Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll see anybody's "I was on the Sydney bandwagon in the GF", and raise you "And I tacked onto the tail of the Swans' victory parade in Sydney wearing my Geelong colours and marched the length of George Street to the Town Hall". (I explained to anybody who asked that we'd had more practise than the rest of the AFL at staging these things over the previous 5 years - and all due credit to what were an incredibly flock of Swannees that day as it was taken very well by everybody on whom I inflicted it.)

I find it incredibly frustrating that we have a really large number of Catters in Sydney and Canberra, yet we just can't seem to get together as a group (there being no SydCats group in existence). We have two Cats' games here this season, and it'd be a massive opportunity missed if we couldn't just plain meet up before and after both games.

(We've chatted before, Kitty, and you've never needed anybody to set you right, ever.)

Hi all, I'm Nic. 18, live on the Mornington peninsula, and sit front and centre of the cheersquad for every game in Victoria.

I'm the owner and creator of GFCweekly on Youtube (youtube.com/gfcweekly) and The Geelong Football Club Supporters Page on Facebook (facebook.com/gfcsupporterspage) where I handball Geelong news, updates, opinions and videos to an audience of 6000+ (and growing!) I also work with Josh from 'AFL season information, line ups, match previews and reviews' on Facebook, writing the match preview for the Cats each week - reaching over 100,000 people.

Been a Cats fan since I was 10, would love to be able to say I'm a lifelong fan but unfortunately my dad stuck me in a pies jumper from day dot. Decided on the Cats when I was old enough to think for myself, as most of my extended family support them and my sister was dating the #26 at the time... Can never remember his name... McCarthy I think? Not sure.

I've always been extremely passionate, vocal and opinionated about the Cats - regularly referred to as arrogant by opposition supporters - But hey, let's face it, opposition supporters haven't won three of the last six premierships ;)

Anyway, GO CATS!

Hi all, I'm Nic. 18, live on the Mornington peninsula, and sit front and centre of the cheersquad for every game in Victoria.

I'm the owner and creator of GFCweekly on Youtube (youtube.com/gfcweekly) and The Geelong Football Club Supporters Page on Facebook (facebook.com/gfcsupporterspage) where I handball Geelong news, updates, opinions and videos to an audience of 6000+ (and growing!) I also work with Josh from 'AFL season information, line ups, match previews and reviews' on Facebook, writing the match preview for the Cats each week - reaching over 100,000 people.

Been a Cats fan since I was 10, would love to be able to say I'm a lifelong fan but unfortunately my dad stuck me in a pies jumper from day dot. Decided on the Cats when I was old enough to think for myself, as most of my extended family support them and my sister was dating the #26 at the time... Can never remember his name... McCarthy I think? Not sure.

I've always been extremely passionate, vocal and opinionated about the Cats - regularly referred to as arrogant by opposition supporters - But hey, let's face it, opposition supporters haven't won three of the last six premierships ;)

Anyway, GO CATS!

Unreal, great Facebook page - been following it for a long while. In fact I'm following your channel too, keep it up, the work is appreciated.

ha ha, timing is everything!

Nic - your work is amazing. I saw some of it & thought that it was an official GFC production.

Now that I know that it's a work of true passion, I am all that more in awe of it. You should be getting some serious financial renumeration for the quality of your vision and output.

All due kudos, and welcome (and to you as well, Lloyd - may the Catlove never fade for you, mate).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey everyone,
Commando here, cat fan from Melbourne. I've been around for a while but never formally introduced myself.
Long time cat fan spawned by a family of bombers and flanked by the misses family of magpies.
Guess it was the weekends with my grandparents at Portarlington and of course Gary Ablett Senior that not only introduced me to a love for the game but of course a love of the mighty cats!

Hey everyone,
Commando here, cat fan from Melbourne. I've been around for a while but never formally introduced myself.
Long time cat fan spawned by a family of bombers and flanked by the misses family of magpies.
Guess it was the weekends with my grandparents at Portarlington and of course Gary Ablett Senior that not only introduced me to a love for the game but of course a love of the mighty cats!

Oh my god- we have a very similar background! Including the "family of bombers" and had a house at St Leonards!!! And my first game saw Gary Ablett kick 14!

It is a nursing home generally for geriatrics. You will find lots of cars parked out the front along Ballarat road because they have parking fees for the car park. Yes even for employees.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2012/08/21/345651_news.html
My daughter goes to school on vines rd and I've been interested to know why so many cars are parked outside the centre on my return home. Thanks for clarifying my curiosity. It's ridiculous as to how some will go to make money at the expense of the public.

I'll see anybody's "I was on the Sydney bandwagon in the GF", and raise you "And I tacked onto the tail of the Swans' victory parade in Sydney wearing my Geelong colours and marched the length of George Street to the Town Hall". (I explained to anybody who asked that we'd had more practise than the rest of the AFL at staging these things over the previous 5 years - and all due credit to what were an incredibly flock of Swannees that day as it was taken very well by everybody on whom I inflicted it.)

I find it incredibly frustrating that we have a really large number of Catters in Sydney and Canberra, yet we just can't seem to get together as a group (there being no SydCats group in existence). We have two Cats' games here this season, and it'd be a massive opportunity missed if we couldn't just plain meet up before and after both games.

(We've chatted before, Kitty, and you've never needed anybody to set you right, ever.)

Thanks oozeboss, you're very kind.
I started Sydney Cats last season, had a few meetings with the Club. I went to Lighthorse Brigade and collected names and to the Alexandria Hotel to get more names and the person who put together the email list only added about 10 names so I surprised by the poor response, until I discovered the problem. I was so disheartened. There's another pub in Newtown, where you can watch the game, but they won't promise to show Geelong games, where as the Alexandria and Lighthorse would. I'd happily pursue it, but I travel between Melbourne and Geelong for games and need someone to organise things on match day, when I'm away. Send me a message if you'd like to talk more about it oozeboss.

Anyway, GO CATS!

Love Tom Hawkins 'The Moment' it's awesome! What's the difference between Geelong Cats Supporters Group and the Page on Facey?

Oh my god- we have a very similar background! Including the "family of bombers" and had a house at St Leonards!!! And my first game saw Gary Ablett kick 14!

Haha For the record my first cats game was rd6 93 ablett 14 vs essendon

That is SPOOKY!

You didnt sit ground level of the Olympic Stand did you lol.

Yeah I remember that day well, my parents took me. Was very close to not even going, but changed my mind at the last minute. Fell in love with the game and Geelong ever since. :oops: :)

You didnt sit ground level of the Olympic Stand did you lol.

Yeah I remember that day well, my parents took me. Was very close to not even going, but changed my mind at the last minute. Fell in love with the game and Geelong ever since. :oops: :)

Close.. Top deck Olympic stand!

Growing up in bomber heartland I'd been to plenty of games at windy hill late 80's early 90's but this is the game I vividly remember decking out in blue and white (may have possibly made a banner) and bucking against the rest of the family and openly coming out of the closet as a cats supporter.
Not even a premiership that year could lure me back to the dark (red and black) side!

I didn't see this thread when I joined last night, so here we go now. I joined up here because I really don't know many Geelong supporters due to living in Melbourne my whole life. Dad had me in a Geelong supporters since I've been around though, so it's been 20 years and counting.

I didn't see this thread when I joined last night, so here we go now. I joined up here because I really don't know many Geelong supporters due to living in Melbourne my whole life. Dad had me in a Geelong supporters since I've been around though, so it's been 20 years and counting.
Welcome Menzelevium :) I joined because I lived in Sydney and knew no Geelong supporters. You joined on a great day of success! Go Cats!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back