Review AFL Round 5 - Geelong defeat Hawthorn by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked how we shut down the Hawks space, stopping them using that pinpoint passing they use. I think they exposed some of the young hawks players aren't so good defensively. Gunston is a terrific player though. Pity, the umpies tried to gift Hawthorn goals with soft frees in front.

Tbone had a big game, and it was a pleasure to watch. A scrappy kind of game, but we'll take the 4 points, no probs. Bartel played a great game, as did Rivers, Duncan, McIntosh, & Enright. Some of young players were a bit fumbly and sloppy at times, but they'll learn a lot from playing in games like that, and down the road they will be very good.

Guess what, the media can't ignore us this week can they. Go Cats!

Cheers for that, but then you are having a pot shot about the pot shots on the main board...
Wouldn't call it a pot shot. Just thought a bit of the focus was taken from a solid four quarter effort from your men (not necessarily Cats supporters).

Anyway, enough of this! Lets not detract from a good game of footy and a solid win.

Im out! Congrats.

Only reason Hawkins played well was because he played on Cheney.
Come on, BM- the Hawk was hot today. Lake couldn't have stopped those leads and the kicks to him were pretty much spot on, for the most part.
I'd have liked him to have kicked 7 but, alas, that might just be a little greedy. Happy with the win and absolutely ecstatic to see him back in form a la 2011/12

Dermie talking about Johnson's kicking action in that last goal and saying both feet came off the ground. He should know that's how Chappy kicks though them.
Dermie doesn't know Poo!

image.png
My new Fb profile pic!

Wouldn't call it a pot shot. Just thought a bit of the focus was taken from a solid four quarter effort from your men (not necessarily Cats supporters).

Anyway, enough of this! Lets not detract from a good game of footy and a solid win.

Im out! Congrats.
Right apologies! We've got at least another two games this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EAT s**t HAWKS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can not wait for Mots and Bundy to come back.
Taylor Hunt was shithouse again today, cost us 3 goals then I gave up counting.
What do people think of Burbs? Stay in the side or back to the 2's?
Burbs needs to hold more marks he drops to many easy ones

Sent from my HTC_ONE using Tapatalk

And a massive big f you to bleach head Dermie... at half time he said
'The cats are playing almost at their best, hawthorn are actually playing badly'

How's about a bit of respect you biased c**t! Hawthorn played as well as we allowed them to play

Our forward pressure was simply immense and their back 6 coughed the ball up like they were playing for Melbourne. We should have won by more.. we will hear blah blah Lake... I'd happily see Lake and raise you Mots, Caddy, Bundy

Son of God was spot on during the week

I'm starting to believe

Thanks for that, if the young guy turns out half as good as his Grandfather he'll be a great player for Geelong.
He's been playing in the VFL- shows a lot of effort, has a super tank, but struggles on the big stage to grab those marks and kick straight. Still, he's just a young chap and seems determined to bust a gut to get into the seniors. I hope he makes it.

Imagine if Selwood played his normal game, imagine if Caddy was bulldozing.
Duncan played the Selwood role today.
H-Mac just repaid back 2013.
Walker played his best game since joining the Cats and Hawkins was pretty good too.
No need for us to imagine any 'ifs'! We did it + those last goals were icing on the cake!

You guys had us very worried with better conversion from your entries than we were getting- and we assumed your boys would be running out the game better. Glad it was us, this time :)

Even if we did kick a few of those missed chances, don't think that would of made that much of a difference. The score line flattered us. The Cats were much better and we never had any momentum. We probably should have lost by more.

Anyway, the Cats are the real deal in my opinion. Still some good youngsters to come back into the side, plenty of improvement left this year and Hamish McIntosh could be the difference for Geelong later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back