The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Common sense.

BTW..what does this radio service provide that couldn't be done by a commercial station? AKA, why am I paying for what users (via advertisers) should pay for themselves.

An unbiased commentary. Something that politicians wouldnt like.
Also in depth news & discussion, not 'infomercials' & the big Bogan competition.

Massive budget and doesn't pay tax. Huge competitive advantage.
****ing good in my opinion. The thought that commercial entities attack those that disagree with them by implying they support peados is proof that we need the ABC and that the vast majority out there ignore the trolls that inhabit internet sites using the same scum tactics.

******* good in my opinion. The thought that commercial entities attack those that disagree with them by implying they support peados is proof that we need the ABC and that the vast majority out there ignore the trolls that inhabit internet sites using the same scum tactics.

Yawn. More apologism. The typical nonsense from supporters of state broadcasting.

The vast majority don't watch the ABC. They just have to pay for it. Shameful stuff that you should demand such a subsidy from other Australians.

Humour that you use News Corpse given it was the BBC that acted as chief enabler of the corpse shagger.

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children". Bonhoffer

Last edited:
Yawn. More apologism. The typical nonsense from supporters of state broadcasting.

The vast majority don't watch the ABC. They just have to pay for it. Shameful stuff that you should demand such a subsidy from other Australians.

Humour that you use News Corpse given it was the BBC that acted as chief enabler of the corpse shagger.

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children". Bonhoffer
What a load of crap. I pay for the army but dont use it. I must say that the thought that you subsidise anything fills me with joy though.

What a load of crap. I pay for the army but dont use it.

An army is essential (and hardly an entertainment vehicle) State propaganda isn't. Terrible comparison.

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."

I see the BBC is also now openly breaching it's charter,

The BBC’s Editorial Complaints Department this week ruled that the Today programme broke BBC guidelines in February by inviting Lord Lawson to a debate with Sir Brian Hoskins, chairman of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change. It bizarrely claimed that his views are ‘not supported by the evidence’ — though he had pointed out, correctly, that the planet has not been warming for the past 17 years. Nevertheless, the BBC politburo warned, listeners should have been warned that Lord Lawson is in a minority and, therefore, his words ‘should not be regarded as carrying equal weight to those of experts such as Sir Brian Hoskins’.

that was a weird response. Bonhoffer actually fought against Nazism with the German resistence.

I'm a weird person apparently.

By the same token I would suggest that it is better to be just weird than be a troll by tagging someone by implying that they support paedophilia. But that's just me I guess. As to quoting Lutheran Bonhoeffer, (not Orwell the usual favourite, shock horror our resident expert on everything ever has moved on?), I might quote Victor Klemperer or Primo Levi.

Tell Costa Rica. Luther was anti semite.

The ABCs favourite economist.

"[Jews] have in them deep-rooted instincts that are antagonistic and therefore repulsive to the European, and their presence among us is a living example of the insurmountable difficulties that exist in merging race characteristics, in making cats love dogs …
It is not agreeable to see civilization so under the ugly thumbs of its impure Jews who have all the money and the power and brains"

The ABCs favourite economist.

"[Jews] have in them deep-rooted instincts that are antagonistic and therefore repulsive to the European, and their presence among us is a living example of the insurmountable difficulties that exist in merging race characteristics, in making cats love dogs …
It is not agreeable to see civilization so under the ugly thumbs of its impure Jews who have all the money and the power and brains"
Abba wrote a song about you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"winner takes it all".

Anyway, confused, is anti Semitism ok or not? Or just when the person expressing hatred for Jews fits in with the statist mind set of the ABC?

Luther - bad
Keynes - good.

That it? Or does homosexuality cancel out anti Semitism? An email might be in order.

office@abcfriends.org.au
On and on and on.

******* good in my opinion. The thought that commercial entities attack those that disagree with them by implying they support peados is proof that we need the ABC and that the vast majority out there ignore the trolls that inhabit internet sites using the same scum tactics.

Thankfully, the ABC would never attack those they don't agree with....oh, wait. Yes they do.

What a load of crap. I pay for the army but dont use it. I must say that the thought that you subsidise anything fills me with joy though.

Is the army obliged by their charter to be fair and balanced?

Is the ABC required to attack whoever the government of the day tells them to?

You only have to watch Murdoch666 Media watch.

Isn't it amazing how the ABC's 'fair and balanced' review of the media seems to find fault in some more than others. I'm flabbergasted by this amazing coincidence.

I'm a weird person apparently.

By the same token I would suggest that it is better to be just weird than be a troll by tagging someone by implying that they support paedophilia. But that's just me I guess. As to quoting Lutheran Bonhoeffer, (not Orwell the usual favourite, shock horror our resident expert on everything ever has moved on?), I might quote Victor Klemperer or Primo Levi.

I dont really know what paedos have to do with it, Ive obviously stumbled into some feud.

*backs away slowly then runs for the door*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back