Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The quality of that decision is as important as its sincerity

Its an incompetent decision if the other side hasnt agreed - and they dont think they did, and there doesnt seem to be any evidence to support that they did

They did agree but now conveniently "forget" the conversation claiming circumstances of "stress". I guess it's a he said/he said situation. Some will believe one, some the other.

Jenny, in all honesty, if he thought he had rescinded it by merely informing Blucher "it's off the table", he's extremely naiive. He got Tippet's signature on the back of those deals, he could hardly expect to be able to pull the rug out upon post mortem. This is not to mention the procedural matters which led to the exposure of the deal - not a very tight ship if a bloke doesn't realise it's silly to mention a secret deal in a bloody email, is it?

I do think Trigg has been a very naiive CEO in some ways. He should have guarded and defended our best recruiting asset against the AFL. He should have made sure that risks were mitigated in relation to Tippett. He's handled both situations quite poorly, and many would suggest he handled Craig's coaching tenure poorly too - irrespective of whether you think Craig stayed too long oe not, some of the stuff like "far as the eye can see" was just stupid stuff.

It just all smacks of someone who may have got to a point where he feels a little bulletproof in his role, in my view.

It smacks of someone who takes people at their word. Is that naive? Unfortunately, probably.

He's handled both situations quite poorly, and many would suggest he handled Craig's coaching tenure poorly too - irrespective of whether you think Craig stayed too long oe not, some of the stuff like "far as the eye can see" was just stupid stuff.

It just all smacks of someone who may have got to a point where he feels a little bulletproof in his role, in my view.

As frustrating as Jenny is, at least she's consistent.

Did Crow-mo write this for you, or have you copied and pasted one of my efforts from the last few years?

I don't mind. You're welcome.

Did Crow-mo write this for you, or have you copied and pasted one of my efforts from the last few years?

Nah, I think Trigg has done a pretty good job for the most part. If you read what I wrote, I just feel that over the last couple of years he's gotten complacent.

Consistency isn't a bad quality, nor is the ability to be malleable in one's thinking. Belligerence on the other hand.....

I'm sorry I frustrate you Pete. It's not my intention.

Just interpreting the information that I see out there. I've given up predicting results and making statements as to what should happen. Understood that most of the info comes from the media, but I try to ignore that. But there is nothing wrong with challenging those that ignore information or refuse to look at an issue objectively. Or even engaging in discussion.

I'm interested to read exactly what your point was with your quoting of my post. Apart from a few minutes typing on my bloody iPhone, it's hard to understand.

I quoted your post because you seemed to be deriding others who voiced their opinions "...professes to know is a clown" and
then offer your opinion "...fought for the right to participate and then hand it back...". Couldn't the clubs reasoning be, that to be fair to its employees they need their own legal representation, hence needing the extra time for the new legal teams to evaluate their positions?

Why is their a need to be derogative towards others - "clown"?

But if he felt he HAD mitigated it by rescinding it, why would he do anything differently? I'm not arguing with anything else that you say, just questioning how everyone has 20/20 vision on this in reflection. At the time he thought he'd dealt with it.

Unfortunately Jenny, it wasn't mitigated - hence the need to take and be seen to take responsability.

As a paid up member from day dot Jenny I will be p**sed if Triggy goes. Every other Crow supporter that I have spoken to has voiced the same opinion. Keen to hear his side of the story which we have not heard as yet. Just think that he has many runs on the board and Im not going to crucify him for this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a paid up member from day dot Jenny I will be p**sed if Triggy goes. Every other Crow supporter that I have spoken to has voiced the same opinion. Keen to hear his side of the story which we have not heard as yet. Just think that he has many runs on the board and Im not going to crucify him for this...

This is amazing to me. I don't know one Crows supporter in real life that wants him to stay.

In the end, it doesn't have to be fair. Trigg's role requires (or at least, should require) the public to have respect for him. The public impression is arguably more important than the reality. And from what I've seen, the public has almost uniformly lost faith in him. Your friends must exist in a pocket of support of Trigg that has eluded me until now.

And meanwhile I've been unsuccessfully trying to frustrate SP for two years now!! Life just isn't fair :p

This is amazing to me. I don't know one Crows supporter in real life that wants him to stay.

In the end, it doesn't have to be fair. Trigg's role requires (or at least, should require) the public to have respect for him. The public impression is arguably more important than the reality. And from what I've seen, the public has almost uniformly lost faith in him. Your friends must exist in a pocket of support of Trigg that has eluded me until now.

And meanwhile I've been unsuccessfully trying to frustrate SP for two years now!! Life just isn't fair :p

What can I say, when you've got it, you've got it! ;)

I don't know anyone in real life that says he needs to go either. Interesting.

If this doesn't cost him his job then he truly is bullet proof

They did agree but now conveniently "forget" the conversation claiming circumstances of "stress". I guess it's a he said/he said situation. Some will believe one, some the other.

I'd guess that is why important agreements tend to be in writing. Maybe you could let triggy know. It seems to be something that slipped his mInd. I'm sure he'll do better next time.

What can I say, when you've got it, you've got it! ;)

I don't know anyone in real life that says he needs to go either. Interesting.

Then again, I lived for a year on the very insular Gold Coast also (Biggera Waters BTW). ;)

Triggy has gone outside of acceptable norms. As a CEO what he has done is inexcusable. He is gone.

i would say your Trigg fellow is gone. Its the business he's in. Young blokes careers and dreams are thrown on the scrap heap each year. You don't get too many chances in this game at all.

Must commend you guys on a great thread and a great read although I'm pretty confused by this stage.
Is it pretty much over or are you expecting more sanctions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back