Review AFL Round 5 - Geelong defeat Hawthorn by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played. Better all day.

Thought some of the potshotting on the main board was a tad unnecessary but I suppose it goes both ways.

Hawkins looked ominous all day, would have been licking his lips after seeing the team sheets.

Will be good to see us go head to head both at full strength later in the year.

Enjoy the win. Too good today :thumbsu:

EAT s**t HAWKS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can not wait for Mots and Bundy to come back.
Taylor Hunt was shithouse again today, cost us 3 goals then I gave up counting.
What do people think of Burbs? Stay in the side or back to the 2's?

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on today's win. The Cat's were far too good for us and did what top sides do and that's hurt you on the rebound when you make mistakes and today we paid for it. I thought McIntosh played his best game for Geelong and dominated in the ruck and even up forward and Hawkins and Johnson were both superb. Well done on the win. :thumbsu:

So proud of the side. Having to sub off Mackie, and it was ominous when we had that early forward foray and we saw Hmac, Simpson and Hawkins all scrambling for a ground ball, but what an awesome effort by all the players. Led from the front by Selwood, Hawkins (Walker?) Stevie J and Harry Taylor in the last quarter, i'm just thrilled. What a massive win, what an effort!

Congratulations on today's win. The Cat's were far too good for us and did what top sides do and that's hurt you on the rebound when you make mistakes and today we paid for it. I thought McIntosh played his best game for Geelong and dominated in the ruck and even up forward and Hawkins and Johnson were both superb. Well done on the win. :thumbsu:
You guys had us very worried with better conversion from your entries than we were getting- and we assumed your boys would be running out the game better. Glad it was us, this time :)

I'm sitting here in my silent solitude, eyes moist with emotion, not quite grasping what has actually happened today. I get the glorious reality of the result, but the logic of it utterly beggars belief.

Oh WTF, "We are Geelong, The Greatest Team of all. We are Geelong ...... ".

BTW MowShow: all due respect for your humility & integrity. You are like a number of mates for follow Hawthorn: sheer class the lot of them (the emails are staring to come in saying pretty much would you did). A classic rivalry requires two equally great teams (well it did, the last time I looked).

:D

Most gracious of you! Thank you :) It was such a tough contest, Hawks made us work so hard to earn the win :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back