Review AFL Round 5 - Geelong defeat Hawthorn by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

post game show...it's about Hawthorn o_O

Why they didn't do this, why they didn't do that, why they couldn't play their own game, why didn't Lake play!

Beaten by a team who finally have healthy ruck stocks, a fit Hawkins and some potential young stars in the making.
Interviewing Hawkins, Rivers, Selwood- there's some good Cats stuff as well.

Really liked how we shut down the Hawks space, stopping them using that pinpoint passing they use. I think they exposed some of the young hawks players aren't so good defensively. Gunston is a terrific player though. Pity, the umpies tried to gift Hawthorn goals with soft frees in front.

Tbone had a big game, and it was a pleasure to watch. A scrappy kind of game, but we'll take the 4 points, no probs. Bartel played a great game, as did Rivers, Duncan, McIntosh, & Enright. Some of young players were a bit fumbly and sloppy at times, but they'll learn a lot from playing in games like that, and down the road they will be very good.

Guess what, the media can't ignore us this week can they. Go Cats!
Damn- guess nobody's gonna slip under the radar now :(
Talking about Burbury taking Gibson out of the contest with Hawkins being a big plus for our forwards.

EAT s**t HAWKS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can not wait for Mots and Bundy to come back.
Taylor Hunt was shithouse again today, cost us 3 goals then I gave up counting.
What do people think of Burbs? Stay in the side or back to the 2's?

I think Burbs was average around goal but he was good up the ground. I think he is a high half forward who is great on the lead and is great at turning his opponent around if the ball goes over the back. Watch some VFL highlights of him and he gets a lot of his goals running back towards goals rather that snapping and sneaking goals. In my opinion (not so qualified) he is not a 1st class crumber, but we have limited options atm. Mots and Bundy will change this and change Georges role later in the year??

post game show...it's about Hawthorn o_O

Why they didn't do this, why they didn't do that, why they couldn't play their own game, why didn't Lake play!

Beaten by a team who finally have healthy ruck stocks, a fit Hawkins and some potential young stars in the making.
A good team do they mean? :eek: :p :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we did kick a few of those missed chances, don't think that would of made that much of a difference. The score line flattered us. The Cats were much better and we never had any momentum. We probably should have lost by more.

Anyway, the Cats are the real deal in my opinion. Still some good youngsters to come back into the side, plenty of improvement left this year and Hamish McIntosh could be the difference for Geelong later in the year.
Andy D must think thank damn for our games. All other teams are just crap to watch. (Except for maybe Port at the moment.)
80,000 today. We're saving footy a bit at the moment.

Even if we did kick a few of those missed chances, don't think that would of made that much of a difference. The score line flattered us. The Cats were much better and we never had any momentum. We probably should have lost by more.

Anyway, the Cats are the real deal in my opinion. Still some good youngsters to come back into the side, plenty of improvement left this year and Hamish McIntosh could be the difference for Geelong later in the year.
Again, very gracious of you! Both teams kicked too many behinds! Great contest!

Positives:

Moving Bartel to a high half forward role.

Hawkins superb.

Duncan continues to make me look foolish after last years comments. (I've already admitted I was wrong)

Rivers. This bloke is underrated on this board, an exceptional game.

HMac. Wow, wasn't outstanding, but boy he gives us that tall/ruckman presence we lacked last season. A huge difference.

My prediction about similarities to the 2011 game plan. Pressured the ball carrier, worked for each other and were ferocious at the ball.

Negatives:

Negative supporters. Some players are still young and they'll learn and gain valuable experience from this match.

Great input. Gives you guys a better name than most posters do.

Positives:

Moving Bartel to a high half forward role.

Hawkins superb.

Duncan continues to make me look foolish after last years comments. (I've already admitted I was wrong)

Rivers. This bloke is underrated on this board, an exceptional game.

HMac. Wow, wasn't outstanding, but boy he gives us that tall/ruckman presence we lacked last season. A huge difference.

My prediction about similarities to the 2011 game plan. Pressured the ball carrier, worked for each other and were ferocious at the ball.

Negatives:

Negative supporters. Some players are still young and they'll learn and gain valuable experience from this match.

Spot on mate.
All of it.

Andy D must think thank damn for our games. All other teams are just crap to watch. (Except for maybe Port at the moment.)
80,000 today. We're saving footy a bit at the moment.
Don't let Eddie hear you!!! :eek: :p :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back