Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks have picked up a shitload of discards by trading picks 10-25.

Gotta get creative when you don't have the luxury of relying on a bucketload of extra cash per season like you cheating *****$. :)

So it's 'creative' when Hawthorn do it, but when the Bloods turn rookie picks into AFL players it's cheating.
Richmond pay their players the same amount as Geelong, how come the money didn't make Tiger's players as good as Cat's players?

Don't believe everything Eddie McGuire tells you. ;)

So it's 'creative' when Hawthorn do it, but when the Bloods turn rookie picks into AFL players it's cheating.

Huh? Turn as many rookie picks in AFL players as you like, that's great drafting / player development. Nothing at all related to what I'm referring to.

Richmond pay their players the same amount as Geelong, how come the money didn't make Tiger's players as good as Cat's players?

Because Richmond select s**t players generally. And their player development works on a backward trajectory.

I can't stand Eddie, but like most, agree he has a point on this one.

Am sure you'd be just as livid if we, after winning the flag, used an extra million bucks the AFL gave us (because they desperately want the game to thrive in Hawthorn, and know our supporters are so notoriously fickle) to pick up Dangerfield. Then added Fyfe the following year just for good measure.

Huh? Turn as many rookie picks in AFL players as you like, that's great drafting / player development. Nothing at all related to what I'm referring to.

Because Richmond select s**t players generally. And their player development works on a backward trajectory.

I can't stand Eddie, but like most, agree he has a point on this one.

Am sure you'd be just as livid if we, after winning the flag, used an extra million bucks the AFL gave us (because they desperately want the game to thrive in Hawthorn, and know our supporters are so notoriously fickle) to pick up Dangerfield. Then added Fyfe the following year just for good measure.

You want to conveniently forget that your club must have room in your cap for at least 90.2% of the contract?
The $902,000 he gets is irrelevant to the $98,000 extra he gets from the AFL?

I don't begrudge other clubs their success. My club got smashed, moved out of Victoria all while Hawks were getting the best of zones back then. You didn't give a s**t about us then, now that we are becoming super powerful you want to cry about it. Boo hooo hooo, have a sook with McGuire, Gordon and the rest of the hypocrite brigade.

images

I had a dream about Patrick last night. Maybe someone can interpret.

My brother and I were debating if he was overrated. We concluded that he was. So Patrick enters into the room, as a cat. Like, he took the form of a white cat. Not a Geelong player, an actual feline.

We take the only appropriate action to a transmorphic, overrated AFL player who shapeshifts into the form of a feline.

I beat the cat to death on the bowl of a toilet.

Now being a good North man, I kept some perspective in my rage. I left the cat slightly alive. I ask my Geelong brother "So do you want him?". He says "Nah North can have him".

So I get my scarf, shape it into a cushion and invite the beaten and bloody Patrick Dangerfield cat to come sit on my North scarf.

He does.

Dangerfield to North.

Or Dangerfield becomes a feline.

It's got a lot to do with development no doubt, but it's far easier to put a top 4 side on the park with an extra 10% in the salary cap, you'd have to admit that.

It's got a lot to do with development no doubt, but it's far easier to put a top 4 side on the park with an extra 10% in the salary cap, you'd have to admit that.
GWS to deny.

Of course.
Would you accept that few Swans would command bigger pay cheques at another club? The 'average' player gets about $200k, so they are getting about $20k in COLA. I doubt $20k is enough for a player to change clubs simply just for the money.

Of course.
Would you accept that few Swans would command bigger pay cheques at another club? The 'average' player gets about $200k, so they are getting about $20k in COLA. I doubt $20k is enough for a player to change clubs simply just for the money.

Not quite - If it's 1Mill that means an extra 100k on top fairly substantial - then you spread that over 5 years, that's half a million extra you don't have to worry about. Perhaps the percentage margin is somewhat out but needs to be readjusted from 10% to maybe 5% to 3%.

In saying that COLA hasn't worried me too much - doesn't matter how much money you have, you have to be able to develop players too. Sydney have excellent development programs / great culture / excellent business conductors. There's plenty of players through out history that have swapped teams and spudded it up at the second team.

Just sounds like Hawthorn supporters are still mad that Sydney has the stick on them in Grandfinals. Whilst Fremantle are so desperately wanting success they see Sydney as a huge threat to derail those plans. Don't worry guys you can re-watch the 06 Grand Final and share in my satisfaction of that year. ;)

Not quite - If it's 1Mill that means an extra 100k on top fairly substantial - then you spread that over 5 years, that's half a million extra you don't have to worry about. Perhaps the percentage margin is somewhat out but needs to be readjusted from 10% to maybe 5% to 3%.

In saying that COLA hasn't worried me too much - doesn't matter how much money you have, you have to be able to develop players too. Sydney have excellent development programs / great culture / excellent business conductors. There's plenty of players through out history that have swapped teams and spudded it up at the second team.

Just sounds like Hawthorn supporters are still mad that Sydney has the stick on them in Grandfinals. Whilst Fremantle are so desperately wanting success they see Sydney as a huge threat to derail those plans. Don't worry guys you can re-watch the 06 Grand Final and share in my satisfaction of that year. ;)

How many players are on million dollar contracts? 1 per club?
A player that commands $1m a year is hardly going to leave for marginally more money.
Would Tippet have stayed in Adelaide for the same money as he is getting at Sydney? What about Buddy?
Given that BOTH chose to leave it is a long long bow to draw to say COLA had anything to do with them leaving. There might be an argument that whilst COLA may not have been explicitly responsible for Sydney being able to sign both, it enabled us to do so. I ask the question, if Buddy and Tippett came knocking on any clubs door which club is not going to do their darndest to make it happen? Sydney have lost some players, have signed a long long contract, have reduced their total player numbers in order to make it work.
The bitching by Vic flogs is pure and simple jealousy. McGuire, Gordon, the Hawks supporters with NFI, other supporters with NFI, it's all jealousy.

I can't remember what happened in '06, the last memory I have before 2012 is "Leo Barry you star". :D

to all those geelong fans saying dangerfield will go to their club. why would he join geelong, a team on the downhill and not getting near a premiership any time soon with their stars hitting their 30s and not a lot of awesome young talent rather than stay in adelaide, get paid more, be with a more talented younger squad with a huge upside with draft picks back and stay with his best mates tex, sloane etc turn it up catters!

My brother and I were debating if he was overrated. We concluded that he was. So Patrick enters into the room, as a cat. Like, he took the form of a white cat. Not a Geelong player, an actual feline.

We take the only appropriate action to a transmorphic, overrated AFL player who shapeshifts into the form of a feline.

Now being a good North man, I kept some perspective in my rage. I left the cat slightly alive. I ask my Geelong brother "So do you want him?". He says "Nah North can have him".

So I get my scarf, shape it into a cushion and invite the beaten and bloody Patrick Dangerfield cat to come sit on my North scarf.

He does.

Dangerfield to North.

possibly both Dangerfield agrees to a trade to both the cats and north becoming the first player to force clubs to merge.
you turn to argue with your brother about what this means only to realise your an only child and psychotic, your "brother" is actual an manifestation of your psychosis. then a doctor explains that you are actually Patrick Dangerfield and the you, you thought you were is also a personality of dangerfields. it turns out Dangerfield was completely crazy this whole time but nobody noticed until he demanded to be traded to to teams.

as a result (you) Dangerfield are delisted and the clubs don't merge at all, sadly your family has stolen all your AFL money and as a result you cannot afford the treatment you need as a result within days of going off your med's you now believe your a cat and scavenge from bin's at caravan parks for the rest of your life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to all those geelong fans saying dangerfield will go to their club. why would he join geelong, a team on the downhill and not getting near a premiership any time soon with their stars hitting their 30s and not a lot of awesome young talent rather than stay in adelaide, get paid more, be with a more talented younger squad with a huge upside with draft picks back and stay with his best mates tex, sloane etc turn it up catters!
Forget the footy logic, why would anyone choose to live in Adelaide? Gone.

Danger has already indicated he is prepared to start negotiations in the near future. trust me not happing.
You mean like every other player that has then signed with another club? You are living in dreamworld if you think Dangerfield is some ethically superior footballer and that we are lucky enough to have him. He'll follow the money.

He does.

Dangerfield to North.

Funny Stuff ... chuckled my bum off !

Cheap shots are easy of course however players get paid extra to live and work in Sydney
Not sure how you managed to twist CoLA into your response.....but well done for consistency of purpose. No point arguing anymore. Just leave you with a few facts. We get to live in a fantastic city. We get to watch the best players like Tippett and Buddy run around in red & white. We are a decent chance at going deep this year. Looks like we are winners all round. Ps not much room for comments on the premiership cup!

Very true......if you are poor!

Sorry

"Most liveable" has nothing to do with income. It is to do with the aspects that make a city appealing to live in. And Adelaide is ahead of Sydney. Whether you like it or not. Taking cheap shots says a lot about you though, if that's your only comeback. You started this btw.

Sick of Hawks fans crying. YOU were the team that let Kennedy and McGlynn go. YOU had the option to match Buddys deal. Adelaide made a meal of the Tippett saga. Sydney just played it smart. Sydney could get Danger with Goodes ROK and LRT retiring soon. Players might take a pay cut for success. Not every player plays for just the pay checks. Danger to the swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back