The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

* Ben Williams the cheating campaigner!!
Our equalizer was a big * you to him!!
FFA should drop his ass next week.

Elrich was very very silly, especially already on a yellow card and Behich was always going to milk it. First pen was outside the box IMO and then he lost total control. Absolutely no consistency either, the Heart players were on the lip all night and should have been down a man too. But theyre a pathetic club and their performance after half time showed why they've never won anything.

As for our game, we were poor with 11 men after our goal and on balance they deserved an equaliser albeit not in that fashion. Second goal was sloppy and we were only in it due to Boogs last line defending and Euge actually saving a pen. After HT we were so much better and the crowd got involved more and should have pinched it. If Osama Malik isnt in the squad for Brazil theres something very wrong and Awer Mabil and Brucey were very very special in that last 10. Props to Elsey too, kept the diver and then Rambo very quiet.

Shattered for Marrone, was playing himself back into great nick and to get that bad an injury sucks. So to Newcastle without our 2 right backs, hope JMac is fit

....and had we won we would be in 2nd place. :(
* you Ben Williams :mad::mad::mad:

Although we still have a chance to snatch 2nd.

Last round fixtures of importance:

Newcastle v Adelaide
Brisbane v CCM
Melb.Heart v WSW
Wellington v MV

Table

2. WSW - 39
3. CCM - 39
4. Adel - 38
5. MV - 38

Now if we win then we wouldn't have to worry about the Wellington-Victory game since we have a better GD than MV!
I'm confident Brisbane will beat CCM at home!
Melbourne Heart have shown be good at home this year, so I wouldn't count out a draw or even a MH win!!

The race for 2nd is not over!!
COYR!!!!

Yep still well and truly in it. Have to really hope Heart can repeat their performance and get a draw or win at home. Lost to CCM at home recently though so maybe their form is starting to shake a bit.

If we can beat the Jets on Friday then I think we are 60-40 to finish 2nd, can't see the Mariners winning in Brisbane but Wanderers vs Heart is a bit of a concern but I think Heart can win/draw. If we do draw, then would need a fair bit of luck in Brisbane beating the Mariners, Heart beating WSW and then Phoenix to take points of Melbourne. The Melbourne Heart fixtures this year have been so costly :( 3 draws, at least one of them we should've won. Ahh well, at a minimum though we need to finish 3rd :thumbsu: Can't see us losing to Sydney at home (who I would say we will play although Melbourne is also likely)

Loss will be devastating. Could end up in 6th and if we win that final we would have to travel to Brisbane

We have won there this season though (look at the positives haha), I seriously reckon that it just depends on how we perform on the day/night and the way out opponents play is irrelevant because at our best we will beat anyone. In saying that our defence needs to stand up as well, Marrone gone is a pretty big loss :( the point he went off was when momentum turned on Friday. Elsey though is a reasonable replacement if he is Gombau's choice to replace him, also no Elrich for Friday night :rolleyes: I assume he only misses the one

Josep Gombau will coach the A League AllStars.

Some people on here who wanted him gone after 6 weeks look VERY VERY stupid now.

Me included, I now know patience is the key haha. He seemed like a sham early on saying how well we were playing despite not going forward or looking like scoring etc. The fact the players seemed with him all along though was pleasing and it has now become evident why they were.

I was one of those v critical of Gombau after first 6 weeks. I do however think that he slightly altered his philosophy and style when playing out at the back. In the first 6 weeks it was suicidal the way we tried to pass out of the back on every occasion starting with the keeper. Now it does still happen, but when under pressure, we do clear the ball away and do not give up possession like we did so often early on.

All credit to him for sticking to his guns and the player shave clearly bought in and love the guy.

Will he be the man to finally deliver us a championship? I think so.

I can proclaim I was on from the beginning, his passion for the game and his style are second to none and the players love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In - Ryan Kitto (Promoted), Cam Watson (Promoted), Daniel Bowles (Promoted).

Out - Tarek Elrich (Suspended - 2 weeks)

C'mon United! 2nd place is still possible.
Also I'd like to add that I hope Mabil starts this week. Last week he showed how good of a player he is.

Bowles is the most like for like but reckon itll be Watson. As for Awer starting, who do he replace ?? He and Jrro to continue as super super subs for mine

Mabil is dynamite off the bench and his cameo last week was great.

I think we will beat Newcastle tonight (and the reds are in my multi so i hope they do even more fo rmy sake). 3 dollars is a good bet on a side that is playing good football, but betting on A Leaue is fraught with danger.

Bowles is the most like for like but reckon itll be Watson. As for Awer starting, who do he replace ?? He and Jrro to continue as super super subs for mine
True...I should have used my head before posting. He should definitely not replace Fabio.

If you can't finish you dont deserve to win. Was shades of earlier in the season really. Mind you our best is more than good enough to win anywhere and with 3 sides playing ACL we should be confident

Thanks guys opens the door for us to finish second, not that I'm confident we'll get the win tomorrow. still an opportunity is an opportunity.

Tough trip over the ditch, i'm just gonna say 5-0 will be the score either way, who wins is up to you :p

Another note, how does everyone want the ladder to finish up? I want Brisbane, CCM, WSW, AU, MV and Sydney, likely that it won't end up that way Sydney should win and MV will probably get a point, in which case i'd like Brisbane, WSW, CCM, Sydney, MV, AU. Unbelievable I reckon that Sydney are even in there, but I guess they aren't as bad as their supporters make out. CCM away is still very tough but their ACL schedule works in our favour and our record against them this season has been pretty good. Avoid Melbourne at all costs in my eyes, doubt we will ever beat them in a final haha.

If we do have to play the victory away next week, then at least we won't have to play at 'Deadihad', as next Friday is Good Friday, & that ground will be used for AFL games on both Saturday & Sunday.

If we do have to play the victory away next week, then at least we won't have to play at 'Deadihad', as next Friday is Good Friday, & that ground will be used for AFL games on both Saturday & Sunday.

Apparently a final will be played on good friday :rolleyes: And good sunday for that matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back