2nds 2014 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Michael plays. 2-3 decent games in the reserves could see him get his spot back in the seniors with Leuenberger unavailable.

I'm hitting the coast today fellers so I won't be able to see Tairy get caught up doing something else and eventually not arrive at all like the last time he said he was coming to the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up by 4 goals late in the last according to Aspleys twitter account.

Dear god, Polks got 4 goals to be the leading goal scorer. He might be coming in.

Goal Kickers: J. Polkinghorne 4, C. Stevenson 2, J. Freeman 2, M. Close 2, S. Michael , R. Harwood , C. Wagner , D. McStay , A. Raines
Best Players: A. Raines, J. Polkinghorne, Z. O''Brien, R. Harwood, I. Conway

Watched from start to finish...I thought a very well-balanced performance from all, Aspley were pretty average in all fairness and they now sit 1-3 which I don't think anyone would have predicted. O'Brien was sensational all day and I think its time to elevate him. His ball use is actually very good and his composure in traffic definitely set him apart. Crisp was good on the inside and while he didn't have a massive influence I thought his in-and-under work was good considering he hasn't really played that role in the seniors. Sam Michael was probably the best of the talls but Archie certainly wasn't far behind, he is starting to look comfortable and I think its not a far cry to see him in the ones by at least next season. He nearly kicked a brilliant running goal but it was just touched on the line. Definitely a sign of things to come! Close took some good grabs but probably didn't have the influence I would have liked. Harwood and Raines were honourable mentions.

Watson and Cameron-Reeves were the pick of the bunch top ups wise, both looked like listed players and certainly out-performed the likes of Conway I thought, Uebergang again showed some signs he could make it at the top level, very mature body aswell when you see him in person.

Thought Close and Michael played okay. Goose played back today which in itself is interesting given Patfulls form in the seniors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched from start to finish...I thought a very well-balanced performance from all, Aspley were pretty average in all fairness and they now sit 1-3 which I don't think anyone would have predicted. O'Brien was sensational all day and I think its time to elevate him. His ball use is actually very good and his composure in traffic definitely set him apart. Crisp was good on the inside and while he didn't have a massive influence I thought his in-and-under work was good considering he hasn't really played that role in the seniors. Sam Michael was probably the best of the talls but Archie certainly wasn't far behind, he is starting to look comfortable and I think its not a far cry to see him in the ones by at least next season. He nearly kicked a brilliant running goal but it was just touched on the line. Definitely a sign of things to come! Close took some good grabs but probably didn't have the influence I would have liked. Harwood and Raines were honourable mentions.

Watson and Cameron-Reeves were the pick of the bunch top ups wise, both looked like listed players and certainly out-performed the likes of Conway I thought, Uebergang again showed some signs he could make it at the top level, very mature body aswell when you see him in person.
What role is Raines playing, is it a tagging role?

and do u want polinghorne in the senior team? I remember what he was like last year and the year before, he would add nothing that the young guys wouldnt and he also gives the ball back a lot of times.
If he's in form in the reserves, then yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back