C: Langford Lewis Smith
HF: Breust Roughead Hill
FF: Gunston Hale Puopolo
FOLL: Ceglar Shiels Rioli
I/C: Spangher Duryea Suckling Simpkin

just the one change, hodge in for litherland

no stratton or BIG BOY MCEVOY either

No Big Boy helps us a lot.

Surprised immensely by the inclusion of Hutchy. Thought he may have been a bit lower down the order, but well done all the same to Jack :thumbsu:

I'm loving the match ups this week. Quietly confident of getting the job done at home even :rainbow:

Big Boy still having nightmares about playing us round 1 last year. :D;)

Hutchins is a decent inclusion. 191cm and 93kg and can play forward and back. Really needs to have a good game if he wants to stay in the team though! I think he'll play forward. Good speed on the lead so can get some separation.

Big Boy still having nightmares about playing us round 1 last year. :D;)

Hutchins is a decent inclusion. 191cm and 93kg and can play forward and back. Really needs to have a good game if he wants to stay in the team though! I think he'll play forward. Good speed on the lead so can get some separation.

I actually see him coming in as the Sub Sunny_

Did this quite a few times last year (much to his displeasure I might add) and had some success with it.

He adds a little more physical pressure then Sexton would have offered and a bit more polish then you would get from Karmichael. So I guess it makes sense.

Reigning premiers still in top form, will be happy in we can stay in touch until 3/4 time, but expect the Hawks to get the job done.

Surprised on Hutchy, especially replacing Matera. But hoping they might try him as a lead up half fwd, Jack Darling style. Big Derm was saying on Foxtel he rekons we need a mobile 6'3" mobile lead up fwd to complete our list, maybe Hutchy is worth a shot? ...don't really need anymore 3rd tall style defenders?

I'm hoping we play Dixon, Day and Hutchy as the 3rd tall fwd so Thompson can go back. Didn't do much forward last week and would love to see the matchup of him v roughy

Happy to see Hutchy back in the team, and "only" Hodge back in for the Hawks. Easy to forget Hutchy played 7 of our first 9 games last year before being injured. He was in our first choice team at that stage. He still has enormous upside and is very quick for a player of his size.
Our best hope is to hit them with everything we have, put as much pressure on their ball carrier as possible, stick to them like glue when we don't have the ball and run/spread like hell when we have it, then make the most of our opportunities up forward. We have the speed to trouble them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His only issue IMO is his disposal by foot. Really needs to get tidied up as he can turn the ball over like few others on the list can. And that's double trouble facing the Hawks.

Perhaps it won't be as noticeable if he plays up forward rather than down back.

Reigning premiers still in top form, will be happy in we can stay in touch until 3/4 time, but expect the Hawks to get the job done.

Surprised on Hutchy, especially replacing Matera. But hoping they might try him as a lead up half fwd, Jack Darling style. Big Derm was saying on Foxtel he rekons we need a mobile 6'3" mobile lead up fwd to complete our list, maybe Hutchy is worth a shot? ...don't really need anymore 3rd tall style defenders?
A Lynch was also saying on a Fox that it was great that "Sam May" was cleared this week. I think that says it all about what Fox Footy knows about our list

Hear me out here but I think our pressure in the middle may expose the Hawks, I would be very interested how they react if we were to get on top early

Agree. Hoping for a bit of a boilover to be honest. A signal to the AFL world that the SUNS have arrived

I watched last weekends magoos game and thought hunt was clearly the best player out there for the suns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was good in the Southport game that SUNS and I watched as well, bit shocked he ins't in actually as ha has been playing as a small to mid sized forward

He was good in the Southport game that SUNS and I watched as well, bit shocked he ins't in actually as ha has been playing as a small to mid sized forward

Do you get that feeling that players who are committed to the club are getting games in front of him.

He looks in the best form he has been in so far at the SUNS. Streets ahead of Hutchins

Do you get that feeling that players who are committed to the club are getting games in front of him.

He looks in the best form he has been in so far at the SUNS. Streets ahead of Hutchins

Who knows, I hope that's not the case. Plus if he could repeat the NEAFL form in the seniors then he may have a spot in our premiership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back