Game Day Round 10 - Brisbane v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never be a regular combination, Longer is a pure ruckmen and Luey is a 80-20 ruckmen. Waste of a pick.
Geez Greene is looking good right about... LAST YEAR!

I think we drafted in the wrong player at pick 8. Not saying Longer is a waste of a pick, he just needs time and I would have preferred Greene.

Saints, Hawks, Kangaroos, Gold Coast - hell, could even argue the club that we played tonight given they traded a heap of first round picks for various rucks over the years, as well as using the #1 pick on a bloke they had a little while ago.

Again, do some research please.

Hawks- ruckmen 2 - roughy and franklin, Kangaroos- mmmmmmmmm Hansen, Gold Coast- Gorringe, mate you are dumb, stop posting, you are a troll poster, trying to get your numbers up. Flog!

They will never be a regular combination, Longer is a pure ruckmen and Luey is a 80-20 ruckmen. Waste of a pick.

Remember Cam Wood was still worth pick 12 despite being a proven spud.

Truly awful game and we may have been undermanned but that was a shocking display. Collingwood applied the pressure early and we fell apart. No idea why we didn't pick either Lisle or Ace? Lester was named at Full Forward which i though was a decent idea but never went any where near the forward line. Longer tries hard but seriously can someone teach him to leap at the right time. He leaps to early. Got a lot to learn and will do so in the next month.

You watch the good teams and how when they get the ball they pass and run to receive it back or take their opponent away from the ball. Our blokes get the ball pass it off and then jog away. Surely Voss and the other coaches can see we don't work hard enough. Redden was very good tonight and tries his guts out but i saw a couple times when he got the ball passed it off and then stopped.Meanwhile Pendlebury and the likes get it pass it off and run to receive it again. Been saying this for ages we can't spread as a team.

Karnezis refuses to tackle - that effort where he twice pushed a Collingwood player instead of tackling was pathetic. Watch ball up's - he takes no opponent - just stands off the pack hoping to get an easy kick. I can see why he has not been playing. Sure he has plenty of ability but he clearly doesn't seem interested in the defensive part of the game. Yeo seems to have gone backwards in the last month. Raines turned the ball over every time he got it.

Zorko - Redden - Pappa - Harwood were all good tonight but Blacky was as per usual our best by a mile. We are going to miss him so much when he retires.

I agree with the sentiments that PattyK was far from our worst player out there tonight. He was our best target in the forward line with 3 marks inside 50 (Paparone and McGrath had 2 each), and was our equal second highest clearance winner with 5 (Black 6, Redden 5). Right now, I'd much rather him out there as our third forward than Ace.

Needs to do a lot more work on his defensive part of the game, and unfortunately I don't think he'll learn much racking up 30-odd possessions in the reserves. Needs to work a lot more on his tackling, he corrals a lot and prefers to push rather than lay a tackle. When he does lay one, it's not as effective as it should be.

Hawks- ruckmen 2 - roughy and franklin, Kangaroos- mmmmmmmmm Hansen, Gold Coast- Gorringe, mate you are dumb, stop posting, you are a troll poster, trying to get your numbers up. Flog!

Since you've just shown you don't even know who drafted whom, and can't remember anything about the draft in general but are blowing your top, I suggest you log off. I'm done, not going to do your research for you :thumbsu:

Just a bloody disgrace, i don't care that we were underdone, we have copped this s**t for years and years! Bloody rebuilding based on s**t drafting and shocking development.

I think we drafted in the wrong player at pick 8. Not saying Longer is a waste of a pick, he just needs time and I would have preferred Greene.

how is that relevant having a go at longer now, we needed to select someone like him we were lacking talls and if we leunberger who is injury prone went down we wouldnt have had adequate back up, longer tried hard today and showed some promise, do you suggest we would havebeen better off drafting a lower quality ruck with a rookie pick or preseason draft and get beaten by 100 instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staker was ok I guess,

Maybe 5-6 contributors and 17-18 passengers.

It's amazing how good rookies can play/look when your in a strong side... Think hedland and dalziel, Sherman etc.
collingwood rookies weren't that good just had good delivery

Just a bloody disgrace, i don't care that we were underdone, we have copped this s**t for years and years! Bloody rebuilding based on s**t drafting and shocking development.

s**t drafting? Please explain.

We had 7-8 of our best players out. Name any team that could cope with that and still win. You're over-reacting like a teenage girl. Grow up.

Given all the kids we played it's a bit tough to call them passengers. I think it was quite simple that when the game was hot we didn't exert enough pressure and didn't handle their pressure.

I thought we looked a lot smaller which isn't surprising given the kids we were playing in important positions.

Every list needs at least 2 ruck man, longer and luey are a good age apart. WTF are you on about? Imagine if luey left or was seriously injured? What would we do then ? Good players good picks, midfielders are easier to find

if i see the type of lisle/ace hate i read this week i will come thru your computer and strangle you with your mouse !! i have never read such stupid vindictive rot in all my days ! and that goes for patty k as well

they wear the lion , they our our boys support them dont treat them like shite

pat got his chance tonight and was far from disgraced, and if the other boys had played we may have had a forward target

save the vent for the other teams

I think we drafted in the wrong player at pick 8. Not saying Longer is a waste of a pick, he just needs time and I would have preferred Greene.}}}

Not sure what you are talking about.

Billy did his best, not sure who else would have come in, once Leuey went down.
What are your suggestions on the available players?

Whoever Greene is ,he wouldnt have helped tonight.
Who is he
If you mean Josh, he is too short to ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back