Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

finalised my team.

backs: mcveigh, s mitchell, hanley, simpson, suckling, r shaw, (mcdonald, langford)

mids: ablett (c), d beams (vc), murphy, d thomas, rich, tyson, ellis, polec, (cunningham, michie)

rucks: golstein, sandilands, (derickx, longer)

forwards: dangerfield, d martin, t mitchell, zorko, caddy, higgins, (kennedy harris, rohan)

thoughts?

Any thoughts. There's a few risky ones.

GwcmUjb.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a few.

Backline: Mitchell, Swallow, McVeigh, Suckling, McDonald all fine.

Laidler should probably not be starting on your field. Not enough scoring potential. Kade on your bench is not playing and Tippett doubtful. Swap for Langdon from Pies who is playing and Langford who is very likely to play.

Midfield: I like Ablett, Beams, Pendles and Kennedy, they are all fine as well as Thomas

Griffen has been under an injury cloud all season, get rid of him. Boak, well I think there are better options than him around his price. Watson, Libba, Cotchin, Deledio are all safer picks. No idea who Shenton is, get rid of him and replace with Polec on field, this is a must. Look at Luke Dunstan and Harry Cunningham as rookies.

Ruck: Sandi fine, Dixon a huge no-no.

Go a Mumford, Jacobs or McEvoy around his price range. Get rid of Michael as a rookie, he's wasting cash there. Currie and Thurlow best options.

Forwards: Danger, Martin, Franklin fine.

Chapman would be good if not 32 and in danger of breaking down at any second, but if his body holds up he will give you premo scores. For his price I would definitely trade him to Gunston.

Get rid of Daniher and Frost and get Caddy and Higgins in there.

Bench - Rohan fine (personally he's my F6). Lose Spina and replace with Impey and J. Kennedy Harris. Rookie forward bench spots are the hardest bench to fill due to poor job security in just about everyone.

Hope this helps mate and if you haven't already head to www.dreamteamtalk.com, the original and best Dream Team fan site on the net. :)

cheers mate, really appreciate the feedback - off to dreamteamtalk now! :)

Sorry about the format - server couldn't allow me to change my team so it was heaviest -> lowest price, other than my bench players (and the website doesn't do it automatically, brilliant!).

Missed out on Langdons score but he should be booming in price with that score soon enough anyway so I can take it.

DT14.png

who is Polec? had a few suggestions to get him in but he is not in the list on AFL Dream Team...

Don't non-emergency players on the bench get points if they play?

Nope, only get points if selected as an emergency and an on field player doesn't play

Back to your team, I'm surprised you loaded up on KPPs in your forward line. Personally I'd trade out Franklin and Cameron, move Zorko and Dangerfield into forward slots and pick some youngsters (i.e. cash cows) to pad out your midfield and bank the rest for future upgrades. Food for thought ;)

Is Ah Chee best 22?
Zorko is risky but could pay off... still better at that price
Billings is hugely over priced and from memory had an injury at some stage
Maric is out for 6 from memory.

Big mistake with Maric.. should of done my research there. Might just have to wear it for a couple of weeks until his back don't want to make a trade. I've got Longer as my emergency you'd think he'd play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back