Game Day Round 10 - Brisbane v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow the stat line makes shocking reading...how does one team conspire to have 150 less disposals??..plenty of passengers tonight to state the bleeding obvious.

So so disappointed in adcock at the moment.. Has he had a good game this year?
McGrath has managed to have his 2nd good game for the year.
Hopefully Maloney is good to play after the bye.
Black I have a man crush you just keep going.
Longer keep battling mate you will get there,
Redden sign a new contract please your a champ,
Clarke don't get suspended again cos you are a gun defender.
Harwood good run and carry,
Docherty welcome to the big league you will keep getting better,
Michael thanks for trying but it's back to the ressies mate.
Cornelius good luck against mcpharlin in 2 weeks.... Ouch
Paparone you are a gun
Zorko one of only 3 players for us that can hold your head up!!

I'm scared about the freo game, we don't get any one back, maybe Rockliff.

I guess our season starts again in round 13

I reckon Freo at Paterson's is a near impossible task, maybe if we were flying and had a full-strength team. Hope we just give it more of a crack than tonight. We've got 3 more super difficult games and then we should have a stronger side ready for a good run home.

Yeah, nah. Longer is 19 playing his 9th game. Leuey is a gun when he's playing. Most of our best midfielders haven't come early in the draft. I'd suggest you try to look at things objectively, unless you'd rather have no ruckmen.

NB: your original post only mentioned Leuenberger and Longer, so I dunno where the rest is coming from. Also Wood was got for pick 18 and traded for pick 14, Henderson isn't a ruckman and Spaanderman...well, that's just going ridiculously far from your original post in order to prove a point. Do some research.

First round draft picks on big blokes, we have loaded up for years, literally half of our first rd draft picks over the last 10 years have been on ruckmen. ****ing JOKE!

We loaded up on 2 top ten ruckmen, name a club that has done the same!!!

Drafting Longer was definitely a surprise but it's not the end of the world. I'm still confident Longer and Leuenberger will make a great ruck combo.

Going through all the drafting though is one of the most tedious things on BigFooty. I'm glad we had Longer out there rucking instead of Michael or Hudson.

thank god that is over ! pies stuffed around in the second half and the conditions helped us not get a real reeming !
black is a dead set legend
liked the work of patty k and harwood
longer get better the longer the game went
redden tried hard
pappa showed a bit but is a ways off

but

forward line was a complete farce , well done ash to add some respect
selecters need to be publicly flogged ! such a great chance for a lisle/ace combo to see if they could match what they do in the ressies , went down the toilet
no intensity in the first half just passangers
didak came on had 4 possies in a few minutes and was above 4 of our boys who played all night - wtf

gunna be a hard few weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand the hate for Karnezis... pretty damn hard to come from the NEAFL to AFL playing his first night game of the year (dewy), in a side that doesn't want to run and do the hard yards...
He ran harder tonight than I have seen him ever, and easily was the best player that was brought in from the ressies. He provided an option up forward that the others didn't, and if he got those 2 sitters he would be in the top 3 for the Lions.

I think tonight highlights how desfunctional we are as a club from the playing group to the operation/coaching off field. Our youngsters look well beyond the Development of other footy teams. Recruiting is a hot topic, but I think we have missed the ball over the years, but development a cross the board is uninspiring. Our footy department needs an overall and help from the AFL with $$$$.

Drafting Longer was definitely a surprise but it's not the end of the world. I'm still confident Longer and Leuenberger will make a great ruck combo.

Going through all the drafting though is one of the most tedious things on BigFooty. I'm glad we had Longer out there rucking instead of Michael or Hudson.

They will never be a regular combination, Longer is a pure ruckmen and Luey is a 80-20 ruckmen. Waste of a pick.

TO ALL THE DETRACTORS!

We are the BBFFC and we should be PROUD.

PROUD of our youngster's heart tonight!
PROUD of all our supporters in the crowd who stuck with them!
PROUD of the hope we have in the FITZROY LION!

PROUD of our HERITAGE!

BBFFC WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!

We loaded up on 2 top ten ruckmen, name a club that has done the same!!!

Saints, Hawks, Kangaroos, Gold Coast - hell, could even argue the club that we played tonight given they traded a heap of first round picks for various rucks over the years, as well as using the #1 pick on a bloke they had a little while ago.

Again, do some research please.

I agree, Patty K is a forward, not a midfielder, i was hoping he is a mid, but realistically he is potentially a very good 3rd tall forward
Maybe but he is obviously not up to it at the moment

First round draft picks on big blokes, we have loaded up for years, literally half of our first rd draft picks over the last 10 years have been on ruckmen. ******* JOKE!

And, like I said, we've gotten value from them. We needed two good ruckmen and we chose to develop them.

I can give you about 100 names that proves drafting isn't an exact science, to suggest we'd automatically be in a better position is utterly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back