Scruffydog v Cancer, rnd 2 (Latest: Scruffydog doing 'World's greatest shave')

Remove this Banner Ad

It was now that the wait began. I was told I would be in the hospital for 1 or 2 days, but by the time everything was sorted, it ended up being too late to actually perform the chemo, which meant I had to wait overnight in the hospital for basically no reason. As you can imagine, this wasn’t thrilling news, but fortunately I’d stocked my Galaxy Tab with TV shows and came well prepared.

That was Pathetic by the Hospital to stuff up your Chemo.

I would be Extremely Pissed if I where you

Really enjoyed this last blog, real insight into how the process was. Glad to see the sense of humour shining through, makes each and every post easier to read for me. I get a lot squeamish about medical stuff, sight of blood urrgh! So these blogs have been great for me.

Hey Scruff,

Best wishes to you for your 2014, you're in my thoughts.

Whilst I'm off trying to lose a few kilos or save a few pennies - I'm conscious that your 2014 resolutions will be more basic and essential than that. I wish you much better luck with yours than I'll have with mine ;)

May you leave those dark storm clouds of 2013 behind you, sunny days for you all through 2014 my friend :thumbsu:

I am fairly new to this environment, particularly the Nest. Just read your blog. Thanks for the information, which someday may be useful for myself or another going through the experience. For now it gives me an understanding of what you are going through. I'd like to add my sympathies and hope to the list. I will follow your progress with interest. You look considerably younger in real life than in your avatar! Good luck to you Scruff!:thumbsu::rainbow:

Actually 76, I do make rather extensive 'to do' lists every year. This year will be no different. However, due to obvious reasons I'm steering clear of things that involve fitness or may be hampered by bad health (and I'll need to try to be mindful of potential lack of funds as well).

My lists every year have random items in them for fun, which won't really benefit me in the long term (such as, 'watch all of the iMDB's top 20 movies that I haven't yet seen'). This year, I'll be focusing mainly on silly novelty items on my list. It won't improve my life dramatically to cross most of them off, but I'll have fun doing it ;)

I'll post my list here when it's finished.

And no, 'beat cancer' won't be on the list. I think it's unfair and unwise to put anything on my list that I have no real control over. Beating cancer is obviously the plan, but it's more in the hands of the doctors than myself (positive attitude etc aside).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read, or just chat with whoever is there with me (my girlfriend or sister usually).
Went to your Blog, interesting reading. You have one of the most important things going for you - a positive attitude.
Keep it up!

Went to your Blog, interesting reading. You have one of the most important things going for you - a positive attitude.
Keep it up!

Spot On - Postive Attitude and Never Give Up

I heard about this thread scruffydog. My mum is starting her treatment for her first round of cancer wednesday of next week, for 6 weeks. Thanks to a GBM tumour. I wont talk about it anymore as it would distract from your thread.

All the best with your treatment and hope all goes well!

I heard about this thread scruffydog. My mum is starting her treatment for her first round of cancer wednesday of next week, for 6 weeks. Thanks to a GBM tumour. I wont talk about it anymore as it would distract from your thread.

All the best with your treatment and hope all goes well!
Wishing your mum all the best luck in the world and hope and pray things go well for her.:rainbow::thumbsu:

Scruffy I hope you are traveling well mate and your treatment is going well(I have been following your blogs closely) I am just going for a walk so I will close now.

Ps good luck to you both with your treatments and also on the weather front down there.:rainbow:

Good luck to her! Feel free to send her a link to the blog so she has a better idea of what to expect. That's what the blog is for, after all.

Ps good luck to you both with your treatments and also on the weather front down there.:rainbow:

Cheers mate. The weather has been just about worse than the chemo!

Good luck to her! Feel free to send her a link to the blog so she has a better idea of what to expect. That's what the blog is for, after all.

Cheers mate. The weather has been just about worse than the chemo!
Mate I know exactly what you mean about the weather, 2 weeks ago up here in Ippy we had 42 on the friday an unbelievable 48 on the saturday and a nice cool 39 on the sunday but we have had cool weather since thank goodness.:thumbsu:

Ps good to see you can joke about the chemo mate.:thumbsu:

Here's my 2013 list which I mentioned earlier, completed.

I have 4 grades which are as follows:-

A+ - Completed successfully
A- - Completed successfully, but due to no effort on my behalf (the item basically completed itself or in spite of my lack of effort).
F+ - Not completed successfully, but significant effort was made to complete it.
F- - Not completed successfully, no effort made.

In this case I also have an 'N/A', only because due to my health it would have been irresponsible for me to attempt to reach the goal.

fgym.jpg

Wishing your mum all the best luck in the world and hope and pray things go well for her.:rainbow::thumbsu:

Scruffy I hope you are traveling well mate and your treatment is going well(I have been following your blogs closely) I am just going for a walk so I will close now.

I heard it got hot out there. Bats dropping dead out of the trees from heat stress. Kids burning themselves on play equipment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back