Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 20th April @ Etihad 4.40PM - Team post #541

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and happy long weekend to everyone else too :)

I have a good feeling about today. Have woken up refreshed, the weather here in Adelaide is perfect, I nailed my morning coffee and I even have a plan to distract myself from the worry of going 0-5 until the game starts :D Everything is coming up ShanDog!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and happy long weekend to everyone else too :)

I have a good feeling about today. Have woken up refreshed, the weather here in Adelaide is perfect, I nailed my morning coffee and I even have a plan to distract myself from the worry of going 0-5 until the game starts :D Everything is coming up ShanDog!
Good call S-Dog, I am feeling a little more positive this morning. Perhaps the likelihood of the great man returning this afternoon. GO BLUES.

I would prefer Garlett stays in the VFL for the rest of the year and is traded/delisted at season's end.

Refuses to put his body on the line. So what if he's skinny? You can still put your body in line with the ball instead of sidestepping and putting a tentative hand in. Other teams are well aware of weaknesses such as these and it gives them a mental edge before the game even starts.

Added to that, Garlett has become a total choker in front of goal.

Very much hoping for a manic start from the boys today - everyone cracking in like a madman. This season may be well and truly shot but the foundations of a good team can still be laid.

I would prefer Garlett stays in the VFL for the rest of the year and is traded/delisted at season's end.

Garlett seems to go, Good Year, Bad Year.
Hope he has a bad half year and then a good half year, just to mix things up a bit.
The guy can play and can be as manic as anyone around the ball...........he's just not connected for now.

Just not sure of how we're going to go in with Judd.
He did have a fair fitness base going into the year but with an injury like he had, you'd imagine him being somewhat cautious going into this game.

Would be good to see Bell use the power he showed last week.
He should be scaring a few of the Dogs' kids.

Refuses to put his body on the line. So what if he's skinny? You can still put your body in line with the ball instead of sidestepping and putting a tentative hand in. Other teams are well aware of weaknesses such as these and it gives them a mental edge before the game even starts.

Added to that, Garlett has become a total choker in front of goal.

Jeffy never used to be like this - using his speed to apply forward pressure was his thing. He seems to have completely lost his mojo for some reason.

Jeffy never used to be like this - using his speed to apply forward pressure was his thing. He seems to have completely lost his mojo for some reason.
In the past he has been outstanding with his chasing/tackling but he has very rarely run in a straight line at the ball. Anyway I think it's clear that he is going to require a massive turnaround in form/attitude to stay at Carlton next year, a new club is probably just what he needs as he is a very talented player when right.

Ahh, I hate that!
I always end up feeling such a poor host, when I have guests over on a footy day!

Yeh, put on the brave face, a friend
Is a saints supporter so there'll be gloating (not too much or they'll get a small serve ;))

He was great in the final laster year an horribly out of form, lets face it he ain't Robinson Crusoe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One person's "board bonding" could be another person's "clique building".

To allow mindless but good natured banter to break out is not clique building. We don't even look at who the participants are. The two examples you quoted are different in nature. when you look at people interacting in such a manner, do you ever notice that some are different in terms of longevity or that some usually don't interact with each other in such a way. It's a stretch to surmise it's mod condoned clique building at play.

No, it didn't.

Once posters start addressing a posters style or history instead of their argument, them it is getting personal. I never said abuse.

A comment I made was misinterpreted by several posters, I addressed those misinterpretations, and as you point out, the last clarification was my last comment on the matter ... ergo, end of escalation. Regardless, the conversation was completely on-topic, unlike miriad posts in countless threads which don't attract the same response.

The points were made, not taken on board and were being re-made. Instead of discussing the Essendon game, match ups and tactics, discussion had narrowed to posters protecting one favorite player over another. I'd say the.topic was losing its way.

One can but wonder whether you, MSR, HBF, Thy, Chism, Jeremias, Zee, Wook, MEB, Dram, etc etc would trigger the same response in similar circumstances.

Is this the clique?

You've picked out 5 current or relatively recent former mods here. However I can assure you that Aph has deleted. Many of my posts in moments of frivolity where the topic had.all but gone. She's also posted back on topic to whoever was involved. The non mods might want to tell you if they have ever been moderated bu us. I can see at least 2 that have received some kind of whack from us and more that I have had some vigorous debate with. They'd be surprised to know they were in a clique. Thing is they get on with it, accept that they are going to clash with mods now and then and don't take it to heart.

Unless a poster is especially resilient in making themselves known, most are user names on a screen and I take them as I find them.

But whatever ODN, I'm really not looking to argue about it. My post was an attempt to point out how some (especially infrequent) posters might get the impression of different rules for different folks. You guys can take the feedback on board (pardon the pun) or not ...

And I attempted to explain and offer context to these perceptions as to not do so would confirm the contentions or give the impression we don't care about it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Garlett is very talented, skilled and vey quick, but he has such a light body frame for footy, obviously his form and output will fluctuate.
He needs support in a well functioning forward line, not the shambles we have at the moment.
I hope we don't trade Jeff he is special.
Ciao

Just sent this to a few of my Carlton mates.

And on this holy day, let us join hands and pray. We pray that the messiah shall rise and deliver salvation. He has rehabbed for our sins. In the name of the father and son draft picks and the unholy ghost of fev. Through immaculate possessions our prayers shall be answered. Praise be our saviour, christ(opher Judd). And let us say, Amen.

I'm not in any bloody clique!! I just wanna talk about footy.

P.s we're going to win today.

Given the relatively small amount of time you have been here, you have either done well to be invited into the clique .... or posters take you as they find you because of your demeanor and efforts to fit in.

I bet you have had posts deleted though even if you never noticed.

Garlett is very talented, skilled and vey quick, but he has such a light body frame for footy, obviously his form and output will fluctuate.
He needs support in a well functioning forward line, not the shambles we have at the moment.
I hope we don't trade Jeff he is special.
Ciao

He like others is finding it hard to not play on instinct I think. When faced with two options, he is doing neither. They have to keep working away at the game plan. Mick isnt changing it and the sooner they are on board, the sooner the results will come. I think he realized how much heat Eddie was taking off him.

Given the relatively small amount of time you have been here, you have either done well to be invited into the clique .... or posters take you as they find you because of your demeanor and efforts to fit in.

I bet you have had posts deleted though even if you never noticed.

Probably have, but that's life. I don't have the energy to waste it on getting het up with others not agreeing with me. Life's too short.

We'll smash this mob today, the Judd factor is enormous, he's the extractor and great creative play maker we need. Thomas, Gibbs and Murphy will put in rippers. I'm expecting big gamers from Waite and Yarren too.
What a buzz for the lads Crispps and Buckely hope the kids do well too.
Let's see how we go next two games though, that will the real test.
Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back