Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Right, because our society encourages men to report violent assaults committed against them by women:rolleyes:
If you're assaulted you're assaulted, be that by a man or women. If your bullshit macho pride doesn't allow you admit that you get a smack from a woman, then it's your problem, not that of society.

If you're assaulted you're assaulted, be that by a man or women. If your bullshit macho pride doesn't allow you admit that you get a smack from a woman, then it's your problem, not that of society.
So why do homosexual assaults from relationship have similar struggles when coming to reporting.

Besides, with such an incendiary opening post (and title), clearly positioning men as the enemy of women everywhere, what else did you expect? .
Are you really that precious, is your ego really that fragile, that you take such deep umbrage over, what is a pretty tame, thread title?
I know:
Code magenta, code lilac, code burnt umber.

That's numberwang, rotate the board

Are you really that precious, is your ego really that fragile, that you take such deep umbrage over, what is a pretty tame, thread title?
Says the one of the posters continually following me around Bigfooty looking to get upset over something I say. Seems I have you wrapped around my little finger.

I know:
Code magenta, code lilac, code burnt umber.
No male knows those colours, you must be a woman.

While Menzel is marginalising the issue to a certain extent, your point suggests that it is a problem with society (to a certain extent). Macho pride is as much a gender stereotype as being a meek cook, although gender stereotypes have left men with far more pros than cons and women the other way round, it is important not to marginalise the cons of one for the sake of the cons of the other.

If a man reported that he had been sexually or physically assaulted by a woman, a lot of officers would be professional about it, but it's the presence of that archetype of the one who will laugh about it or crack jokes that stops (some) men from coming forward, suggesting that it is solely their problem that causes them to have an issue with reporting I see as victim blaming. Nobody (reasonable) would suggest a woman should just get over their fear and dependency of their abusive husband and just go to the police.

Yes, obviously the situation of pride (or fear of mocking or being seen as less of a man) is different and not really comparable to the issues abused women face, but the issues are there, it's not just an issue with the guy.

99.9999% of depictions of sexual assault and abuse against women depicts it rightfully as a horrific event (admittedly some depict it as horrific with unsavory motives).
However, a considerable proportion of media depicts the sexual and physical assault of men from women as hilarious, I mean false equivelancy and all that, but could you imagine if the roles in that 'relationship' in the Wedding Crashers movie had been reversed? It would have been a sickening movie boycotted by a large number of people.

"Men's Rights" groups tend to have ulterior motives and are far too skewed in the way they view issues, but there are issues in modern society men face (often due to the attitudes of other men, at least in personal experience), not analogous or equivalent to the issues women face, but you don't have to discount one to support the other as so many do*.

*disclaimer: on both sides

Or to put it another way;1 a month is shameful and shocking so if it's anything remotely approaching that stat it's a disgraceful indictment on the state of our community.
It a disgrace both sides.

and you know the colours....:rolleyes:
This whole code business reminds of the hankie code in the old days.
hankysmall1.jpg

There really doesn't seem to be too many degrees of difference between this whole men's rights business and homosexuality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There really doesn't seem to be too many degrees of difference between this whole men's rights business and homosexuality.
I'd bet a fair portion of the mens rights community would be homosexual. But instead of embracing that in a positive way and acknowledging they take a detour and end up in a woman hating ideology.

They'd be much happier if they came to terms with their sexual identity.

If you want to read something really laughable, read the Daily Life or the Huffington Post. Honestly, pampered white western women tying themselves into knots over imaginary issues and those evul menz and the evul patriarchy, those capitalist pigs who clearly were responsible for increase in the cost of her latte which ruined her morning and must also be made to pay because, well it's just "that time of the month" and she needs to roar at something with another withering demonstration of rhetoric that no-one outside the fangrrl and white knight army actually listens to.

Then of course the trolls descend and all hell breaks loose. Feminist - mentally unstable.

fembitch-300x254.png
Definitely on her period. (See, I can do it too!)

If you want to read something really laughable, read the Daily Life or the Huffington Post. Honestly, pampered white western women tying themselves into knots over imaginary issues and those evul menz and the evul patriarchy, those capitalist pigs who clearly were responsible for increase in the cost of her latte which ruined her morning and must also be made to pay because, well it's just "that time of the month" and she needs to roar at something with another withering demonstration of rhetoric that no-one outside the fangrrl and white knight army actually listens to.

Then of course the trolls descend and all hell breaks loose. Feminist - mentally unstable.

View attachment 72613
Definitely on her period. (See, I can do it too!)
You losers must have that pic on file.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back