Autopsy Rd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

yep never answers any questions. we want to know what went wrong, what went right, who played well, who didnt. its not that hard to answer.
Didn't you watch the game? All those questions were answered over the 4 quarters and now a zillion times in this thread with more to come if you still are a bit unsure.

I love how your boys handled Crowley tonight, I wish more teams would get under that flog's skin.
Agree. I didn't expect to see that sort of thing come from my team of all teams, but it was great to see. Hope more teams do that, he deserves to get smashed every game for his playstyle.

The effort was good again tonight, simply lacked a little polish at crucial times.

The process seems to be on track.

Tipped us by one point, the game went 30 seconds too long, almost a genius.:(

Do we have to pick apart Mick's media performances every week?
Did no one see what he whipped our team into? They played with hunger, intensity, heart and aggression. FINALLY players were flying the flag for their captain. They really, really wanted to ******* win today.

Great post! What really gets me is that it's nothing new. He's been like this forever. Don't know why some are so shocked.

Excluding nat fyfe my big toenail has more talent to play the game then the entire fremantle list.

Well drilled? Yes
Fit Athletes? Yes
Talented? NO
wouldn't that make ross a remarkable coach and go against what everyone says about him, how he only takes over talented lists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens inside Waite's head sometimes? That non-kick fuff-up was plain ridiculous.
I'm guessing sometimes nothing actually happens.

I absolutely love Jarrad, always have and his natural talent and athleticism is off the charts... but some days I wish he had a stronger, smarter footy brain.

Why would you bother?

He coached well tonight. The team is improving its effort and discipline. Who cares if he hates post game press conferences and doesn't bother to hide it?
Ummm is the team improving? I seem to recall moves forward under Ratts which attracted positive member and media sentiment. For me the question is why have we gone backwards under MM even if we sometimes show signs of being a very good footy team?

Yes congrats to the Dockers! But I don't believe they played better than us for most of the game.
The losers won. Full stop. Perhaps they will collapse in the finals , but they sure need to lift something . Pav is no loss by the way. Fyfe so he won the game by the words of the TV experts , well if that's all Freo have got, they better start getting their act together.

This is what disappoints me the most:

Graham, 10 disposals.

Johnson, 3 disposals.

I'd have hoped we'd be seeing more from Nicky. You can see why he gets the sub vest so often. Johnson, well, he's a kid. He's had a few good weeks. Probably won't play next week though.
This is a third round pick and a rookie, both young and green. They will not have the impact of a top 5 first or second year player early in their careers.

We have been baying for Mick to blood some youngsters and now he has. They will be better for it. And so will we in the future if they are up for the challenge.

Ummm is the team improving? I seem to recall moves forward under Ratts which attracted positive member and media sentiment. For me the question is why have we gone backwards under MM even if we sometimes show signs of being a very good footy team?
:confused:

Yep, like Fyfe and Mundy and Barlow and Beams and Swan and Mitchell etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Boak, Sellwood, Cotchin, Palmer, Dangerfield, Hill, Hartlett, Trengrove, Martin, Bennel, Heppel, Prestia, Coniglio, Tyson, Wingard, Whitefield

Then go back further to guys like Judd, Hodge etc

No doubt great players have been found deeper in the draft, not saying they havent, but a top 6 pick gives us first crack at some of the best out there that can build 14 year careers as premer midfielders.

We havent had that since Murphy. When you think about that, and how great hes been for us, it seems ludacris we havent or dont try to get something like that going again

Must this infiltrate every thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back