No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this on AFL.com . . .

it took until this week for big Ivan to admit why Richmond was a slow starter this year - because it was below par in training standards early in the year......you just have to wonder how complacency could have been allowed to be tolerated.
Richmond are just a bizarre club so bereft of success that they think they can coast to a flag after simply making the finals once . . .

Just a general "other clubs" point, that is GREAT for us. Doing the ladder calculator and being harsh on our results and generous to ALL other contenders for top 4 and it looks like we should finish between top spot and 3rd (depending on the wins you give us) and if we do finish 3rd, the likely team to finish second will be the Cats. Melbourne final in the first week looks a lock as long as we can get 3 of the last 5 games won.

Thanks to the coaching mastermind Ross Lyon for resting Sandi and a couple of others against the Saints (seriously, when will this guy learn not to rest stars against his old side let alone how to win a premiership??) and thanks to Darren Burgess for ensuring Port ran outta steam and dropped 4 vital games late in the season. Even if they come back on song now, they are cooked for an all important home final. These late season aberrations have been great to watch, and very helpful to our cause in overcoming the worlds worst injury run.

Apparently injuries are what killed the $wans last year, so lets hope we can show them how it is done this year.

I just read this on AFL.com . . .

Richmond are just a bizarre club so bereft of success that they think they can coast to a flag after simply making the finals once . . .
Jeezus christ, or should I say... Matttyyy Spannggheerrrr, I heard a comment from the Hawks players saying that the Tigers were the biggest sledgers and up themselves group going around. They would continually sledge during matches, even when they were finishing 9th or 10th apparently. Might say something about what they thought of their performance last year.

To be fair, yes he made a bad effort at the end, but there were two clear mistakes prior to that which has the players delivered on simple skills, it would never have needed to eventuate.

Docherty kicks out on the full. resulting kick from Freo, casboult dropped a soda (and by soda I mean an absolute soda), spillage sees Freo go forward, stoppage. Wood blindly kicks it, Freo goal.

He's about level with Warnock, but at least Wood competes around the ground.

i agree there are more than a few players on Carltons list that shouldn't be playing AFL, you don't have to convince me......

We just have to make sure it doesnt happen to us. I consider our North loss to be the Richmond loss we usually have each year.
Exactly what I had thought. We usually play a game, late in the season, where we should win and we just don't turn up. Last 2 years it has been the Tiggers, this year I think it was that Kangas game. The win we had to have. I think it makes even more of a point to have that loss against a club well below you on the ladder or talent. It really galvanizes the fact that you have to be on your game or you will lose. Compare that to the Swans losing against us and they could still well think they are a good chance to beat most other sides, which could lead to complacency.

I am feeling a bit conflicted about tonights match. Too teams i hate but the $wans have overtaken the bummers as my most hated team and I will be screaming at the TV for them to get up.

I am feeling a bit conflicted about tonights match. Too teams i hate but the $wans have overtaken the bummers as my most hated team and I will be screaming at the TV for them to get up.

No conflict for me - will be cheering hard for the injectors and then again for north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but does anyone have a list of our players and their contract expiry's?

It may be a long shot, but who knows what some people possess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back