Football / Coaching Department

Remove this Banner Ad

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I just noticed this in an article on the AFLs website:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-04/trade-wrap-friday said:
Collingwood's hunt for a new sports science director is understood to include St Kilda high performance manager Bill Davoren.

Davoren, who remains under contract, has been with the Saints for 12 months but is believed to be exploring a move to reunite with Magpies football manager Rodney Eade.

Before moving to St Kilda, Davoren spent four seasons with the Western Bulldogs, including 2009 when the club played in a preliminary final under Eade.

The move is yet to be finalised and Davoren would not comment when contacted by AFL.com.au.

Seems like a reasonable enough reason to leave etc so I'm not trying to add to the "basketcase" file but does anyone know anything about this guy? Will he be a big loss to the club?

Collingwood's hunt for a new sports science director is understood to include St Kilda high performance manager Bill Davoren.

Davoren, who remains under contract, has been with the Saints for 12 months but is believed to be exploring a move to reunite with Magpies football manager Rodney Eade.

Before moving to St Kilda, Davoren spent four seasons with the Western Bulldogs, including 2009 when the club played in a preliminary final under Eade.

The move is yet to be finalised and Davoren would not comment when contacted by AFL.com.au.

The Magpies lost sports science director David Buttifant when he resigned and moved to Carlton to work along long-time ally Mick Malthouse.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-04/trade-wrap-friday?utm_medium=RSS

They are welcome to him as far as im concerned. When he was at Dogs they couldnt run out more then half, same as us kept having 2nd half fadeouts. Now look at Dogs with him not there!

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I just noticed this in an article on the AFLs website:

Seems like a reasonable enough reason to leave etc so I'm not trying to add to the "basketcase" file but does anyone know anything about this guy? Will he be a big loss to the club?

Evidently this is now confirmed.

It that time of the year where coaches seem to do a lot of moving around are there any changes to the football/coaching department at the Saints for 2014?

Personally would like to see us make an offer to Nathan Bassett has done very well at Norwood in the SANFL winning the last two premierships I think he would be an very good addition to our coaching staff.

Interested to hear of new of potential football staff movement or just who would be good additions to staff ahead of season 2014?

Norwood is obviously doing something right, and I would assume Bassett would be part of their success. St Kilda would have to consider him.

Big money is something we don't have.

How long before we can go cap in hand to the afl? :(

This is true.. right now, but the wheels to a brighter financial sitch are already in motion.
Our New Zealand venture is going to bring us good revenue and Our Etihad deal will be fixed in the (next 5 years) don't quote me on that timeline. Add to that a climb back up the ladder which will see the band wagon members come back on board. I don't think our finances are that bad.
Seriously though, For Lappin and his experience, you find the money.
He'll probably be named Paul Roos successor at Melbourne though.

Anyone have any info on our high performance manager? I've heard that Daveron (not sure on the spelling) will be/already has?? Moved back to his former club Collingwood. It's gone a bit quiet now though so not sure what's happening.

For what it's worth, I would have thought there'd be some question marks over his performance anyway. We were unable to run quarters and halves out consistently this season, same as the dogs who he was with before.

Big money is something we don't have.

How long before we can go cap in hand to the afl? :(
Hence the review and rebranding. If we can lock in support through the whole Bayside corridor, from St Kilda to Moorabbin to Seaford, and position ourselves well in New Zealand, we won't have to.

Norwood is obviously doing something right, and I would assume Bassett would be part of their success. St Kilda would have to consider him.

Great call. Time for an assistant who has tasted success recently.

Laidley can go. Doyle can go. Grayham is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bassett and Beveridge would both be terrific additions to the coaching department. Also think Peter German would be a terrific addition seems to have success everywhere he goes VFL, WAFL, Tassie, AFL etc.

I think Bassett and Beveridge would both be terrific additions to the coaching department. Also think Peter German would be a terrific addition seems to have success everywhere he goes VFL, WAFL, Tassie, AFL etc.
Peter German has been appointed head coach at Coburg, pretty happy with that as being a Coburg supporter my whole life.
Gavin Brown has just left Carlton he might be an option, seems to be running away from Mick.
Bassett sounds the goods, i would love to see a couple of non West Australians on the coaching panel.

Aussie Jones, anyone?

Great call. I was thinking that on the weekend but someone told me that doesn't like a few people still involved at the club. not sure it that is correct. anyone know if that is the case?

He would be the perfect junior development coach to replace Jaymie Graham. I wonder however if he would get paid more to coach the Gold than be a development officer at the Saints?

We've had our review, it's time for a few new voices..

Kingsbury been there 3 yrs & Laidley a couple, is it time to move them on..?

Assistant coaches on the move as Kangaroos flex muscles and Eagles lure Rawlings to the west
Read more:
In the other unofficial football trade period, where deals actually get quietly done, the shuffling of coaches has seen more significant faces move clubs.
New West Coast coach Adam Simpson has lured his former teammate Brady Rawlings across the Nullarbor in a decision that also opened doors for other significant moves by the Kangaroos.
North Melbourne has appointed former Carlton assistant coach Gavin Brown, the former Collingwood captain and premiership player, as a development coach.
This comes after the Roos had earlier secured highly respected football manager Geoff Walsh, a former chief executive of the club, as football director, and Leigh Tudor, who had been down to the last four for the senior job at West Coast, as its senior assistant coach

Not a fan of change for the sake of change. If they get offered a better job, if a better candidate is available or they aren't cutting it then we should make changes

This comes after the Roos had earlier secured highly respected football manager Geoff Walsh, a former chief executive of the club, as football director, and Leigh Tudor, who had been down to the last four for the senior job at West Coast, as its senior assistant coach

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/assistant-coaches-on-the-move-as-kangaroos-flex-muscles-and-eagles-lure-rawlings-to-the-west-20131014-2vixq.html#ixzz2hh0SK8DJ

The Kangaroos have had a really good off-season so far getting in Walsh and Tudor.

The new CEO is the key to sorting these issues.
Great leadership from a solid performer would do us wonders. My view is that part of the issues currently being talked about is due to the fact that we have had poor leadership from both Westaway and Nettlefold and with both of them gone we can turn this around very quickly.

Wonder whether we have made contact with Scott West seems like he did a good job at Werribee and now is set on returning to AFL ranks might be a good one to think about as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back