Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Team looks solid, but isn't Seedsman injured. Also not entirely sold on Westhoff, especially with Port not having such an easy opening few rounds as they did last year. Would prefer Roughead at that price. Plays the Lions in round 1 and is absolutely going to maul us.
Changed it up a bit. I have my own reasons for picking Westhoff, so he stays. What would people say out of 10 for this team?
Fantasy - Classic.png

First time doing this, let me know what you think??

Real DT

Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow D, Suckling, McDonald L, Laidler
Langford, Georgiou

Ablett, Watson, Beams D, Wingard, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec
Ellis X, Crouch M

Ryder, Sandilands
Derickx, Thurlow

Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Wright, Caddy, Higgins
Rohan, Kersten

$278,300 left over.

Spent the extra 20k and upgraded Dal Santo to Dayne Beams and dropped Griffen for Ziebell. IMO Ziebell's price will rise quickly where I'll look to trade him for another premium.

BACKS: S. Mitchell - Enright - Simpson - D. Swallow - Suckling - McDonald. Fuller(E) and Clay Cameron as reserves

MIDS: Ablett - Rockliff - Ziebell - Cotchin - D. Beams - D. Thomas - Tyson, Polec. Dunstan (E) and Ellis (E) as reserves

RUCKS: Lobbe - Sandilands. Thurlow and Currie as reserves

FORWARDS: Dangerfield - D. Martin - T. Mitchell - Caddy - Daniher - Rohan. Honeychurch (E) and Markworth as reserves

Any late thoughts would be appreciated

Here's what I have for round 1. Generally favored players from teams who I thought would do better in Round 1 specifically, and I'll do a bunch of trades before round 2.

EDITED: (thanks LanLion!)

upload_2014-3-13_2-44-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-13_2-6-36.png
    upload_2014-3-13_2-6-36.png
    142 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Here's what I have for round 1. Generally favored players from teams who I thought would do better in Round 1 specifically, and I'll do a bunch of trades before round 2.

View attachment 46746
Bartel- alot of people don't have him, mostly cos they think there's better value elsewhere. I think he's not a bad option, but I would say Enright is a safer choice for a solid 85-90 this week. Both will smash it at Simonds this week, but Bartel might wander for a 70-120. Bartel has a higher ceiling but slightly more risk.
Varcoe?? SERIOUSLY?? He is on my never ever ever.
Your forward line is very weak. Put Dusty in that Fwd line, not sure about Cripps but that's your choice. Definitely get Kersten and Bock out, they're missing Rd 1. Bock is out for about a month.
Your bench- WAY too much cash on there, downgrade Longer (if not Hampson as well), use that cash on field.

Thanks! Swapped out some players (and edited my post so you can better see the changes):

* Added Enright to the backline (moved Bartel into the mid at the expense of Varcoe)
* Put Ellis and Polec into the team with Michie the emergency and Cunningham the other bench
* Downgraded my rucks to Derickx (E) and Currie
* Moved Martin in the forward line instead of Kersten, and swapped Bock for Honeychurch, with Rohan as the emergency

By the way, what do the little circles next to the player names mean?

Last edited:
Spent much time on Supercoach, but this dumby R1 does it mean i can have a very cheap bench player without any risk?

Here's my REAL DT team after 6 weeks hard work and sacrifice, and I'm pretty darn pleased with it, I must say.

Phil Tufnell

Back: McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Simpson, Suckling, McDonald (Langford, Langdon)

Mid: Swan (c), Barlow, Libba, Beams, Thomas, Dyson, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Cunningham)

Ruck: Cox, Sandi (Currie, Thurlow)

Forward: Martin, Mitchell, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

Thoughts guys?

Thanks! Swapped out some players (and edited my post so you can better see the changes):

* Added Enright to the backline (moved Bartel into the mid at the expense of Varcoe)
* Put Ellis and Polec into the team with Michie the emergency and Cunningham the other bench
* Downgraded my rucks to Derickx (E) and Currie
* Moved Martin in the forward line instead of Kersten, and swapped Bock for Honeychurch, with Rohan as the emergency

By the way, what do the little circles next to the player names mean?

Get Bartel out of your mids now. Too expensive and risky to be a worthy premium in your midfield.

ok, my latest effort -thanks to you guys who gave feedback on my last effort without being too harsh (especially to a self-confessed pomView attachment 46680 :)

here is v2 of my starting team though still not sure of injuries; is there an AFL injuries website where we can check latest injury stats??

cheers all
Windy

any thoughts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any thoughts??

I have a few.

Backline: Mitchell, Swallow, McVeigh, Suckling, McDonald all fine.

Laidler should probably not be starting on your field. Not enough scoring potential. Kade on your bench is not playing and Tippett doubtful. Swap for Langdon from Pies who is playing and Langford who is very likely to play.

Midfield: I like Ablett, Beams, Pendles and Kennedy, they are all fine as well as Thomas

Griffen has been under an injury cloud all season, get rid of him. Boak, well I think there are better options than him around his price. Watson, Libba, Cotchin, Deledio are all safer picks. No idea who Shenton is, get rid of him and replace with Polec on field, this is a must. Look at Luke Dunstan and Harry Cunningham as rookies.

Ruck: Sandi fine, Dixon a huge no-no.

Go a Mumford, Jacobs or McEvoy around his price range. Get rid of Michael as a rookie, he's wasting cash there. Currie and Thurlow best options.

Forwards: Danger, Martin, Franklin fine.

Chapman would be good if not 32 and in danger of breaking down at any second, but if his body holds up he will give you premo scores. For his price I would definitely trade him to Gunston.

Get rid of Daniher and Frost and get Caddy and Higgins in there.

Bench - Rohan fine (personally he's my F6). Lose Spina and replace with Impey and J. Kennedy Harris. Rookie forward bench spots are the hardest bench to fill due to poor job security in just about everyone.

Hope this helps mate and if you haven't already head to www.dreamteamtalk.com, the original and best Dream Team fan site on the net. :)

Final team...for now
rate?
any advice?.. cheers.
16is7wy.jpg
Onyour mid and back bench's; you've got heaps of cash tied up there. Especially with the free hit. Dump Kolod and Dunstan, Langdon's playing. Find another $135k rook. Save some big bucks there. You could then look at your forwards. Boyd's not playing, s**t with the money you've paid for those 2 rookies, you could upgrade to a Tom Mitchcell or Roughead easily.

This would have to be close to my final side any other things i should look into, other options?

View attachment 46670
I like the fact you've gone with the 3 rookie priced mis. I'd personally start Polec before Crouch.
Pav & Zorko, could you do better than that. I'd consider downgrading Patton, taking the extra cash and converting Pav & Zorko to 2 of say Parker, Caddy, Wright, T Mitchell

Any thoughts on this side? I think I may have too many swans in the forward line, but was thinking will trade out Rohan before their bye.
I have $17,600 left
Thanks all

Attachments

• Dreamteam3.PNG
    Dreamteam3.PNG
    106.3 KB · Views: 103
HTC One wont allow me to upload saved pics.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Not 100% sold on my team atm. I've had to put the two fwd rookies in as it is the only way I can afford my playing side.

Cash $20,300

Def: Mitchell, Enright, Hanley, Malceski, Mcdonald, Langford. (Laidler, Langdon)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin, Beams, Murphy, Thomas, Shiels, Polec. (Ellis, Wanganeen)

Ruck: Jacobs, Sandi. (Currie, Thurlow)

Fwd: Danger, Martin, Mitchell, Wingard, Caddy, Rohan (Honeychurch, Redpath)

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back