Game Day Prelim: Swans v Pies, SCG Sat 4:45

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome to the second last Game Day thread of the year.

Our 10th Prelim this century. Pretty awesome. But just like a fat kid eating cake, it's going down great, but we want more.

Why him again, you ask(me, not the Fat Kid)? With the death of Lizzie, Andy has been quite busy making the last few public appearances of his life. This meant he had to cancel a few conflicting engagements, one being the World Conference of Unconvicted Sex Offenders. In his capacity as Australian Chapter President WalterBlaknWhte has had to take on more responsibility and is unable to write his usual confused crap.

So here we are. Should I go straight to the Swans hate? Yes. There are two types of Sydney supporters. The first ones are the Melbourne-based losers who are lifetime "Bloods". They love telling you that. Yeah, well, if your supporters were any good, the team would still be at the Lake Oval. And STFU about the Bloods. Your main color is white. Who came up with that brainwave for a footy team?

And you stole your theme song from Notre Dame, the Collingwood of College Football.

The second type are the Sydney-based Chardonnay set. Point-clappers who only follow in times of good. The two types have nothing in common. They are a Club Divided.

Please note that I do love me a good chardy, but never ever wooded. Remember that kids.

The line-ups - look em up, I ain't slotting em in here for nobody to read.

Prognostications
News just in - JC and Beau were in a car crash on the way to the airport. Beau started early on instructions to seek body contact at every opportunity.

Whilst Luke Parker gave me my non-Pie highlight of the year with his work on Dylan Shiel, I would like for RamBeau or Bruz to deliver some hard love back.

Sent Mrs Side to training yesterday. She reported back that Jamie spoke to some kids near her(because she was tagging Jamie) and promised them he would kick 5. I like the sound of that. Mrs S took a photo with Jamie and came home with a glint in her eye not seen for some time.

Who will go to Buddy? I feel obliged to put it out there that Jesinta Franklin is wonderful. Last time round Darcy went to Bud first, then Murph later on. I think this time we start Murph on him and tell him it is glove wearing time. Bud can be nice and sneaky by hanging off packs. Murph needs to play the man.

The Swans do have some decent players coming up. I cannot believe former Mad Pie James Rowbottom is playing for them. I got that little flucker a ticket to the GF replay in 2010. It is time for him to repay that favor by playing poorly against us. Hopefully Jordy will deliver some quality bullying to his younger fellow alumnus.

Speaking of Jordy, the game is on his boot. He will fire again tonight. All of the moral crusaders can go stick their persuaders into bags of busted glass.

Last time we played the Swannies, Miho played his 100th and they stole our honour. This time 'round Crispy plays his 200th and we are stealing it back, freaky camera angles and all.

The bookies say we have little chance. Fk them. I look forward to relieving Sportsbet of some of the money I have lent them.

The AFL execs are flying up in the new jet that they bought after Dickie Greenleaf signed off the TV rights. Rest assured those Cheats in Suits want us to lose. We have done everything they wanted this year by boosting crowd numbers and giving great sport. Now they want the Swans in the big show. But just like Dickie wasn't expecting an oar to the pill, Gil won't be expecting a 3 goal turn from Sunshine's Only Hyphen. it's going to happen.

2bs80rzhqh941.jpg

The Pies by 3 points. Yep, it is going to be a game for the ages. Tough to get through, but glorious in the end. We shall prevail!

Walt will be back for the GF Game Day Thread.

Last edited:

lol @ the fat kid eating cake comment!!

Giving us a massive chance here. Some of the main reasons;
1) JDG will be playing - what a difference he's made the first two finals!
2) We don't have the flu this time - clearly was an issue at the last game. I watched a bit of it again, and they don't look right!!
3) Ginni was subbed out by half time - he had a big impact last week and I expect he'll thrive on the opposition crowd. He loves to be antagonistic!
4) Mason Cox has found some great form in recent weeks and memories of 2018 Prelim linger! His family will be in town which seems to be a catalyst for big performances from the big Texan!
5) Sydney has had the break, which is now actually a disadvantage in the Prelims. Since the introduction of the pre finals bye, the results favour the non rested teams, at least one, making it to the Grand Final.
6) We're fit and we're hungry to have a different result up there this time around!

I would equally as happy if we were to lose as long as Geelong loses tonight, not that I think we will lose because I reckon we went up another gear last week and there is still 2 gears to go

Love this write up, I'm so bloody pumped for this game.

I'm cringing as I post this, because it's a bit embarrassing, but I made a tik tok for an SEN competition for flights and tickets to the game.
Had to do a pre game address of roughly 30 seconds, pretending to be Fly pumping up the boys.

Anyway, I don't reckon I'll win but at least I can give a few here a laugh at my expense.

DD on TikTok

Last edited:
Jordy's building for his first Normie

He'll storm the SCG with 25 pos, 5 don't argues, and 3 goals before partying with The Double Bay Coke Matrons

Darce, Darce is magnificent to watch and only getting better

And Maynard will make Chirper Papley walk smaller

We will beat Sydney and we will win the flag

Collingwood by 64 points

Just read the last page of the game preview thread in the Sydney board. They seem confident that if Sydney is close to Collingwood at 1/2 time that they're a better finishing team than us. Have they watched any Collingwood games this year?

JDG was out when we played and key Pie players battled the flu. Ginni didn't see the game out.

Furthermore Papley is so annoying, almost as much as Buddy who carries on like a pork chop. Beau to address this concern.

They're rightful favourites, but we couldn't GAF what the bookies together with all the footy-experts think.

Pies in canter by 4 points.

Please note that I do love me a good chardy, but never ever wooded. Remember that kids.

That’s because you drink that cheap 2 buck chuck stuff that’s been aged with wood chips raked from the garden beds of the local dog park.

You need to spend good money if you’re going to drink wooded Chardonnay.

That’s because you drink that cheap 2 buck chuck stuff that’s been aged with wood chips raked from the garden beds of the local dog park.

You need to spend good money if you’re going to drink wooded Chardonnay.
I think his maid's been drinking all the good stuff as stress relief and bringing him the servants slops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the second last Game Day thread of the year.

Our 10th Prelim this century. Pretty awesome. But just like a fat kid eating cake, it's going down great, but we want more.

Why him again, you ask(me, not the Fat Kid)? With the death of Lizzie, Andy has been quite busy making the last few public appearances of his life. This meant he had to cancel a few conflicting engagements, one being the World Conference of Unconvicted Sex Offenders. In his capacity as Australian Chapter President WalterBlaknWhte has had to take on more responsibility and is unable to write his usual confused crap.

So here we are. Should I go straight to the Swans hate? Yes. There are two types of Sydney supporters. The first ones are the Melbourne-based losers who are lifetime "Bloods". They love telling you that. Yeah, well, if your supporters were any good, the team would still be at the Lake Oval. And STFU about the Bloods. Your main color is white. Who came up with that brainwave for a footy team?

And you stole your theme song from Notre Dame, the Collingwood of College Football.

The second type are the Sydney-based Chardonnay set. Point-clappers who only follow in times of good. The two types have nothing in common. They are a Club Divided.

The line-ups - look em up, I ain't slotting em in here for nobody to read.

Prognostications
News just in - JC and Beau were in a car crash on the way to the airport. Beau started early on instructions to seek body contact at every opportunity.

Whilst Luke Parker gave me my non-Pie highlight of the year with his work on Dylan Shiel, I would like for RamBeau or Bruz to deliver some hard love back.

Sent Mrs Side to training yesterday. She reported back that Jamie spoke to some kids near her(because she was tagging Jamie) and promised them he would kick 5. I like the sound of that. Mrs S took a photo with Jamie and came home with a glint in her eye not seen for some time.

Who will go to Buddy? I feel obliged to put it out there that Jesinta Franklin is wonderful. Last time round Darcy went to Bud first, then Murph later on. I think this time we start Murph on him and tell him it is glove wearing time. Bud can be nice and sneaky by hanging off packs. Murph needs to play the man.

The Swans do have some decent players coming up. I cannot believe former Mad Pie James Rowbottom is playing for them. I got that little flucker a ticket to the GF replay in 2010. It is time for him to repay that favor by playing poorly against us. Hopefully Jordy will deliver some quality bullying to his younger fellow alumnus.

Speaking of Jordy, the game is on his boot. He will fire again tonight. All of the moral crusaders can go stick their persuaders into bags of busted glass.

Last time we played the Swannies, Miho played his 100th and they stole our honour. This time 'round Crispy plays his 200th and we are stealing it back, freaky camera angles and all.

The bookies say we have little chance. Fk them. I look forward to relieving Sportsbet of some of the money I have lent them.

The AFL execs are flying up in the new jet that they bought after Dickie Greenleaf signed off the TV rights. Rest assured those Cheats in Suits want us to lose. We have done everything they wanted this year by boosting crowd numbers and giving great sport. Now they want the Swans in the big show. But just like Dickie wasn't expecting an oar to the pill, Gil won't be expecting a 3 goal turn from Sunshine's Only Hyphen. it's going to happen.

2bs80rzhqh941.jpg

The Pies by 3 points. Yep, it is going to be a game for the ages. Tough to get through, but glorious in the end. We shall prevail!

Walt will be back for the GF Game Day Thread.

Well played sir.

We’ve turned the corner on our winning margins. The days of winning by less than a goal are behind us. We got bored with that.

I don’t want to sound overconfident, but we’ve got this. The team which made ‘all duck and no dinner’ famous will win by 30 points this week.

Quack quack

Nicole Richie Hair Flip GIF

We’ve turned the corner on our winning margins. The days of winning by less than a goal are behind us. We got bored with that.

I don’t want to sound overconfident, but we’ve got this. The team which made ‘all duck and no dinner’ famous will win by 30 points this week.

Quack quack

Nicole Richie Hair Flip GIF

Powerful words VP (especially so the quack quack), but it's the gif that makes your post so compelling.

I feel sick. My son has tried to talk me into sitting and watching the game arguing I will miss the euphoria if we have a brilliant close win. I told him the inevitable agony throughout the game makes me incapable of sitting calmly through the experience. I may watch the first 15 minutes before heading off for the streets.

Because I feel we are a genuine chance the nerves are far worse. I remember walking toward the G on the eve of our prelim against Geelong in 2009 feeling as flat as a tack and saying to my son and mate- "We are in a prelim and I feel like I am going to the dentist." The gut feeling was proven to be spot on. Despite a good start we were never really in it and copped a flogging. No nerves though!

I feel sick. My son has tried to talk me into sitting and watching the game arguing I will miss the euphoria if we have a brilliant close win. I told him the inevitable agony throughout the game makes me incapable of sitting calmly through the experience. I may watch the first 15 minutes before heading off for the streets.

Because I feel we are a genuine chance the nerves are far worse. I remember walking toward the G on the eve of our prelim against Geelong in 2009 feeling as flat as a tack and saying to my son and mate- "We are in a prelim and I feel like I am going to the dentist." The gut feeling was proven to be spot on. Despite a good start we were never really in it and copped a flogging. No nerves though!

I hear you. The little dance before the big one is actually very nerve wracking. I just want the game to come and go so I know the result!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is how it will run
  • Pies will jump Swans early and lead by 27 points at quarter time
  • Swans will storm back in the second to trail by 2 points
-Pies will kick 5 in the third to lead by 22 points
- Swans will get back within 4 points before two late goals see the Pies win by 16 points

Our players are gutsy. They are a kamikaze outfit of blood and guts desperados who will disembowel themselves before they commit the dishonour of giving up.

The least you can do is strap yourself down into that f****** chair and witness the glory and madness.

24047471278_e207811904_b.jpg

I was on my own at the 2009 PF, which as you know was hideous. I ‘made friends’ with a woman sitting next to me, who got drunker and drunker as that long day of hell dragged on. In the last quarter she was barely able to stand. Not one of my more enjoyable days at the footy.

Although the PF in the next year was pretty good.😍

I don't understand why you bother supporting the team. If not able to watch the game live each week, I would not have much interest in following the team. Don't understand how you can maintain such a keen interest in the club.

24 hours out and it’s that nervous excitement feeling here.
Never did I imagine being in this position at the start of the year, but as the year progressed the confidence grew and grew to just knowing last week we would win to book our place here.
It’s all before us, get the job done and destiny awaits. It’s a massive opportunity which I just know the coaching group and players will give it any almighty crack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back