Football / Coaching Department

Remove this Banner Ad

And hopefully not Gilbee's ability to move house... famously moved all his stuff into the wrong house once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yeah not the sharpest tool in the shed, apparently failed a concussion test even though he hadn't even been hit. :D

So who is our midfield coach? Seems the only role left.

That article says that "St Kilda has finalised its coaching staff" so I think this is all of them:

St Kilda coaching staff for 2014:
AFL Program:
Alan Richardson – Senior Coach
Adam Kingsley – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
Danny Sexton – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
David Teague – Assistant Coach (Backs)
Aaron Hamill – Assistant Coach (Forwards)
Darren Jolly – Rucks Coach (part-time)

Saints Player Academy:
Simon McPhee – Academy Manager
Paul Hudson – Development Coach
Lindsay Gilbee – Development Coach

I don't see Max Hudghton's name anywhere.Can anyone confirm if he is still a part time assistant coach for our backline?
He left a while ago. Not to another team, just done with coaching.

Sorry but Jolly comes across as nothing but a Flog and think we could have done a lot better then him

Sorry but Jolly comes across as nothing but a Flog and think we could have done a lot better then him
200+ game player, two time premiership player, plenty of finals experience he is perfect for a coach. Obviously if the club thought they "could have done a lot better" they would have went down that direction and looked for someone else.

A flog yes, i agree:thumbsu:
But also i very clever ruckman who was a 2 time premiership player.
He is only a part time ruck coach. He's just there to teach Longer and Hickey the finer points on ruck work. Not trying to teach them to win a nobel peace prize.
I think he will be OK.
No point picking up somebody with a better personality but who is a crap ruckman. To be fair to the club , this late in the pre season most good candidates were probably already snapped up.

Given the whole Scott Watters thing, I'm sure we've made sure that Jolly knows his place at the club. I couldn't think of a better resume for a ruck coach, to be honest, having played in 3 successful teams under some very good coaches.

Our whole coaching panel is looking very good now. Imagine if Lindsay Gilbee could get every player on the list kicking like he used to :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the Gilbee connection has a fair bit to do with Richos time at the Doggies when Lindsay, Cooney, etc and those blokes were coming through and Al had a pretty big impact on their young careers

I see you're concern. Personally from the outside looking in he does seem to be a bit floggish. Having said that I don't recall him having a bad word to say about Sydney.

His criticism of Melbourne well they turned into a basket case with a myriad of senior players with issues...so meh

Pies have numerous issues across the club. Id probably be leaving with a bad taste in my mouth as well. I mean who in the hell sacks a flag winning coach for your best mate you idolise. Especially one so close to the playing group. That's just the beginning

Anyways he's part time and only a development coach. He's hardly wielding a large amount of influence. If he starting going full *, we'd just fire his ass and find a replacement. I'm sure someone like Blake would help us out if were in a pickle

I see you're concern. Personally from the outside looking in he does seem to be a bit floggish. Having said that I don't recall him having a bad word to say about Sydney.

His criticism of Melbourne well they turned into a basket case with a myriad of senior players with issues...so meh

Pies have numerous issues across the club. Id probably be leaving with a bad taste in my mouth as well. I mean who in the hell sacks a flag winning coach for your best mate you idolise. Especially one so close to the playing group. That's just the beginning

Anyways he's part time and only a development coach. He's hardly wielding a large amount of influence. If he starting going full ******, we'd just fire his ass and find a replacement. I'm sure someone like Blake would help us out if were in a pickle

Despite his rant being immature, I dont doubt theres a lot more issues inside Collingwood then they want to admit. Collingwood are a lot more tight lipped then St Kilda so they can control it.

Him being a coach instead of a listed player is the absolute best for us. We will get all his knowledge, and lets not forget he was a VERY good ruck, without the issue of having to maybe play him. Works for me.

You maybe able sack him from Saints if he does something but he'll most likely still be around boys in VFL.....

Why is Jolly a flog? Because he came out and said what most people at Collingwood think about Buckley? I would say that puts him in the legend category.
He is a very intelligent bloke with a lot to offer.

To be honest, it was more of his insistence to push the blame to other parties instead of accepting that, maybe just maybe, he's past it as a player.

Contrast that to guys like Lenny who are worried about becoming a burden on the team and would rather retire than allow that to happen.

Jolly's 'me before the team' attitude is a bit flog-ish and not something you really want around a football club. However, if he can do his job properly this shouldn't be a huge deal.

And whenever he leaves somewhere he usually goes to a newspaper to say "poor me, it's everyone else's fault". He's whinged about Neale Daniher, Josh Fraser, Buckley. The list is endless. I'm sure he'll be fine now but there's no doubt he has history in the flog area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back