Can anything be done about Bruce?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, I'd pay $100 a year to have the option to 'mute' the commentary but retain the sound of the game, crowd etc. I could possibly put up with the pre-game drivel with the useless banter and constant clips of players sitting, looking at the camera and spinning a footy, but as soon as the first siren sounds, mute ffs!! Who's with me?!?!?!

Seriously, I'd pay $100 a year to have the option to 'mute' the commentary but retain the sound of the game, crowd etc. I could possibly put up with the pre-game drivel with the useless banter and constant clips of players sitting, looking at the camera and spinning a footy, but as soon as the first siren sounds, mute ffs!! Who's with me?!?!?!
Should have the option to stick to "grass roots commentary" which essentially they use to find the next crop of decent commentators.
Treat it as a reality show, that way 7 might get on board!

Should have the option to stick to "grass roots commentary" which essentially they use to find the next crop of decent commentators.
Great idea - isn't digital TV capable of multiple audio streams right now? Seven could give us (a) morons spouting drivel, (b) 'grass roots' actual commentators, and (c) crowd and game sounds only as alternative options.

About a decade ago I think Fox Footy actually had that option.

The mighty press red button. One of the options is just have crowd noise on audio or umpires mic (but who would do that) Other options like highlights from any time and scores from around the grounds made it pretty impressive coverage back then.

The problem is you have a lot of ex footy players in the commentary now who arent really the most eloquent or intelligent people on the planet, trying to have a conversation about a sporting event. While they may have some good inside knowledge of the game, they lack a lot of the required skills to get that across with something other than "just so brave-I love the way they go about it', "oh bow, wowee' and "put out the dukes and clunks a mark" etc.
Bruce, who is a small man by stature and appears to like "the big boys", now gets caught up with the mutual "mate" fest that now inhabits the commentary box, and so in order to appear cool, he has adopted some of thier stupidity. Bruce has always been a tad homo-erotic with his commentary, but now he is adopting terms beneath him such as "big boy McEvoy' which is one of the most cringeworthy terms for describing someone ive ever heard. Cometti used to be great, but since his "cometti-isms" came to light and gained notoriety, he seems too focused on trying to fit in his one liners.

Go back to calling the game as it is, simple, no embellishments, and let the spectacle speak for itself.

Last edited:
Just wondering. Obviously I didn't enjoy my afternoon today, but thought I'd just pop onto afl.com.au and check the highlights, and it's even worse than just losing, when you have to listen to that ****. Does anyone have the impression that Channel 7 actually think he's a good commentator, even though as far as I can tell, every self-respecting footy fan just wants the guy to SHUT THE GODDAM ******* HELL UP. Christ. What an utter knob. And on top of that, because he's the voice-over, generations to come will have to suffer too. The ****. Please 7 for love of god.

Not only this, he is a blatant racist.

He's got a very specific stereotype penned in for the word Magic. We all know what he means when he says it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel so much better about myself knowing I'm not the only one who wants Bruce eliminated.

Lets band together with our pitchforks, march on ch7 and demand he be released to the mob for torture sessions.

Great work.
Now we just have to get TGO to bring it up on air.

I'd have to check the holy scripture on the famous Cult of Robbo thread to see if TGO has had a past opinion on Bruce...not sure if he likes or dislikes him.

But if TGO loves Bruce..then so be it. I'll have to retract all of my horrid comments.

I'd have to check the holy scripture on the famous Cult of Robbo thread to see if TGO has had a past opinion on Bruce...not sure if he likes or dislikes him.

But if TGO loves Bruce..then so be it. I'll have to retract all of my horrid comments.

Can't say I have heard TGO speak about Bruce ever either on 360 or on SEN.
But a wise move to check the scripture. An email retracting your comments would need to be fired off quickly should it be needed.

Can't say I have heard TGO speak about Bruce ever either on 360 or on SEN.
But a wise move to check the scripture. An email retracting your comments would need to be fired off quickly should it be needed.

This could take some time. I'll need to fire up the fryer for some dimsims, put some VB on ice and find that greatest rock BBQ songs CD to play as I search for the truth.

After talking to someone at the station last year, Channel 7 have no idea that anyone thinks their broadcasts are anything but perfection.

Do they actually watch their own product? Because you'd have to be borderline *ed (or just flat out George Dubya dumb) to not see there's a massive problem with their broadcasts from top to bottom, not just the commentary. Although then again these are the same geniuses who give us My Kitchen Rules, Big Brother, Sunrise and A Current Affair.

Do they actually watch their own product? Because you'd have to be borderline ******ed (or just flat out George Dubya dumb) to not see there's a massive problem with their broadcasts from top to bottom, not just the commentary. Although then again these are the same geniuses who give us My Kitchen Rules, Big Brother, Sunrise and A Current Affair.

Hope you're not bagging Sam there....that woman is a GODDESS!!!

When it gets too bad I've now started using the AFL App on my phone and listening to the radio audio.....there's almost perfect sync...MUCH MUCH better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back