Can anything be done about Bruce?

Remove this Banner Ad

David Koch more than cancels that out.

Nah..the trick is to keep your focus on Sam's beautiful features at all times. Kochie's big bald ugly head is always there, but with practice (it takes time)..one can almost block out the deformed creature that is D.K

He has some good and bad moments - personally don't mind Bruce that much. There is far worse out there :drunk:

Probably more of an indictment on the general quality of the media and journalism covering the sport today.

Times like this you wish there were 2 free to air networks broadcasting games. A bit of competition to try and push them both along and keep each other honest. When you're the only show in town (outside of pay tv), people can like it or lump it.

Seriously, I'd pay $100 a year to have the option to 'mute' the commentary but retain the sound of the game, crowd etc. I could possibly put up with the pre-game drivel with the useless banter and constant clips of players sitting, looking at the camera and spinning a footy, but as soon as the first siren sounds, mute ffs!! Who's with me?!?!?!

Foxtel should have an option to change the audio track to one of the radio commentaries, have all options available. Many people requested this at the start of 2012 when the new Fox Footy began in a thread created by Rhett Bartlett (son of kevin) from Fox Footy. Unfortunatly they didn't take up the suggestion.

The mighty press red button. One of the options is just have crowd noise on audio or umpires mic (but who would do that) Other options like highlights from any time and scores from around the grounds made it pretty impressive coverage back then.

Also you could choose to stick with one camer angle, so could keep a wide view from the wing position.

If we have to do something about Bruce..doesn't that mean we're also going to have to do something about:

Dwayne, BT, Rompingwins, Dermott, Tony Shaw, Eddie, Frawley, Lynch, Mooney, Darcy and pretty much every other commentator bar a few? Because they're all terrible.

Commentary for Australian sport is laughable.

Bruce and his gushing is the work of Satan. At least with BT, etc, you can tune out because it's constant volume but Bruce talks along normally until Cyril (or insert name here, always one of the hyped players) goes near it and all of a sudden he becomes louder and gushier and therefore more noticeable. I cannot stand the man.

I cringed every time he referred to Puopolo as 'Poppy' on Monday. Pretty sure Channel 7 are trolling us with their selection of commentators.

2ynpapk.gif

I cringed every time he referred to Puopolo as 'Poppy' on Monday. Pretty sure Channel 7 are trolling us with their selection of commentators.

2ynpapk.gif

Jesus H Christ...I forgot about that clip...makes me want to slay him with a machete even more.

Foxtel should have an option to change the audio track to one of the radio commentaries, have all options available. Many people requested this at the start of 2012 when the new Fox Footy began in a thread created by Rhett Bartlett (son of kevin) from Fox Footy. Unfortunatly they didn't take up the suggestion.

I want no commentary at all...just crowd noise. That would be bliss.

I watched Behind The Candelabra last week and every time I visit this thread I'm reminded of Liberace standing in his bathroom without his toupee.

Does Bruce wear a piece?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Behind The Candelabra last week and every time I visit this thread I'm reminded of Liberace standing in his bathroom without his toupee.

Does Bruce wear a piece?

Yes, on his weener.

I like Bruce's enthusiasm. He really loves his footy.

I don't know about you guys but I miss Clinton Grybus' commentary. He was a level above anyone else in my opinion.

Used to hate Commeti's calling when he started trying to hard to make his jokes and believed his own hype, but to his credit this year I've only heard him calling well, calling the game and not going off on tangents, full passages of play can go by with Bruce talking about * knows what, when someone is lining up for goal he finally calls the set shot with 4 rhetorical questions thrown in and then during the replay, goes back to the tangent.

The replay should be an analytical look of how the team got the goal, not an "oh well that's done time to finish my story"

So bad!

I don't know where he gets off calling players s**t like "uncle Pauly" and "poppy". Completely unprofessional, like he knows them personally.

I'm sure it's some highly paid TV exec gladhand's idea to;

1) Make the commentators seem more matey with the players and relatable to the audience and

2) Make the players seem more relatable to the audience

Like so many things with the AFL it is ******* amateur and is starting to make our entire competition look like the provincial backwater it is.

Well for the Hawthorn/ Geelong game, faced with the choice of Bruce or someone else, I had the radio on and although there was a delay, that delay was preferable to bruce.

Well for the Hawthorn/ Geelong game, faced with the choice of Bruce or someone else, I had the radio on and although there was a delay, that delay was preferable to bruce.

Delay is no good. No good at all. Even a fraction of a second out. There's no escape.

It's Bruce or silence #### it..

I don't know where he gets off calling players s**t like "uncle Pauly" and "poppy". Completely unprofessional, like he knows them personally.
I don't like that much either, it seem's like a lot of radio style calling has edged its way into tv the last few years. Sandy has picked it up from radio now too and does it more than he used too. Perhaps it started years ago with Rex Hunt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back