Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always liked what Lynch brings but he has been in poor form, if he was playing well he would not have been dropped..
If he considers leaving after simply being dropped after an interrupted year and now poor form, it would be one more mentally weak player gone which might further help us stand up when the heat is on.. ;)

But I have confidence Lynch wouldn't be thinking that way..

Sando said today that "Lynchy's form is a little bit scratchy. We love his energy & work rate. He just has to tidy up a few things."

His burning of the ball and composure/decision making has been really poor, which would be the few things that need tidying up..

We have a few choices - JJ somehow learns to do it, McKernan plays despite uninspiring SANFL returns, Walker adjusts his game to do more of this stuff, or we identify this skill as a need and get someone in the offseason that provides it.
I suppose we could decide to coach around it. The bulldogs tried that for a while, out of necessity, and then ended up grabbing Barry Hall.
I'm pretty happy to stick with Pods for the time being, though as soon as our genuine finals hopes are dashed we should re-asses.
Walker does it a bit and I think as he recovers his confidence it will be more of a feature in his game. I have faith Jenkins can develop this area of his game over the next few years. By 2016 I don't think this will be a major concern anymore and until then we have Pods to do it. I don't think we have to bring anyone else in.

Sam Shaw emergency...does that mean he is above Rutten in the pecking order now? Or is it more of a case that he is unlikely to play and they want to save Rutten the embarrassment of being named an emergency who doesn't play?

Lynch had his season ruined by repeated injury. I'm sure he'll force his way back in next year.

At least Sanderson isn't persisting with an underdone player. Shows he's starting to learn what it takes.

Is there really anybody stupid enough to believe Pods hasn't been a good get? Just the fact I don't have to watch McKernan stink it up and give away stupid free's again and again, is enough for me.

Last edited:
Going by Harper's comments (and Sando's on Monday night on Foxtel), the club don't like the four-tall set-up. So in light of that, why didn't they drop Pods five weeks ago when Lynch was ready to come back? I mean, Lynch deserves to be dropped THIS week marginally more than Pods does (who let's face it, hasn't been that good either, I'd drop him for that ridiculous 45 degree angle, side-on kick alone) but why did they persist with this structure in the first place when they didn't like it? The answer has got to be Sando can't drop his mate, Pods.
Statistics over the past 6 games blow all nonsense talk about being too tall in the forward line. Pods won't be dropped until it's decided he should be rested,

like what was supposed to happen periodically throughout the year, and nor should he be. Posters need to get over the ol'-man-Pods syndrome, he's been very handy over the season.

If Pods continues to miss those stupid set shot snaps from 5 metres, regardless of how close the mark was stood, he will be dropped. Kicks those and he gets 3 goals, he cant afford to drop his form with Lynch certain to find his.
Continues to miss?? He's nailed them at really important times also.

Irrelevant how lynch performs in the SANFL, he will be there for the rest of the year. Not a chance he will get another look in, we will most likely win every game.

Only changes from here on will be a revolving door between grigg/cameron to see which fits best for finals

Tex is undroppable, Jenkins is needed for second ruck, and this just leaves senior citizen pods. Sando will not drop him, he could literally have zero touches for the rest of the year and still be played. He has different KPI's than the rest of the list, all he has to do is not get injured.

I think lynch will leave. Its easy to say he loves the club, but other clubs will be into him now. He has just been shown the coaches cards, the coach prefers a forward line of tex, JJ and pods. Pods isn't going anywhere next year, so I'm pretty confident lynch will see the writing on the wall and field offers. Ive actually got a credible source on this, so don't shoot me down too quickly.

ill miss lynch:(

Depends on A) how Lynch goes and B) how Pods go. Sando this season has already dropped a few players that we thought he would never drop (Rielly on the eve of his 200th...).

Lynch was in absolutely woeful form, feel for the guy as his season has been ruined by two big injuries. It doesn't matter who you prefer, you have to drop someone when they are in woeful form.

At worse, a Lynch backed by a preseason will take over Pods spot in 2015, having a preseason under his belt etc and we will all laugh at this for being ridiculously paranoid.

Sam Shaw emergency...does that mean he is above Rutten in the pecking order now? Or is it more of a case that he is unlikely to play and they want to save Rutten the embarrassment of being named an emergency who doesn't play?

I like the way you are thinking...its a numbers game essentially.
List those who are less shitter than those not listed until they warrant a mention.

Small engine, low fuel capacity and questionable mileage. Suitable for sealed roads only.
The end point of four years of research, development and fine tuning from our skilled mechanics

So Thommo is still touch and go and they aren't certain if he will last for a full game.

Here's a thought Sando, give him the standard 3 weeks off and play Matty Crouch instead (or if necessary fly Lyons back from Ios). If we can't beat an undermanned, demoralised West Coast at home without Thommo then there is no point playing in September.

Sometimes in sport , as in life, all the good you do can be undone by 1 x shocker.

I think Lynch's moment was when Goldsack walked around him and gained about 100m in one play. There was a whole load of bad things wrapped up in a single play.

I think this is the message that it was entirely unacceptable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont mind this change at all actually. Praying Grigg gets a full game.

Seriously expecting us to win by at least 40+ tomorrow or else I will be bitterly disappointed. The Eagles list is in shocking condition atm, both with injuries and holes in their list. If we are serious about taking some good form into finals, or even reaching finals for that matter, then we should be knocking off the Eagles at home here very easily and be looking for a % booster.

WOW.... Just wow.

People still complaining about Pods....:rolleyes:

HE IS KEEPING NOBODY.... I REPEAT.... NOBODY out of the team.

He is giving us nearly 2 goals a game, taking some big important marks, taking the pressure of Tex and bringing some serious experience and nous to our forward line.

Goodness me get a grip folks.

WOW.... Just wow.

People still complaining about Pods....:rolleyes:

HE IS KEEPING NOBODY.... I REPEAT.... NOBODY out of the team.

He is giving us nearly 2 goals a game, taking some big important marks, taking the pressure of Tex and bringing some serious experience and nous to our forward line.

Goodness me get a grip folks.

But..but...but... He is stealing all that ball that should be directed at Tex, Lynch and co..

Feel free to insert whatever ridiculous excuse for Pods being the worst thing to the Adelaide football club since Triggy

So Thommo is still touch and go and they aren't certain if he will last for a full game.

Here's a thought Sando, give him the standard 3 weeks off and play Matty Crouch instead (or if necessary fly Lyons back from Ios). If we can't beat an undermanned, demoralised West Coast at home without Thommo then there is no point playing in September.
The article said that the standard 3 weeks might make no difference or something along the lines. They'll probably just try and get him through the rest of the season and then he can rest up during the off-season

Is it true that there's going to be a tribute of some sort to Trigg tomorrow?
Great, more illegal side contracts as some sort of tribute to Trigg..

Maybe they've organised with deaneus to display the "Sack Trigg + Chapman" banner with "1 down, 1 to go" accompanying it.. :eek:

Tippett flying over to hand the original contract document to Trigg like Cornes handed him the footy used in the first ever Crows game?
Walking the original contract document around the boundary like the 19th man flag?

Should be fun regardless.. :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back