Autopsy Rd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

All throughout the last quarter I had this feeling that we would just miss out, I think Mick Out coached Lyon but in the end there was more riding on the game for them, I loved the effort all night. But it begs the question, where has it been all year.

Let's go boys. #united

OK my heart rate is back to normal and the bitter pill of defeat has been dissolved by the sweet taste of a decent draft pick. Well, there might be a bit of an aftertaste lingering from the pill but I can live with it. Hell, I have all year, and most tasted a lot worse than that.

And for the first time I genuinely think Malthouse has set a course forward and upward and the players are on board. I was a member of the jury who was still out until tonight. Now I am sure he did it your honours. Properly I mean.

I have to go to bed. I have an appointment as a jumping castle for a two year old at six in the morning.

Night all.

OK my heart rate is back to normal and the bitter pill of defeat has been dissolved by the sweet taste of a decent draft pick. Well, there might be a bit of an aftertaste lingering from the pill but I can live with it. Hell, I have all year, and most tasted a lot worse than than that.

And for the first time I genuinely think Malthouse has set a course forward and upward and the players are on board. I was a member of the jury who was still out until tonight. Now I am sure he did it your honours. Properly I mean.

I have to go to bed. I have an appointment as a jumping castle for a two year old and six in the morning.

Night all.
Great post!

This is what disappoints me the most:

Graham, 10 disposals.

Johnson, 3 disposals.

I'd have hoped we'd be seeing more from Nicky. You can see why he gets the sub vest so often. Johnson, well, he's a kid. He's had a few good weeks. Probably won't play next week though.
Yeah, Nicky G being a veteran of 6 games.

Ummm is the team improving? I seem to recall moves forward under Ratts which attracted positive member and media sentiment. For me the question is why have we gone backwards under MM even if we sometimes show signs of being a very good footy team?

You got Thy to use a blue grape. That's quite an effort.

Do we have to pick apart Mick's media performances every week?
Did no one see what he whipped our team into? They played with hunger, intensity, heart and aggression. FINALLY players were flying the flag for their captain. They really, really wanted to ******* win today.
MM is unlikeky to change his style anytime soon.

I would like to see even one of these highly paid journalists earn their keep by actually finding a way to engage him in something he clearly finds tedious. Perhaps this is because they have been asking the same stupid questions for years. Maybe it is because they make statements that are bleedingly obvious, masked as a question, then expect the coaches to do their job for them. Either way, not much is likely to change if journalists continue to be lazy or unprepared.

I am not a fan of the farce that is our post match press conferences as I hope for more from the face of the club. I can understand why MM does what he does under the circumstances but I want better from him.

No, because Pavlich had zero impact on the game. Of course, I'm aware he was subbed out. The reason isn't important, but yeah feel free to completely miss the point.

Hard for Pav to have much impact over the game when he was subbed out well before half time.
Not sure where you going with this J.

Back