Dane Swan doesn't give a ....

Remove this Banner Ad

However, I just don't think he's sub material. He's not an explosive player, I'm not sure why we persist on him being the sub.
Tend to agree on that.

He has never been one to chase and put any type of defensive pressure. There were plenty of key points in the game where he didn't cover an opponent which directly resulted in easy turnovers. It is obvious he treats this game as a job only with no passion on field. His attitude needs to change (if possible) along with Buck's gameplan. Watching the Pies play this style of footy is killing me.

The gameplan is ok the execution of it however is appalling.

We are trying to play the cats style quick corridor footy mied with a bit of Hawks footy but we do NOT have the players equipped to do so or the forward MOVEMENT(more lack of movement our forwards wait for the ball to be kicked to them!! and do not create space with leads for others to lead into CLoke has become lazy and wants the ball put on his head to often!!).

I'd put money on if swan played for hawks or cats .. The senior players wouldn't cop it

And I'd bet too ..I bet Buckley would have been tempted to trade him, but knew there would be too much backlash

He definitely was tempted and Swan was told it was a possibility.

With all due respect loki...this thread did not take balls to post. It is a cheap shot...just read the opening post. No reason or debate.

With all due respect he does it in nearly every thread.

SWAN is most likely injured (GROIN) but he also does not look to give two fks so i can see how people perceive it to be that way (not that i do per se).

If he is injured he needs to be rested and recovered because Swan is not overtly skilled so can't get away with not physically being ok.

The gameplan is ok the execution of it however is appalling.

We are trying to play the cats style quick corridor footy mied with a bit of Hawks footy but we do NOT have the players equipped to do so or the forward MOVEMENT(more lack of movement our forwards wait for the ball to be kicked to them!! and do not create space with leads for others to lead into CLoke has become lazy and wants the ball put on his head to often!!).

The game plan is way too obvious. Kicking wide out of defense is music to the other teams ears. All teams load up with numbers on us knowing it's going wide. I high ball goes to the wing with a contested drop and bang the opposition wins out everytime with numbers. I understand that we are an inexperienced team. By that I mean that the new face players on the field are still learning what their mates are going to do or where they will be. Geelong and Hawks no exactly where the support is and where to place the ball in time of need. We need our best 22 up and fit to establish this fluency and confidence. By the way I find it incomprehensible that Reid & White weren't ready for Rnd1. I understand sh?t happens but surely these guys needed to be eased into the season based on the importance of their roles.

The game plan still requires tweaking followed by a solid defensive unit. The mid can carry itself but it's how easy we get scored against that is killing us. The game plan takes way too much out of our legs for so little result so there is no wonder we don't have the stamina to stream forward when required. The passage of play 2-3 min from the end was evidence that we had no one up forward for Pendles to kick it to. We stalled and stalled and stalled hand balling in a circle until Swanny eventually sprayed one of his left to the opposition. I get that it was the end of the game and everyone was spent but this happens throughout the game each week. We play a patient keepyoff game working the ball forward 5meters at a time, working working and bang the ball is turned over and in our net way too easily.

If Swan is injured, how is playing week after week going to improve it? Should be rested in that case.

There are conditions that are painful to play with but neither benefit from rest nor get worse by playing through them.

Perhaps Swanny is toughing it out.

The club came out during the week and said that he doesn't have an injury. This concerns me because either 1) He's just playing terribly or 2) The club is lying about injuries once again (which is one thing that really shits me about us at the moment) and yet we don't bring someone else in. I have never seen him so non-existent as tonight, those clearances were crucial and he failed to step up which some could argue cost us the game due to it being at such a vital point in the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that make it alright? Clearly a thread with one purpose....stir up trouble.

I think Swan is off the boil why is it ok to give it to Maxwell but not Swan, Cloke etc?

It's not like it's one game either Swanny has been off the pace for the last 3 games and some would argue parts of last year too.

Personally I think he has an injury if so he should be sent for surgery or what ever cause he isn't good enough to carry what ever is wrong.

inb4 he kicks 3 goals, gathers 42 disposals on anzac day and everyone labels him a legend :oops:

In b4 round 1, 2 n 3 oh wait that happened.

You can't say oh s**t rnd 4 swanny just blew your minds with 40 and 3 so the first 3 rounds were imaginary...

If he is injured fix it if not then he needs to pull his finger out simple, if it's the latter then without a doubt he will have a blinder soon.

In b4 round 1, 2 n 3 oh wait that happened.

You can't say oh s**t rnd 4 swanny just blew your minds with 40 and 3 so the first 3 rounds were imaginary...

If he is injured fix it if not then he needs to pull his finger out simple, if it's the latter then without a doubt he will have a blinder soon.
he'll come good :thumbsu:

Sorry to disagree guys (and girls), but I am a fan of Swanny (and Bucks), and either Swanny isn't fit or he is woefully out of form. I can't comment on the first game against Freo, but the last 2 weeks he has been a dead weight. If Bucks really wants to send the right message to our playing group Swanny either needs to be rested or he needs to go back to the VFL and carve up. Playing him after those last 2 performances says that it is acceptable if you are an established star. Everyone has to be selected on current output or it becomes one rule for some and another rule for the others, and that can only damage our side. Yes he did look disinterested but I don't believe that can be an accurate assessment. If he plays in the ones next week I may be forced to modify my thoughts on Bucks (gosh I hope not), that performance just wasn't good enough to warrant selection next week. Personally I think that he doesn't have a groin injury, I actually think it's a shoulder problem. I recall him last weeks walking around after a heavy collision early in the game with his right (?) arm hanging limp and if so that would explain his lack of desire to tackle, reach up for the overhead ball or run/accelerate away from clearances at the pace that we are used to seeing. As I have already said he either needs rest or a stint (hopefully for one game only) in the 2s. Champion or not I would expect him to know this and accept this decision from Bucks and I would expect Bucks to make that call if he is the coach that I think he is.
By the way Fasolo in the backline has the potential to be the next Jordan Russell, (if he improves a bit)either play him forward or send him back to the VFL until he figures out what the h*ll he is doing.

Last edited:
He gives a s**t. Pride in his performance is one of his few motivations. I'm not sure why exactly he is playing like he is, but I would never question him.

He is really struggling without his mates around the club.

The Health Shaw trade is one of the most baffling trades made. Firstly, Shaw was performing on the field and I believe he led the league in rebound 50s last season. Secondly, we are not short of a midfielder. Taylor Adams has good potential but is he really that significantly better than Josh Thomas? That is also considering we already have Pendles, Swan, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom and Macaffer to tag ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back