Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2012 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey knightmare now that ruck rules have changed to suit someone who can jump do you think someone like dean towers might go earlier, seeing he did break the verticle jump record

hey knightmare now that ruck rules have changed to suit someone who can jump do you think someone like dean towers might go earlier, seeing he did break the verticle jump record
The rules would need to change more than that to have a 189cm ruckman

He was four years older than the previous record holders as well. So the record isn't quite as profound as it would be if he were jumping that at 18.

Love the effort, but if Harry Marsh and Warrell last past the ND it will blow my mind.

I've had both in and out of my draft and both can go national draft certainly.

Will be interesting to see if/where they land.

Footballs after 18 as Taswegian mentions still become more powerful and explosive so I can imagine a number of other ruckmen would have a higher leap so Towers would at his height most likely struggle. Even in minor minutes. I do see the thinking but not something I'd be super keen on trying with Towers.

And maybe have a look at Jackson Ramsay, I doubt he'll be there after the ND.

Early season form was good but haven't had the opportunity to see him play.

Will look into him.

what do you think of him? just saw it on collingwood fan page

Missed the draft last year and was considered a late/rookie chance. Has some ability and has rebounded with a better season this year.

If keen Starcevich could be had as a rookie through the new F/S rules giving us priority if we want him but with Richmond added already and a strong group and depth of quality KPPs I suggest we pass.

Hey KM
Where would Dom Barry be rated now after his U18 champs and combine results.
Cheers.

Combine results in particular were impressive. It might have got him into the second round had Melbourne not snapped him up but I had him more as a third rounder.

Hey KM,

Interested to know your thoughts on Brad Hartmann and where he could fall if at all?

Doesn't have a huge profile but has had some big games at times this season. Also tested well at the state screenings.

Could be in the mix late/rookie and is one who could intrigue.

What are your thoughts on Jack Bradhsaw from Claremont - would he be an option as a late pick/rookie selection?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a Collingwood man, I am wondering on your thoughts on Sam Iles' chances of finding himself a spot on a list? If not in the delisted free agency period, then come the draft or rookie draft? I am sick of saying it now, but he was definitely hard done by by the Suns after a terrific season.

Sorry if this has been answered already but why is it unlikely that Paul Marschall will nominate for the draft?

Not sounding promising. Still has time if he wants but more likely than not won't nominate.

What are your thoughts on Jack Bradhsaw from Claremont - would he be an option as a late pick/rookie selection?

Has certainly shown strong improvement which might intrigue.

I haven't heard him mentioned but entirely possible late/rookie he is looked at as a possibility as a forward.

Being a Collingwood man, I am wondering on your thoughts on Sam Iles' chances of finding himself a spot on a list? If not in the delisted free agency period, then come the draft or rookie draft? I am sick of saying it now, but he was definitely hard done by by the Suns after a terrific season.

I don't see Iles on an AFL list next season. A number of better state leaguers at a similar age - Ben Duscher, Ben Ross, Kyle Martin, Shane Valenti, Myles Sewell and that's just in the VFL.

With Gold Coast as with GWS the clear priority is the long term group and building around that. Iles was always going to be a mature body who could play for a couple of seasons to a solid standard.

Iles has been solid for Gold Coast but I don't think a case can be made that he would long term have a role in that midfield being in the same team with: Ablett/Swallow/Bennell/O'Meara/J.Martin/Weller/McKenzie/Russell/Prestia/Shaw among others who have either passed or will more likely than not pass Iles by with more quality midfielders to be added in future seasons.

With Iles I don't see him damaging enough. He can win his own ball but he isn't a contested ball beast. Tackling game only average and not a super quick player, not highly damaging and not a huge threat forward of centre. This isn't to say he isn't capable of playing at AFL level, he has been very solid and can play a role but Iles is more a guy who can fit into a team and play within a team structure rather than be a big time difference maker which is why there are no guarantees Iles finds himself on a list next year.

Perhaps a Port Adelaide or Richmond if looking for another ready to play midfielder could look at Iles to add to their depth. But on a strong team as he was with Collingwood I see him more as a depth type who can play when required rather than be best 22 on a team which as his age just isn't enough.

You have your work cut out for you Knightmare, readjusting your pick order now that the compensation has been announced, with the Saints getting 13, Port 30 & 31 etc. Looking forward to the adjusted phantom.

You have your work cut out for you Knightmare, readjusting your pick order now that the compensation has been announced, with the Saints getting 13, Port 30 & 31 etc. Looking forward to the adjusted phantom.

All adjusted now and up to date.

Good stuff KM, you're on the ball, like always. Clurey is a perfect choice for us as our first selection. Perhaps Tanner Smith if available like you say at pick 25? That could sure up our defence for the next 10 years.

Good stuff KM, you're on the ball, like always. Clurey is a perfect choice for us as our first selection. Perhaps Tanner Smith if available like you say at pick 25? That could sure up our defence for the next 10 years.

Smith may yet be an option for St Kilda at 25 and if he is it opens up some interesting possibilities. It's entirely possible St Kilda among other clubs - Western Bulldogs, Brisbane and Fremantle could do the same with their KPP deficiencies and do as Carlton did in 2010 making it a completely KPP centric draft to build up those next generation stocks.

Just curious KM, what's your reasoning behind switching out the key forward we desperately need and swapping in an inside mid of which we have more than sufficient depth? And then adding insult to injury (no offense to Marco!) by slotting him in with our 2nd?

Not having a yarn at you or anything as I think this is the most frustratingly realistic scenario that will happen for us, as shown time and time again in the past. :p
- I'm just curious to get your take on Freo's drafting in your update. :)

Wow, that is a huge jump for Sam Colquhoun! Have you gotten some mail that he is going to go higher than expected?

Interesting to see that his DOB is right at the end of the year, which makes him almost a year younger than some of those other "bottom-agers", so he could have a fair bit of improvement in him. May not play much senior footy for a while though.

The heights and weights seem out of date, but I suppose there's no other record for you to use. Hogan is now 195cm/97kg and I've read where Wines is 188cm and Macrae 189cm.

Not a big issue I suppose and not easily remedied without an up to date source.

Hey Knightmare I found a mistake at pick 25 you got Alex Boston thats the wrong name it's Andrew Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back