North Melbourne and why they are going nowhere..

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of s**t. Surely you don't believe there's actually a 'curse'. I hate Thomas as much as anyone in the AFL but to say he is a curse on North is just taking the piss.

There is a curse.

Since his debut when he kicked 5 points and the side lost by 3 the club hasn't been able to win a first round match and even in that game the other forwards at north began to show elements of the curse. Shannon grant getting a 45 meter penalty and missing from the goal square in the last few minutes.

Every forward drafted in his time has been majorly injured or out of form the whole time.

Garner, Harper, Campbell, Nahas, black, all cursed. Hale, Ben Ross, Edwards, daw, brown, and a few others suffered it. Wright and Adams as forwards, Ziebell as a forward. Wells of late. Wells has an imaginary season ending injury. The curse is real.

Nahas before the curse got him contributed to the bigger wins. Thomas was AWOL in the swans and freo games.

The curse broke Gary rohans leg and rules were changed. The curse sniped off the ball and got away with it so rules were changed and cost fyfe a brownlow.

The curse handballed to swallow when he missed a year.

Regardless of his effect on the stagnation and injury of his fellow forwards, he blocks the space for the talls, the opposition hate his free kick reliant game and fire up when he gets involved.

The side plays better when he's out.

His only good games this year have been heartless losses.

He has talent, but if anyone will never win a final it's this guy. Selfish, arrogant, fraudulent, stupid but talented and a curse.

Will top Norths goal kicking and finish 13-15th in the b&f. That says it all.

Last edited:
It is up to the AFL to help push North up the ladder at the expense of teams such as Carlton. This match wouldn't have helped the AFL's preferred plans. I think this loss should mean that North should be given more funds from the AFL from the future fund so they can invest in a bigger coaching team, more facilities, better wages. It is the AFL's duty to do all possible to ensure "equalisation" where some teams are more equal than others.

Surely you are taking the p1ss? They have had ample oppurtunity to become financially viable. They have been a financial mess for years despite handouts from the AFL.

Fact is there are too many teams in Melbourne and not enough money to go around. Should have gone to the Gold Coast when given the chance

Surely you are taking the p1ss? They have had ample oppurtunity to become financially viable. They have been a financial mess for years despite handouts from the AFL.

Fact is there are too many teams in Melbourne and not enough money to go around. Should have gone to the Gold Coast when given the chance

You're derailing the thread mate. Stick to the topic.
You also don't know what you're talking about.

Not sure about that mate.

Have a look at the wins interstate..

Freo, Swans, west coast and the hawks win, Thomas was absent. AWOL. Big time.

Losses against essendon, Carlton...

There he is, inspiring the opposition, deluding brad the idiot Scott into making him play as a go to crap full forward...

He's a curse.

wtf i hate Lindsay Thomas but you're just being totally ridiculous...he was your best player against us with 4 goals and he set up a few others

and you seem to be actually serious when proclaiming this 'he is a curse' thing...lol

ITT: David King's alias accounts.

Let's be honest, none of us know s**t about football compared to any coach including Brad Scott, however inept he may appear.
Could say the same for any role in the AFL.
Might as well shut down BigFooty now.

hahah this 'Thats Wright' guy is a pissa.

Whether purposely trolling or just a mental case, i love how he blames Thomas for Shannon Grant's miss from the goalsquare and all of north melborne's injuries are somehow his fault

Do you know that whole 'Holocaust' thing? Yep, Lindsay bloody Thomas.

wtf i hate Lindsay Thomas but you're just being totally ridiculous...he was your best player against us with 4 goals and he set up a few others

and you seem to be actually serious when proclaiming this 'he is a curse' thing...lol
hahah this 'Thats Wright' guy is a pissa.

Whether purposely trolling or just a mental case, i love how he blames Thomas for Shannon Grant's miss from the goalsquare and all of north melborne's injuries are somehow his fault

Wowee, he has his pet club in Carlton. Yep he does well against the rubbish while the team loses. Great.

Dal santo - ' I don't mind losing games' on sen now. ' not only did we ruin our weekend ... '

All said in a feminine voice.

Sounds like Brayshaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson is a good VFL player.

Overrated.

Wright. Capable of 10 good games a year. Hasn't the build for afl unfortunately.

The depth players have limited scope.

After this years finals belting Scott will have to get serious. The problem is it will likely be too late with the age of the list and the fact forwards at north stand no chance.

Wasn't stating that they were guns, but rather solid players that have significantly lifted their output making them better players.

Well according to everyone else and the tribunal he did choke 3 weeks ago, just not voluntarily...
That's what I was implying but I buggered the joke up - thought we played North last week (the Lake incident) but apparently it was the week prior.

One of those weeks at work this week zzz

Never have I seen a team with a larger gap between their best and worst.

Scott is the answer, He is not a good enough coach.

I'm in the camp that NM list is definitely good enough to ask questions of the top 4 but until they find a coach who will get in the heads of the players and turn them into consistent performers they will go nowhere.

I also think they have f**kall leaders at the club.

Without Brayshaw, there'd probably be no North Melbourne Football Club right now.

Nah you would be the Kangaroos playing on the Gold Coast, with GAblett, J O'meara, H Bennell, D Prestia, running through the middle. With the AFL pumping cash into you without you rustling a tin.

Oh and a D Swallow as a little thank you.

Good onya Brayshaw :thumbsu:

While we're at it, let's cut all the interstate teams too. That way we have no clubs at all, so no handouts needed. Sound like a good idea? Makes about as much sense as your one.

Nah you would be the Kangaroos playing on the Gold Coast, with GAblett, J O'meara, H Bennell, D Prestia, running through the middle. With the AFL pumping cash into you without you rustling a tin.

Oh and a D Swallow as a little thank you.

Good onya Brayshaw :thumbsu:

I'd rather the club die on its feet than live on its knees. If the club moved to the Gold Coast, there's no way I'd be supporting it anymore.

It seems if you can stop Drew Petrie then it is hard for North to win

I don't think they've improved that much compared with last year.

They lost a number of close games in 2013 but were a little up & down as well. Not much has changed this season besides early season scalps against a struggling Fremantle & Sydney (at the time) that have inflated their reputations ever since.

They will be a team that a few clubs will want to play in Week One of the finals... if they get there, which they should given their soft draw.

But you still get to see them regularly in Melbourne, and GC aren't on their knees mate, far from it.

I don't think you understand what that expression means. I'd rather the club die trying to survive in Melbourne where it belongs than to live as an AFL franchise on the Gold Coast.

There's more wrong with North than the Bruce mcavaney deluded off night.

What's wrong with these losers?

For me last week they got ahead of themselves with black and Petrie doing well against hawthorn so made Lindsay the curse Thomas the focal point up forward to get him into some form. He flew for dumb marks all day and much like tonight stifled the whole forward line except for his cheap scoreboard contribution.

Brad Scott just hasn't the ability unfortunately. Pretenders.
You've got Brayshaw and his arrogant fool hardy swagger but what can they change to get this joke off the ground?

Haha, absolute classic! Brilliant. I agree with you mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back