The Bigfooty NBA Week 19 & 20 Thread - Thank god the All Star game is over

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

Week 19 commences on Friday with a bevy of All Stars playing against each other. Shame we have to wait 4 days.

Kevin Durant says trade requests are “great for the league” despite criticism: “Teams have been trading players and making acquisitions for a long time. Now a player can dictate where he wants to go, leave in free agency or demand a trade, it’s just part of the game now.”

I don't care about rich billionaires but i am so sick of players doing this s**t. Next rights deal i hope the owners bend them over, any player on a super max who requests out should lose the bonus money at a minimum.

Kevin Durant says trade requests are “great for the league” despite criticism: “Teams have been trading players and making acquisitions for a long time. Now a player can dictate where he wants to go, leave in free agency or demand a trade, it’s just part of the game now.”

I don't care about rich billionaires but i am so sick of players doing this s**t. Next rights deal i hope the owners bend them over, any player on a super max who requests out should lose the bonus money at a minimum.
Why? Players can be traded without their consent, so some balance is required. Players usually want a trade because circumstances have changed after signing their contract, so it’s all part of the game.

Why? Players can be traded without their consent, so some balance is required. Players usually want a trade because circumstances have changed after signing their contract, so it’s all part of the game.
Because it is the entire point of the contract, they get the guaranteed money no matter what. The trade off is they are promising to play for that team for as long as they are required. If you want flexibility you can just sign one year deals and become a free agent each year. But of course they won't do that because they want the have that money guaranteed.

The Nets did nothing but bend over for KD and Kyrie and the main reason it didn't work is because of those two, to have the audacity to demand out is bad. But you now also act like it is 'good for the league'? Nah.

You had KD last year request out of a contract that he had not even started playing yet, Ben Simmons demmanding out of an extension he had not even started playing yet.

Because it is the entire point of the contract, they get the guaranteed money no matter what. The trade off is they are promising to play for that team for as long as they are required. If you want flexibility you can just sign one year deals and become a free agent each year. But of course they won't do that because they want the have that money guaranteed.

The Nets did nothing but bend over for KD and Kyrie and the main reason it didn't work is because of those two, to have the audacity to demand out is bad. But you now also act like it is 'good for the league'? Nah.

You had KD last year request out of a contract that he had not even started playing yet, Ben Simmons demmanding out of an extension he had not even started playing yet.
You just said it “as long as they are required”. It’s a two way street. Teams won’t hesitate to put up a player for trade after signing him to a deal that isn’t working out.

Of course there are situations where it’s vastly biased to one side. Jae Crowder sat at home for 3/4 of a season and got paid.

I think what end of the moves you’re on dictates of you think it’s good for the league

You just said it “as long as they are required”. It’s a two way street. Teams won’t hesitate to put up a player for trade after signing him to a deal that isn’t working out.

Of course there are situations where it’s vastly biased to one side. Jae Crowder sat at home for 3/4 of a season and got paid.

I think what end of the moves you’re on dictates of you think it’s good for the league
But it isn't exactly, having it continue this way gives all the power to the players. It would be a 2 way street if teams could just not pay players who were not working out. A team can trade a player but the player is getting that money all the same, that is what they get out of these long term deals.

Like i said before if you want flexibility you have every right to sign one year deals, but they won't do that will they. The players just want it all, they want the guaranteed money and they want the right to move wherever they want whenever they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I though I'd never say it but the Pro Bowl Games had more highlights than the ASG did this year.
The worst part it they made the AS break longer under the guise of letting players actually go all out. Instead it's just devolved into a Pro Bowl style pillow fight with zero effort on play.

I've seen people float going back to East vs West and giving the winner home court in the Finals like MLB used to but home court advantage is way bigger in the NBA. It would certainly help produce more upsets.

Last edited:
I though I'd never say it but the Pro Bowl Games had more highlights than the ASG did this year.
The worst part it they made the AS break longer under the guise of letting players actually go all out. Instead it's just devolved into a Pro Bowl style pillow fight with zero effort on play.

I've seen people float going back to East vs West and giving the winner home court in the Finals like MLB used to but home court advantage is way bigger in the NBA. It would certainly help produce more upsets.
IMO all star game lost its value almost 15 years ago.
Players don’t wanna get hurt is the main issue but it’s really just a muck around game that no one really cares about.
I’ve thought maybe doing a world team vs USA might entice players to try but realistically it’s just not gonna happen.
Haven’t watched an all star game in a very long time, and don’t intend on in the near future.
It’s garbage

See ya Nate. Not before time either. Hawks way too talented to be sub .500.

Bye Nate! Should have happened 12 months ago.

I hope whoever comes in gets John Collins back to the perfect above the rim stretch 4. And forces Trae to play off-ball to get better looks. And quit the logo shots. Good luck with that.

Whatever everyone is doing, our 3pt% is simply not good enough to be at a top 4 seed level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back