Preview AFL 2nd Semi Final - Geelong v Port Adelaide, MCG, 7:50PM Friday 13 September

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of Murdoch as sub which has been suggested by a few people, I can't think of a match where he started as sub and had a positive impact after coming one - seems that with some young players that they are better being given 4qtrs to play rather than coming in with just 1 qtr where they over play things to try & impress as a means of keeping their spot.
Didn't Murdoch come on as sub v Hawthorn and kick 2 goals in 4Q?

Port will win easily.

We have a poor coach who was exposed again. People who were at the game will know what I'm talking about.

Money for jam next week.
Have to disagree. Port will not win. We were beaten by a well drilled team yesterday, and we were still in the game 20 minutes into 4Q. If we'd kicked accurately in 1 and 4Q who knows, we'd probably have won.

J.Hunt must play. Walker must be dropped. We simply need as many experienced heads as possible at this point. Especially if Enright doesn't get up.

Our side just looked too inexperienced. Walker, Blicavs, Vardy... Nope. You cannot win finals with those guys all in the side at once.

Varcoe awful, lifts or may as well be Let go. Done nothing is year and will be replaced in our best 22 next year by a youngster. Lonergan still not interested, his last year for sure.

Guthrie... Improving massively. The fact that he was ever considered to miss for that plodder T.Hunt is beyond any reasonable thinking. Scott showing weaknesses as a coach.

Wasn't aware of that. Maybe Schroder' deserves a game?

he certainly deserves it, but that doesn't seem to matter to the MC, they just haven't seemed to reward good VFL form. they pick more based on some other formula they have, otherwise we would have seen schroder, GHS, kersten, thurlow all get more games this year.

regardless of this year, i think our future is bright with some extreme talent in that VFL team.

Have to disagree. Port will not win. We were beaten by a well drilled team yesterday, and we were still in the game 20 minutes into 4Q. If we'd kicked accurately in 1 and 4Q who knows, we'd probably have won.

We will win for the primary reason of retaliating from embarrassment.

The team is arrogant. They will be hurting all week and will hit Port with everything, you just watch.

What's becoming clear this year is, our true intent for a flag does not match that of Fremantle or Hawthorn. Hawthorn hurting from last year, Freo the new kid in the block exploring uncharted territory. We lost due to lack of work rate.

I will say too... The coach pleading for crowd support as well as the Geelong players showboating to the crowd when scoring is not cool. I don't want to see that shit, I want work rate. I want intensity. You want my support? Show some guts.

My attempt at the meat tray this week:

B: Rivers Lonergan J.Hunt
HB: Mackie Taylor Guthrie
C: Christensen Bartel Duncan
HF: Stokes Podsiadly Chapman
F: Motlop Hawkins Murdoch
Foll: West Johnson Selwood
Int: Blicavs Horlin-Smith Corey
Sub: Varcoe

In: J.Hunt West Hawkins Horlin-Smith Murdoch
Out: Enright Vardy Walker Caddy Kelly

My attempt at the meat tray this week:

B: Rivers Lonergan J.Hunt
HB: Mackie Taylor Guthrie
C: Christensen Bartel Duncan
HF: Stokes Podsiadly Chapman
F: Motlop Hawkins Murdoch
Foll: West Johnson Selwood
Int: Blicavs Horlin-Smith Corey
Sub: Varcoe

In: J.Hunt West Hawkins Horlin-Smith Murdoch
Out: Enright Vardy Walker Caddy Kelly
Kelky out? Is he injured? That's a massive call if he's not injured.

We will win for the primary reason of retaliating from embarrassment.

The team is arrogant. They will be hurting all week and will hit Port with everything, you just watch.

What's becoming clear this year is, our true intent for a flag does not match that of Fremantle or Hawthorn. Hawthorn hurting from last year, Freo the new kid in the block exploring uncharted territory. We lost due to lack of work rate.

I will say too... The coach pleading for crowd support as well as the Geelong players showboating to the crowd when scoring is not cool. I don't want to see that shit, I want work rate. I want intensity. You want my support? Show some guts.

Normally i would agree with that - but Port were super impressive - they have got an outstanding ruckman- who will destroy whatever ruckman we select - plus they have got plenty of talented young players full of run and hunger

Im hoping the Cats win - and dont just peter out in straight sets - but its on the cards

Kelky out? Is he injured? That's a massive call if he's not injured.

Huge call. He didn't get much of it yesterday, and he's been up and down all season, but he averages 7.8 tackles - the highest in the League. He got 9 yesterday. And he averages 22 disposals, with 10 contested possessions.
Quite simply, we depend on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess there is one positive.

We've defeated Port the last 9 times.
We've defeated Hawthorn the last 11 times.

Would like to see a bit of speed come into the side, Murdoch for Walker and THunt for Enright. Would also like to see a leading forward like Kerston but not sure who else goes out. If you asked me during the game today I would have said Varcoe, but now I've calmed down I think although his disposal was terrible he actually started to run and take the game on again. Also I think Kelly needs to pull his finger out, GHS and Schroder will be breathing down his neck come next year! Chappy to start on and Caddy as the sub for mine next week. Watching West live last week I don't think he would make any difference today or throughout the finals imo.

He doesn't though. He's a triple premiership player. That means he gets picked for life, whether or not he deserves it. Same goes for Corey, but at least he's working his arse off on the field.

The only way Kelly goes out is if they invent an injury. They won't drop him and certainly not during the finals.

J.Hunt must play. Walker must be dropped. We simply need as many experienced heads as possible at this point. Especially if Enright doesn't get up.

Our side just looked too inexperienced. Walker, Blicavs, Vardy... Nope. You cannot win finals with those guys all in the side at once.

Varcoe awful, lifts or may as well be Let go. Done nothing is year and will be replaced in our best 22 next year by a youngster. Lonergan still not interested, his last year for sure.

Guthrie... Improving massively. The fact that he was ever considered to miss for that plodder T.Hunt is beyond any reasonable thinking. Scott showing weaknesses as a coach.

We didn't lose because we didn't have enough "experienced heads", nor did Fremantle win for that reason. Nor did Port beat Collingwood for that reason.

Both Fremantle and Port defeated more experienced and more highly-fancied sides as they used the ball far better under finals pressure. Port's ball use was superb last night. They hit more forward targets on the lead in the last ten minutes of the match than we've done in the past month.

God there are some crazy changes in here.

J or T Hunt will be on standby for Enright.

Then they will revisit Hawkins v Walker v West and Vardy forward.

They are not going to drop half the team.

Why not? They've been happy to make 3-4 changes every week during the home and away season. Not always logical changes either. Why suddenly stop?

We didn't lose because we didn't have enough "experienced heads", nor did Fremantle win for that reason. Nor did Port beat Collingwood for that reason.

Both Fremantle and Port defeated more experienced and more highly-fancied sides as they used the ball far better under finals pressure. Port's ball use was superb last night. They hit more forward targets on the lead in the last ten minutes of the match than we've done in the past month.

Nope, incorrect.

Fremantle were able to use the ball for effectively (as we're Port) due to a lack of pressure. You talk of 'finals pressure', neither Geelong or Collingwood put on what I'd consider finals pressure. We've pressured far better than that during the season over 4 quarters. Fremantle didn't only move the ball ridiculously easily out of our defence and through the corridor, they had one-on-ones at worst in their forward line. Targets are always easy to hit when you're not pressured.

We simply weren't prepared to work hard enough in defence (all over the ground).

I gave us zero chance against the Pies. We've beaten Port twice convincingly, but obviously can't afford to underestimate them.

Was incredibly relieved when the siren sounded last night.
I was cheering for Power as enthusiastically as I cheered for the Swans in last years GF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back