Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

its not like we have been playing 4 talls all year, lynch has hardly played, tex missed a fair few aswell.

Good change! IMO Lynch was second behind Jenkins for worst on ground last week. Have a feeling Pods will start of as the sub also as he is named on the bench.

So where does Lynch play in the ressies ?? Doesn't appear to be lacking fitness but just touch, so does he play his high HF role or do we throw him in the middle ??

Also can see Lyons coming in for Danger, would be the smart move.

CerdosVuelan.JPG

Going by Harper's comments (and Sando's on Monday night on Foxtel), the club don't like the four-tall set-up. So in light of that, why didn't they drop Pods five weeks ago when Lynch was ready to come back? I mean, Lynch deserves to be dropped THIS week marginally more than Pods does (who let's face it, hasn't been that good either, I'd drop him for that ridiculous 45 degree angle, side-on kick alone) but why did they persist with this structure in the first place when they didn't like it? The answer has got to be Sando can't drop his mate, Pods.

Going by Harper's comments (and Sando's on Monday night on Foxtel), the club don't like the four-tall set-up. So in light of that, why didn't they drop Pods five weeks ago when Lynch was ready to come back? I mean, Lynch deserves to be dropped THIS week marginally more than Pods does (who let's face it, hasn't been that good either, I'd drop him for that ridiculous 45 degree angle, side-on kick alone) but why did they persist with this structure in the first place when they didn't like it? The answer has got to be Sando can't drop his mate, Pods.
This is the issue for me. Lynch was ordinary last week, but many people have been saying the 4 tall structure makes us too to heavy and too slow up forward with poor defensive pressure. Now what happens if lynch kills it in the sanfl the next few weeks and Pods is ordinary. Will bet any money that pods stays is, lynch comes back and we go back to the 4 tall structure.

Lynch is probably quicker and would apply more defensive pressure than Grigg, so I don't think the change will help. Still, a good change. Lynch needs to find form in the SANFL and he should easily slot back into our 22 come finals time

On heavy, slippery, wet, wintry grounds the 4 tall set up isnt justified, especially when one or two of them are out of form. Later in the season when things dry out a bit it will be worth thinking about again.

On heavy, slippery, wet, wintry grounds the 4 tall set up isnt justified, especially when one or two of them are out of form. Later in the season when things dry out a bit it will be worth thinking about again.

Later in the season? It is round 19 mate...

Well * me, the Ginger kid gets dropped, never saw that one coming. He better spend this week getting his hair dyed so he can get back in the team.

Nah good move let the kid get his confidence back with a game or two in the magoos and leave him forward so he can practice his goal kicking...I reckon Kornes can kick the ball further than him at the moment

scott%20disick.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see how anyone can be unhappy with this.

The worst performing player (and not just last week but the last few) in an important win is dropped for a bona fide best 5 player.

I would suggest that Matty Wright is on notice somewhat if he has a stinker this week and Matt Crouch/Lyons play well in the Magoos.

You have absolutely no idea dangersloane, and make some of the worst statements on this board. I can at least reply and concede when I'm wrong

So are the posters calling for lynchs head after one bad game, the same posters who were calling for Douglas, tex, Jenkins, brown, laird, otten, pods and jaensch to be dropped after they were all playing badly?

Not gonna happen, coaches are not as dumb as us
Drum roll...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back