NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much to mention about the game. The only talk about NMFC I'm interested in ATM is the road to the finals and how the top 4 may pan out. Hawthorn and Port have a much hard run than us.

A 10 goal win is a 10 goal win.

If Melbourne did it there'd be a shrine to Paul Roos erected.

Well we did it with a lot less scheduling, FTA and drafting favours than they've ever had. Give us some positive friggin exposure for it then regardless or whether it was a canter.

And G Healy would be all over said Roos erection.

Dish being on AFL360 tonight means I'll need a detailed report here as we have the dreaded "no signal detected" crap with our Foxtel. It'll be the same issue we've had in the past (water damage in the Telstra pit down the road) and the dude won't be arriving to fix the bastard till tomorrow morning (if he shows up).

Dish being on AFL360 tonight means I'll need a detailed report here as we have the dreaded "no signal detected" crap with our Foxtel. It'll be the same issue we've had in the past (water damage in the Telstra pit down the road) and the dude won't be arriving to fix the bastard till tomorrow morning (if he shows up).
Don't worry, Foxtel will voluntarily refund you for the time your access is down.
LOL.

Don't worry, Foxtel will voluntarily refund you for the time your access is down.
LOL.

Precisely. Pricks!

Mrs Toes made the call early this morning and throughout, while the twat from Foxtel was making her go through the checklist, I was two rooms away shouting intelligent crap like "Tomorrow? Tell him to shove that up his arse!" etc. i felt like Mick Malthouse.

Mate in relation to some of the other stories around, north v stkilda was irrelevant to all but the two sides supporters.

When we beat the hawks the media were on us for a week

The media were on the story of "North beat the Hawks, but they are so up and down it means nothing unless they back it up and win next week" - then lost interest in the second part. I don't mind so much if it's because other games were more interesting, but when they skip games so they have enough time to bang on about the Malthouse/Ling tiff, whether Malthouse was mean to Sam Lane, Eddie v. Swans and Brian Taylor being an arse, it's a bit disappointing.

Anyway, great that we got a mention in Footy Classified. It took a few seconds in Good Call, Bad Call to say that this weekend is so uninteresting - special mention that no-one wants to see North v Carlton now - they'd be better off running replays of earlier games.

Not much to mention about the game. The only talk about NMFC I'm interested in ATM is the road to the finals and how the top 4 may pan out. Hawthorn and Port have a much hard run than us.
Hawthorn we can't catch, as they are two games plus huge percentage in front. They'd need to lose 3 times and us to win all 6, which just not going to happen. We do, however, have a chance to overtake Port, and possibly Geelong.

All that does is diminish our presence in the media. That is NOT a good thing when we WIN matches. Dunno why people are okay with it.

I want to hear the TV say we jumped a disappointing Collingwood into 6th and are pounding on the top 4 door.

Personally, I really don't need to hear that from 2nd rate footy analysts. Rely on my own judgement, etc.

When and if we knock down the top 4 door, rest assured these clowns will be all over it.

Personally, I really don't need to hear that from 2nd rate footy analysts. Rely on my own judgement, etc.

When and if we knock down the top 4 door, rest assured these clowns will be all over it.

Saying they saw it coming from a mile off.

Precisely. Pricks!

Mrs Toes made the call early this morning and throughout, while the twat from Foxtel was making her go through the checklist, I was two rooms away shouting intelligent crap like "Tomorrow? Tell him to shove that up his arse!" etc. i felt like Mick Malthouse.
olman.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media were on the story of "North beat the Hawks, but they are so up and down it means nothing unless they back it up and win next week" - then lost interest in the second part. I don't mind so much if it's because other games were more interesting, but when they skip games so they have enough time to bang on about the Malthouse/Ling tiff, whether Malthouse was mean to Sam Lane, Eddie v. Swans and Brian Taylor being an arse, it's a bit disappointing.

Anyway, great that we got a mention in Footy Classified. It took a few seconds in Good Call, Bad Call to say that this weekend is so uninteresting - special mention that no-one wants to see North v Carlton now - they'd be better off running replays of earlier games.

If we beat Carlton this week then back it up and beat Geelong the media will be all over us.

Our staggering injury list doesn't get much of a mention...imagine if we had a fit list...
Wells, Macmillan, Nahas and Grima are the only best 22 outs imo.
Ziebell hasn't been out that long and when he plays it's critical we get the midfield balance right. If we bring him in and go heavy with inside players our run is stifled and we look slow, stagnant and struggle to score. he's a best 22 player but we need to make sure he comes in for a similar type player. not at the expense of run.
tarrant and tippett are and should only be back up options.

the list is staggering in terms of how many are injured - but only 4 or 5 best 22 players are out - + about 4 or 5 worthy back-ups.

more out than most clubs though. we're doing well considering. and we have had a steady stream of players out all season well.

agree though that our list has scarcely been mentioned which isn't giving us enough recognition for performing/winning with an injury weakened team.

Wells, Macmillan, Nahas and Grima are the only best 22 outs imo.
Ziebell hasn't been out that long and when he plays it's critical we get the midfield balance right. If we bring him in and go heavy with inside players our run is stifled and we look slow, stagnant and struggle to score. he's a best 22 player but we need to make sure he comes in for a similar type player. not at the expense of run.
tarrant and tippett are and should only be back up options.

the list is staggering in terms of how many are injured - but only 4 or 5 best 22 players are out - + about 4 or 5 worthy back-ups.

more out than most clubs though. we're doing well considering. and we have had a steady stream of players out all season well.

agree though that our list has scarcely been mentioned which isn't giving us enough recognition for performing/winning with an injury weakened team.
Don't agree about Tarrant being back up only. His best is above Brown and Black (at their current performance). Tarrant was a great foil for Petrie in some big wins and the man can kick big goals. The two B's may end up better players than Tarrant but they are not yet.
Love Ben's enthusiasm he is a breath of fresh air, wish Black would fire up and give us a bit more.

I agree with you all the way.

North, Richmond and to some extent Melbourne all entered a new era circa 2009 with us considered the weakest.

I dont' see why our exposure and by extension ability to win new supporters should be impaired by starting to get 'regulation' wins?

Damn right I want the kids, uninitiated and newly arrived to put the tellie on, get a random footy panel show and see blue and white getting a big win and think "I will support this team".
If we won by the hundred points we should of I'm sure more would have been said. I want us on the box as much as anyone. Put the Blues to the sword on Friday night footy and we'll get a fair share of publicity.

League Teams was interesting last night. I don't normally watch it as I'm not the biggest Derm or Shaw fan. Shaw went a long way to changing my opinion of him last night though. He was quite funny and spent a good solid chunk of his time taking digs at Derm because of his Boomer and Dal article. He even said that Boomer might win the Brownlow and that Derm should have to interview him again!

Shaw also predicted us to win all our remaining games. That made me very nervous.

Yeah I saw the show also Augustine. It was very good to hear. The only thing I didn't like was when the panellists all tipped North, all adding "comfortably" or "easily". I hope the players weren't watching!

League Teams was interesting last night. I don't normally watch it as I'm not the biggest Derm or Shaw fan. Shaw went a long way to changing my opinion of him last night though. He was quite funny and spent a good solid chunk of his time taking digs at Derm because of his Boomer and Dal article. He even said that Boomer might win the Brownlow and that Derm should have to interview him again!

Shaw also predicted us to win all our remaining games. That made me very nervous.

Nek Minnit......we lose all 6 and finish 9th!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back