Preview AFL 2nd Semi Final - Geelong v Port Adelaide, MCG, 7:50PM Friday 13 September

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried by how sore and sorry we looked after the game. I think bringing in some younger fresher legs this week might be a good idea.

IN: Hawkins, J. Hunt, T. Hunt, Murdoch

OUT: Walker, Enright, Mackie, Caddy

I think Mackie may play, if that's the case I would leave Taylor Hunt out. If Hawk's not right, push Vardy permanently forward and bring West in.

If we can beat Port and get into the Prelim against the Hawks, the pressure will be all on them. The Cats - now they have lost to the Dockers - have little to no external pressure for the reminder of the final series.

Power look dangerous though. Monfries kicked seven against us didn't he? That ridiculousness cant happen again.

Our defensive game, when on, is better than PA. They are faster and will run it out better.

We need to be accurate, concise and clean with the ball and we'll be ok.

Get into an end to end running match and it could spell trouble. They will play all or nothing footy as they have nothing to lose. They will be underdogs and its all on us to win - even though we were done in 2011 allegedly.

Take our chances, lower the vision and hopefully the extra space of the G will allow a bit better ball movement.

Go Catters

If we can beat Port and get into the Prelim against the Hawks, the pressure will be all on them.

This is why I will be shattered if we lose against Port (apart from the obvious reasons). I think we're the only side left that can beat Hawthorn. It would be a shame if they cruise to a flag without having to go through us.

I'm worried by how sore and sorry we looked after the game. I think bringing in some younger fresher legs this week might be a good idea.

IN: Hawkins, J. Hunt, T. Hunt, Murdoch

OUT: Walker, Enright, Mackie, Caddy

I think Mackie may play, if that's the case I would leave Taylor Hunt out. If Hawk's not right, push Vardy permanently forward and bring West in.

On yesterday's performance as one of our best 2 or 3 players, Mackie would only go out if injured.

Port will win easily.

We have a poor coach who was exposed again. People who were at the game will know what I'm talking about.

Money for jam next week.

I think the coach did a great job to get us into the position of having a home final. This side is not a top two team, personnel wise.

I am sure it was not Scott's tactics to bomb the ball into the forward line. The players just lacked composure and we were missing Hawkins badly.

I think the coach did a great job to get us into the position of having a home final. This side is not a top two team, personnel wise.

I am sure it was not Scott's tactics to bomb the ball into the forward line. The players just lacked composure and we were missing Hawkins badly.

It's Scott's fault to allow Freo to push all their numbers up the ground and have nobody dropping back once they win the ball.

Is it true that the Cats have never failed to win the Premiership after losing at Kardinia Park?

The two other times we lost at KP in recent years was 2011 & 2007, have a guess what happened after that?

Anyone of you clever people know if it's true?

It's Scott's fault to allow Freo to push all their numbers up the ground and have nobody dropping back once they win the ball.

I don't think he had a great game yesterday, at selection or on match day. But I object to the poor coach tag. Selwood had a bad game yesterday but he is not a poor player is he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Varcoe had an absolute shocker, but at least he was winning the ball. It makes me think that he might be getting closer to finding some form. I don't think now is the time to drop him, even though it is absolutely staggering we continue to ignore Horlin-Smith, who if he played a game like that would have banished.

In: West, J Hunt, GHS
Out: Walker, Enright and Caddy

I don't think much of West but at least him in will allow Vardy to play forward. I don't want to see Walker again he is not up to standard. Kersten would have been better despite being shorter at least he is smart, can kick and catch a football. Others are just injury replacements. Varcoe deserves to be dropped and I wouldn't mind Thurlow in for him and sub but won't happen. We will instead get to witness another soft, pathetic, error riddled performance from Trav while others of value sit in the vest or in the stands.

Selwood and SJ need to pull their fingers out. Lazy, pathetic efforts from both yesterday. Kelly and Lonergan will also need to wind the clock back somehow if anything is to come of this year for us but it's looking beyond them. Taylor needs to STAY IN DEFENSE! Hopefully having someone in for Walker who can mark and kick (Vardy/Kersten) will allow H to stay where he belongs and we need him.

Lazy, pathetic comment from you.
SJ had the most complete tagger in the game put on him - tried everything to stay in the game - credit to Crowley for beating him - as he has beaten everyone else he's played on this season. At least SJ got those early couple of goals.
And I can't even imagine Selwood ever being lazy or pathetic.

I hope your other 7000 posts haven't been so ridiculous...

My attempt at the meat tray this week:

B: Rivers Lonergan J.Hunt
HB: Mackie Taylor Guthrie
C: Christensen Bartel Duncan
HF: Stokes Podsiadly Chapman
F: Motlop Hawkins Murdoch
Foll: West Johnson Selwood
Int: Blicavs Horlin-Smith Corey
Sub: Varcoe

In: J.Hunt West Hawkins Horlin-Smith Murdoch
Out: Enright Vardy Walker Caddy Kelly
Looks very much like best 22 and may have you BBQing but the cold hard facts are 9 of those couldn't run out of sight on a dark night and add even with West still no genuine first ruck, and it's a hope and a prayer with Hawk,I hate to say it but to have been even a slim chance this year we had to salute yesterday tuff from here.

Lazy, pathetic comment from you.
SJ had the most complete tagger in the game put on him - tried everything to stay in the game - credit to Crowley for beating him - as he has beaten everyone else he's played on this season. At least SJ got those early couple of goals.
And I can't even imagine Selwood ever being lazy or pathetic.

I hope your other 7000 posts haven't been so ridiculous...

Piss off. They are our best and most influential players and were woeful. So SJ was tagged? BIG DEAL! Fight it off. Started ok then faded. A number of his tackling efforts were pitiful. Selwood also gave little and seemed to be sucked in to niggle. They must do more.

Varcoe had an absolute shocker, but at least he was winning the ball. It makes me think that he might be getting closer to finding some form. I don't think now is the time to drop him, even though it is absolutely staggering we continue to ignore Horlin-Smith, who if he played a game like that would have banished.

This isn't directed at you, but that's part of the problem. Every single bad Varcoe game - and this year that's been most of them - the first thing said is "he might be getting closer to finding some form". What the *? How does he skate past criticism and the selector's axe just as deftly as he avoids contests and the hard ball?

How many good games has he played this year? He came back in a fair while ago now. Staggering that he continually gets picked while Horlin-Smith and Murdoch and West and Brown and Smedts are chopped for far, far less.

Piss off. They are our best and most influential players and were woeful. So SJ was tagged? BIG DEAL! Fight it off. Started ok then faded. A number of his tackling efforts were pitiful. Selwood also gave little and seemed to be sucked in to niggle. They must do more.

Yeah, you've got to love the "well he had a good opponent so it's ok he lost" excuse. Pathetic. Johnson wants to play in the midfield he has to learn to cope with taggers. No different to what Ablett and Judd and Pendlebury and Mitchell and everyone else deals with.

Yeah, you've got to love the "well he had a good opponent so it's ok he lost" excuse. Pathetic. Johnson wants to play in the midfield he has to learn to cope with taggers. No different to what Ablett and Judd and Pendlebury and Mitchell and everyone else deals with.

But this bloke has gotta be pretty good at it.
Stopped Selwood dead last game.
Stopped Stokes dead Q1 yesterday.
Stopped Johnson dead Q2-4 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back