Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 20th April @ Etihad 4.40PM - Team post #541

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah mods, re our conversation on the clique, Exhibit A with your likers.
They can always be relied upon to circle the wagons.

What are you talking about? You start with another unprovoked shot at over zealous mods, made a claim about being attacked and having a shot at one of our favourites, and then this ...

Just because you think something doesn't make it so. I didn't see attacks, and I am now starting to think that the mod favourites must be anybody that disagrees with you.

Which likers are exhibit A? BIGGUS 64 who liked etsal1's post or BlueJet, Jimsta10, Immortal Tyrant, Sin City and etsal1 who liked HARKER's post responding to etsal1?

They seem like a fair mixture of prolific and occasional, serious and laconic, new and old. Odd clique if they are but there are certainly no mods in that clique.

These accusations are getting us nowhere.

Last edited:
I've driven down from Sydney, can someone answer whether the club will be selling merchandise at the game? Wasn't sure seen as its an away game.

Also sucks I can't use my interstate membership because it's not a home game :(

They always sell merch in a van outside the ground and at the store inside. Glad to hear you made it down!

What are you talking about? You start with another unprovoked shot at over zealous mods, made a claim about being attacked and having a shot at one of our favourites, and then this ...

Just because you think something doesn't make it so. I didn't see attacks, and I am now starting to think that the mod favourites must be anybody that disagrees with you.

Which likers are exhibit A? BIGGUS 64 who liked etsal1's post or BlueJet, Jimsta10, Immortal Tyrant, Sin City and etsal1 who liked HARKER's post responding to etsal1?

They seem like a fair mixture of prolific and occasional, serious and laconic, new and old. Odd clique if they are but there are certainly no mods in that clique.

These accusations are getting us nowhere.

It's been tough.

On all of us.

Its been the longest period in Carltons 150 years between sips at the silver chalice - poisoned or venomous or not.

And I guess its also the first time we have had to think out what it feels like to be the sort of team we had never been before. Losers.

And Micks references to the great Irishmen may have had some resonance intended for the thinking of the fans.
Men are judged when the chips are down - or some such art of war.

Either way he is right. Lets remember who we are as a club, as supporters. We come across to others as reactionary and easy fixers. We are not.

We have gone through the longest period of pain almost any team has gone through - and we are still punching.

Lets not punch each other.

We will be back. That much - every, single, Blues supporter knows.

We will come back.

Either way he is right.

Not about what I addressed he isn't. There are no mod sanctioned cliques on the board and there is no need for pre-emptive strikes relating to over zealous mods. I didn't even begin to look at anything relevant and on topic he was saying.

I've driven down from Sydney, can someone answer whether the club will be selling merchandise at the game? Wasn't sure seen as its an away game.

Also sucks I can't use my interstate membership because it's not a home game :(

Good onya Jatz
There's always a merchandise van set up on the bridge that crosses the railway lines at Southern Cross Station.

Not about what I addressed he isn't. There are no mod sanctioned cliques on the board and there is no need for pre-emptive strikes relating to over zealous mods. I didn't even begin to look at anything relevant and on topic he was saying.

Selective - and absolutely true.

To be honest I didn't look into the discussion - was just trying to say how awesome it is to have such great people around who have been through so much and how important it is that they continue the good work they do.

Especially when there is so much disparaging conversation, combined with disheartening progress and in that vein (? vane?) bring us back to what matters.

In my own special way. Special waaaaaay. Special way....sorry.

8 1/2 years on BF (6 1/2 as a Mod) & I still haven't been invited to join a clique. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Still have the taint of mod ego on you, and they possibly think you are a narc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

th

not sure where to go from here......

In protest for being excluded from the clique, I might start a cabal.

In before somebody says that mods turn a blind eye to cabals on the board.

This clique is like the lock ness monster or bigfoot. Some claim to have witnessed it but when pressed for real evidence they always seem to come up short.

I've actually located the Clique. It was difficult but I did it. I'll sell you the details for the low low price of $99.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back