NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what you could say about the north game even if they had spare time.

Same as the first Brisbane game. A game we were expected to win comfortably, and did so without being overly impressive. Not sure what there would be to talk about.

Seriously. I watched all 3 footy shows tonight and not a mention about the North St Kilda game. All I heard about for the most part was domestic bullshit. These shows are going down the gurgler at a very quick rate and if they keep it up I wont be watching this crap. They should be talking about each game on the weekend even if its only for 2 minutes on each game.

Not sure what you could say about the north game even if they had spare time.

Exactly. What is there to say? "North won, St. Kilda lost. Did North win by enough to appease Bigfooty?"

All that does is diminish our presence in the media. That is NOT a good thing when we WIN matches. Dunno why people are okay with it.

I want to hear the TV say we jumped a disappointing Collingwood into 6th and are pounding on the top 4 door.

All that does is diminish our presence in the media. That is NOT a good thing when we WIN matches. Dunno why people are okay with it.

I want to hear the TV say we jumped a disappointing Collingwood into 6th and are pounding on the top 4 door.

If Hawthorn beat St. Kilda this week, do you think they'd cover it?

If Hawthorn beat St. Kilda this week, do you think they'd cover it?
Yes. People care about Hawthorn.

People should care about St. Kilda so it shouldn't matter who Hawthorn played and beat. The competition does not comprise of 6 teams.

Yes. People care about Hawthorn.

People should care about St. Kilda so it shouldn't matter who Hawthorn played and beat. The competition does not comprise of 6 teams.

I'm watching 'On the Couch' now.

Hmmm.....I reckon they cover the newsworthy, by which they mean the unexpected. First two stories have been Richmond beating Port, and then Bulldogs beating Gold Coast.

UPDATE - They did mention the St. Kilda v North match! Most of the focus on St. Kilda's inability to kick a winning score, but they mentioned it.

No time for North on Talking Footy. Especially after they devoted fifteen minutes to the Great Malthouse Ling Confrontation.
mate they have about 45 minutes to fill. there are 18 clubs.

there was nothing relevant or interesting re: us from the weekend and there were far better, more interesting stories to discuss.

Seriously. I watched all 3 footy shows tonight and not a mention about the North St Kilda game. All I heard about for the most part was domestic bullshit. These shows are going down the gurgler at a very quick rate and if they keep it up I wont be watching this crap. They should be talking about each game on the weekend even if its only for 2 minutes on each game.
what planet are you on?
they're not obligated to discuss north on every show, on every week.
There are 18 teams. There are bigger footballer stories.

keep winning and playing well and it might become a relevant discussion point but a regulation, and at times untidy win against st kilda is not worthy of discussion. I'm a north fan and I have no interest hearing about it.

lol we're not pounding on any door yet all we're doing is giving ourselves a chance if we win all of our games.
if we beat carlton and geelong then we're pounding on the door and people will talk about it.
beating st kilda in a pretty average performance is not pounding anything. we're 2 games from 4th ffs. 2 games! and we're one game and 15 points of percentage behind port adelaide in 5th!!!

THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO TALK ABOUT NORTH MELBOURNE EVERY WEEK. THERE ARE 18 CLUBS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Essendon's impressive win over Collingwood and recent form
Port Adelaide's form slump and loss to Richmond
Geelong actually moving into the top four
Buddy's form and Sydney's third quarter
the malthouse-ling story
gold coast losing to the bulldogs - might miss the 8
collingwood possibly missing the 8 - very bad recent form

all more interesting football stories.

and I could go on.

lets be fair guys. some of you are just complaining for the sake of it when no fair, unbiased person would put north melbourne on any discussion agenda this week.

as I said beat Carlton and beat Geelong and people will start talking. excepting discussion after a regulation win against the worst side in the AFL? ******* please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kidding yourselves if you're complaining about the lack of discussion about North winning by 10 goals against the bottom of the table in a very nondescript affair. Literally nothing to come out of the game of any note to any neutrals.

I'm not kidding myself but thanks for telling me what I should think. I'll return with you to the sheep herd, shall I?
I agree with the views that NM doesn't rate as newsworthy this week, AND agree with your post above. You're entitled to your view.

Low key game and low key performance with no standout individual efforts = no one gives two shits, especially when Mick Malthouse is shouting at clouds again.

A 10 goal win is a 10 goal win.

If Melbourne did it there'd be a shrine to Paul Roos erected.

Well we did it with a lot less scheduling, FTA and drafting favours than they've ever had. Give us some positive friggin exposure for it then regardless or whether it was a canter.

I don't like that people are justifying the opinion that no one needs to care about a NM/St.K game just because it doesn't sit right with me.

HOWEVER, I seem to be making things worse by carrying on so I'll put up with being in what appears to be the minority.

I don't like that people are justifying the opinion that no one needs to care about a NM/St.K game just because it doesn't sit right with me.

HOWEVER, I seem to be making things worse by carrying on so I'll put up with being in what appears to be the minority.

Mate in relation to some of the other stories around, north v stkilda was irrelevant to all but the two sides supporters.

When we beat the hawks the media were on us for a week

I agree with you all the way.

North, Richmond and to some extent Melbourne all entered a new era circa 2009 with us considered the weakest.

I dont' see why our exposure and by extension ability to win new supporters should be impaired by starting to get 'regulation' wins?

Damn right I want the kids, uninitiated and newly arrived to put the tellie on, get a random footy panel show and see blue and white getting a big win and think "I will support this team".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back