Thankfully NBA Game time Xbox app is free

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
...because its laughably amateur.

Watching live games is often impossible. It's telling me that that OKC-LAL game, SAS-MEM and GSW-POR games are yet to begin.

Then there's the lag. Oh gawd the lag. The audio will continue, the video stops then speeds up to catch up to the audio. Many gamewinners have been ruined because of this. It happens 20 times a quarter.

WHen live, often they miss the first 5-6 mins of the game.

When watching replays, they randomly cut out parts of the game.

The lag is still there.

This entire app is pathetic.

Last edited:
It works well most of the time, the lagging pisses me off though.

And screw NBA.TV for getting rid of the help forum. Now you have to wait days for an email response.

Screw NBA TV for being so damn expensive making me rely on shitty streams :(

It isn't expensive at all, it's cheap as anything.

$180 (pre-season discount) for around about 1300 games over 8 or so months.

Ends up being about 15 cents a game, or around $5 a week.

It's not even close to being expensive.

It isn't expensive at all, it's cheap as anything.

$180 (pre-season discount) for around about 1300 games over 8 or so months.

Ends up being about 15 cents a game, or around $5 a week.

It's not even close to being expensive.
Expensive up front when it's over a weeks wage at times.

Yeah next season I might be able to, this season I was studying and between jobs, so alas pixelated streams with the odd adult industry related ad it is :p
I used to do that when first started uni. Did a free trial of league pass and then had to bite the bullet and pay for it. There was no going back to not being able to tell whose who or if the ball went in the hoop. :p

After tinkering around with the App for a while now, can only describe it as a broken mess. How can the NBA put out an APP that doesn't work? It astounds me.

One occasion (out of around 7-8 attempts) i was able to watch a replay of a game with no lag and at high quality. Every other time i've tried to watch a game, it has been stuck in low quality (unwatchable) and lagged like an old goat.

But now the last 3 times i've tried to watch a game, it just says "the game will begin shortly". WTF? The game has been going for an hour. Hell i can go to my PC and watch it lag free in highest quality right now.

What a mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah had to give up on it the last two days, had issues during the AS weekend too.

Works fine on the PC and the mrs's Mac laptop, yet Xbox One keeps saying problem encountered after working for a short period.

Xbox One kicks you out of live games a bit, but works well a lot.

Best option is - as much as i hate apple stuff - Apple TV.

Never any issues.

I've been surprised at how much better the PS4 app is than the one I used to use on my X360.

Even the PS3 app is better than the X360 apps. Just a whole lot smoother and easier to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back