im really feel that we are on the right track finally.

Killed by the umpires in the first half and showed we were the better team in the second....meh hardly unexpected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back