Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Preliminary Final vs. Sydney Swans, Saturday 17/09, 4:45pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my last bit of negative commentary before the big game…I thought Macrae said he had learn from our round 22 loss. Bianco was abysmal! Don’t understand how you can even consider him in the 23.

Had a dream it felt so real I could touch it. Never had anything so life like.

Pies beat Swans 13.11.89 to 9.11.65

Cox 4 goals.

Bookmark this post!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had a dream in 1977 that twiggy dunne would take a mark and kick a goal after the siren to win us the flag, how close was that? I still can't believe it

This will be my last bit of negative commentary before the big game…I thought Macrae said he had learn from our round 22 loss. Bianco was abysmal! Don’t understand how you can even consider him in the 23.
"Bianco stood up in his first final, finishing with 16 disposals in a performance that drew praise from McRae and should ensure he heads to Sydney next weekend.

"I was really proud of Trent. He came in and do what he needed to do," he said.

"He gets caught up in making a couple of mistakes, but it's OK, you're allowed to make mistakes. But I thought his discipline to task and he allowed others to shine, too, just by doing his job.

"I did read a couple of comments when we picked him, I thought they don't see the trust we have in this kid."

Had a dream it felt so real I could touch it. Never had anything so life like.

Pies beat Swans 13.11.89 to 9.11.65

Cox 4 goals.

Bookmark this post!

Will send $200 to your OnlyFans account if you are correct Legend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While our pressure will need to be elite to remain competitive, with this game being one between the two best pressure sides in the game it's unlikely pressure from one side will overwhelm the other and be the deciding factor.

For us our path to potential victory has already started with McRae acknowledging he didn't coach that well the last time we met.

So now he and his fellow coaches get the opportunity to show us what they have learned and done to better prepare for this game and the players the opportunity to display that teaching.

As for the players the last time we met around 1/3 of the team was said to have been sick during the week. While we were up against a quality opposition our energy level did seem below what we had come to expect during our winning streak. We'll have De Goey this time and hopefully a full game from Ginnivan also.

While we will be relying on our best players to put us in a winning position like any other week, this final might well be won or lost by the contribution of those who can divide opinion.

One of them is Mason Cox who has been solid in shouldering the ruck duties with Cameron this season.

It may surprise some however that he only has the 7 goals for the season from his 17 games so a price has been paid in front of goal. In comparison Cameron has 19 goals from his 23 appearances.

Cox looked in good marking form last week against Fremantle and with us going in with an unchanged line up you sense we must make more use of him up forward to try and challenge the McCartin brothers and stress their defensive line.

With a season average of 65.4% Cox only had 58% TOG the last time we met Sydney and a lowly 46% TOG against Geelong. Last week was 77% so hopefully we have already learned our lesson.

The other player I want to highlight if only in the vain hope he makes me look like a fool is Hoskin-Elliott.

My God is any other player more frustrating to watch than Will?

While some people fairly laud his gut running and clean hands below his knees do they not also see a player who at any moment can be our sides biggest momentum killer because of a simple dropped mark inside f50 or questionable physical attack on the ball?

Honestly, he needs to be strapped to a chair over the next 24 hours, shown his 2018 season highlights and reminded that he was once a reliable, if not talented overhead mark.

The amount of relatively straightforward marks he now drops whenever his feet leave the ground is almost hard to fathom. Does my head in and last week we saw a new trick whereby he actually takes the mark but misses the goal. Must we choose between the two Will?

Cox hasn't kicked more than 1 goal in a game all season. Hoskin-Elliott only has the 4 goals from his last 14 appearances.

Both have the capacity within to contribute more than that I believe and I hereby challenge them to start doing that from this week.

Go Pies!

Let's play the most basic game plan of all time on the slightly smaller SCG.

Plug Cox at FF, kick to the hotspot and hope he brings his marking hands and the umpire brings his free kick whistle.
*geelong whistle
Nick & Josh to combine for 50 possies and 3 goals this week.
Mason Cox to turn the game and Jordy to dominate the centre square.
Solid games also by:
Crispy
Moore
Maynard
Lippa
Sidey
Howe
And a small Cameo by Rambeau when he takes out Buddy.

whats the multi paying?

We are rightfully starting underdogs here, I’m much more hopeful than confident, IMO our best chance is to jump them early and hold on like grim death, we aren’t playing Freo this time, these guys have stars on every line.

Coaches have shown they know what they're doing this year.

They have info posters simply don't have.

I'm more than happy to back our coaches - inc their selections.

We are rightfully starting underdogs here, I’m much more hopeful than confident, IMO our best chance is to jump them early and hold on like grim death, we aren’t playing Freo this time, these guys have stars on every line.
We have to play them on their home turf with the 3 worst maggots on their side as well.

Such is life GB, our only responsibility is to ourselves.

Forget the outside noise and factors and zero in on each individual performance and the team dynamic.

If we get everything right this will be the game of the year - perhaps the decade.

What will be, will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back