Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rotation policy needs to stay. I think it was a great idea by the board and had every clubs interests in mind when they made the decision. I think what needs to happen is each club is advised as to what needs improving to host the GF and a dead line date is given. Its as simple as if these requirements are not meet by XXXX date then you forfeit your turn to host and you go to the back of the line.
I think you'll find this is near exactly what has occured, with the exception being that more and more time , in hindsight wrongly, was given !

I think you'll find this is near exactly what has occured, with the exception being that more and more time , in hindsight wrongly, was given !

That's good to know. So the rotation policy isn't the issue here, its the fact Mathoura were allowed more time.
The only point im trying to make is the rotation policy is a great idea and shouldn't be thrown out because of this incident. As you said ROAR in hindsight more time should not of been given.
This is a good wake up call to all clubs, especially Picola. If Picola need to do certain work on their facilities to be up to standard they need to start planning and working now. The last thing the board needs to be doing now is trying to fight and argue with clubs at this time of the year. They need all the resources to plan their final series.

One question for Mathaz, who is paying for the legal costs if that were to go ahead?

Legals don't come cheap, think I would rather put the money into facilities or say moving lights.
It comes down to vna making statement that if the posts are padded the gf can go ahead at mathoura

Yarraweyah to host the grand final. Good luck to them huge job ahead.

It's interesting that I've heard another club offered Mathaz use of their facilities some time ago so it appears the lights may not be the main issue.

I'm sure Mathoura are disappointed but I have to say I'm not sure how much more anyone could have done for them. Extra year, another club offering facilities, left to very last minute to make the change.

Perhaps right back when the rotations were issued they should have assessed whether they thought they needed more time and arranged a rotation swap. Easy in hindsight I guess.

I sincerely hope this does not derail the rotation system but I can see it may.

However It appears "gifting" the right to hold it has diminished the importance of the day and that it's the MOST IMPORTANT Football/netball event for the PDFNL.

It's purpose is not to give your club/community an injection of funds that's the reward at the end for a lot of hard work.

Anyway finals are here back to the tipping. I'll go Andrew May for the medal.
Who will get rising star? I haven't seen many games.
Premiers: Jerilderie 9 points.
The league inspected the ground after renovations were done & light poles were not mentioned, until about 3 weeks agoweeks ago!!

The league inspected the ground after renovations were done & light poles were not mentioned, until about 3 weeks agoweeks ago!!
The courts did feature within a agreement , which was entered into last year , with all work to be completed by March 15th . The written discussion involving that agreement mentioned many things like ' the league requirements ', ' the PDFNL's expectation ' ' non negotiable '.
We are now in August and many things remain outstanding .
Yes some will whinge and take pot shots at individuals however the league is upholding the expected standard of a PDFNL finals host .
Is it really a bad thing for the league that the board is maintaining the expected standard. ??

I understand your angry but there is far more to hosting a granny than just facilities and light poles etc.

All the other preparation boxes have to be ticked and the league confident you are ready to cater for such a big day. If you've been slow in ticking things off sorry but it's the Grand Final it is the priority.

The board has to be confident your ready, if they aren't they actually have a responsibility to the other clubs to take action.

As Mac said wake up call to all clubs going forward.

Last edited:
Wilty for someone that's moved to 3 different clubs in as little as 5 or so yrs need not talk about commitment and preparation, Mathoura have had all in place ready to host the final with a power of workers ready and still are, not everyone sits on Facebook or forums we actually in Mathoura believe it or not, like to discuss things face to face for better value and not mis interpret things. Good luck to all sides competing tomorrow Go the timber cutters.

The same mob who allegedly launched the Goulburn Murray areas strategic plan and didn't invite MFL, PDFNL or GVFL ?
Or the one that sent out a letter stating that all leagues raised concerns about player payments in recent meeting that none of the above leagues no anything of ?
or the one that held a review into umpiring last year and some just didn't happen to get a invite ?
or that held a meeting at the start of the year to address tribunal issues after all leagues had raised it , yet none of the above leagues plus others have history of raising, nor have any of the outcomes been actioned ?
or the one that makes decisions yet refuses to provide any answers as to why ?
or the one that claims stakeholders don't support something, yet haven't contacted the majority of them and refuse to call some of them back ?
or the one that wanted to put an increased levy onto clubs ?
or the one who is to act in the best interest of all affiliates ??
Lets be honest trouble within the PDFNL increases there chance of making a additional $35K a year, which clubs will pay ?
Have a chat with swanpool -tatong or longwood, who are alledgely coping similar at the moment , for a idea of what can happen to a club like Mathoura and without any reasoning at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilty for someone that's moved to 3 different clubs in as little as 5 or so yrs need not talk about commitment and preparation, Mathoura have had all in place ready to host the final with a power of workers ready and still are, not everyone sits on Facebook or forums we actually in Mathoura believe it or not, like to discuss things face to face for better value and not mis interpret things. Good luck to all sides competing tomorrow Go the timber cutters.

Well lets get my life story straight first. I started as a junior at deni rovers in 1980 . As you well know my family has been involved their since it's inception. I moved to blighty in about 1986 with my husband and as you well know he and his brothers played at blighty their whole footballing life. I Stayed their until 2011 when we went to rovers for a crack at the first flag with my son in the hope of winning it for my brothers. then my son decided to play with his mates and went to rams. So I have been PDFL for geez 35+ years. Enough commitment for ya or does the truth not serve your purpose?

The same mob who allegedly launched the Goulburn Murray areas strategic plan and didn't invite MFL, PDFNL or GVFL ?
Or the one that sent out a letter stating that all leagues raised concerns about player payments in recent meeting that none of the above leagues no anything of ?
or the one that held a review into umpiring last year and some just didn't happen to get a invite ?
or that held a meeting at the start of the year to address tribunal issues after all leagues had raised it , yet none of the above leagues plus others have history of raising, nor have any of the outcomes been actioned ?
or the one that claims stakeholders don't support something, yet haven't contacted the majority of them and refuse to call some of them back ?
Lets be honest trouble within the PDFNL increases there chance of making a additional $35K a year, which clubs will pay ?
Have a chat with swanpool -tatong or longwood, who are alledgely coping similar at the moment , for a idea of what can happen to a club like Mathoura and without any reasoning at all.
Think "Roar" needs to forget the past and get over his vendetta against Mathoura so we can all get back to a successful league.

Think "Roar" needs to forget the past and get over his vendetta against Mathoura so we can all get back to a successful league.
If there was a Vandetta and that one person had all the say would you think that Mathoura would have been at the front of the que or the back ??
as for success of the league , record return to clubs $$$, over double what has previously been recorded , higher player numbers per club , first time in 15 years all clubs have had all football sides , more players in TAC than ever before . Big in Murray goulburn school boys 2 years in a row , first time ever .
One club being pissed off and choosing to blame one person doesn't make a unhappy or unsuccessful league .
Yes the board has made contact with all PDFNL NW clubs and has also received support from other leagues .

If there was a Vandetta and that one person had all the say would you think that Mathoura would have been at the front of the que or the back ??
as for success of the league , record return to clubs $$$, over double what has previously been recorded , higher player numbers per club , first time in 15 years all clubs have had all football sides , more players in TAC than ever before . Big in Murray goulburn school boys 2 years in a row , first time ever .
One club being pissed off and choosing to blame one person doesn't make a unhappy or unsuccessful league .
Yes the board has made contact with all PDFNL NW clubs and has also received support from other leagues .
Yes but one pissed off person makes a league and a club look very very bad.

Well lets get my life story straight first. I started as a junior at deni rovers in 1980 . As you well know my family has been involved their since it's inception. I moved to blighty in about 1986 with my husband and as you well know he and his brothers played at blighty their whole footballing life. I Stayed their until 2011 when we went to rovers for a crack at the first flag with my son in the hope of winning it for my brothers. then my son decided to play with his mates and went to rams. So I have been PDFL for geez 35+ years. Enough commitment for ya or does the truth not serve your purpose?
All I'm saying wilty is maybe if you come to your 4th club in the district you could actually see how we run and therefor voice your opinions about our fantastic club, all in all in my opinion our club put in hard work along with murray shire to get it where it needed to be, let's be honest and I'm not sure how it all works but every week two people from each side walk the playing surfaces etc, roar would know more on this, I'm assuming every side plays at each sides home ground once a yr, in that risk assessment how many times has it been noted the posts are very unsafe? If it were they shouldn't be allowed to play on it yea? Every week I seen sides playing on it, which to me states all sides were happy with it, if it's good all yr and has been for a number of yrs and to my knowledge no one has ever hit nor been injured by the posts. I think it sucks that it's come to this when in all honesty people aren't going to watch players be collected by light posts at our marquee game put bigger pads on them and no controversy over it no one would be none the wiser, I'm hearing courts have to be facing a correct way aswell and if we stick to these guidelines yarraweah prob shouldn't have the grand final being east west facing? We could go on for weeks about it reality is no one knows the full actuall facts, the shire and all involved with community businesses and football club players/sponsors are meeting early next week to discuss options on moving ahead.

Agreed the league already had a poor name now its looking like more of a joke over something so ridiculous.. And still no answer on why they had a prelim and not an issue??

Interesting to bring in swanpool tatong and longwood - big differences in circumstances between these clubs so not sure what your point is.
As regards to your finals debarkle.... imagine for a second that not only does your club miss out on hosting a final - it misses out on hosting a game, any game in the season. IMAGINE... for just one second you don't get to go to footy this Saturday, you don't get to see those faces, you don't get a chance to sing your club song, and you don't get to sit with your mates of the last 10 years and have a beer and chat about the game and club you love.... IMAGINE not having the opportunity to do that. Whoever gets to play football or netball this weekend should start appreciating that, the rest is just silver lining.

Interesting to bring in swanpool tatong and longwood - big differences in circumstances between these clubs so not sure what your point is.
As regards to your finals debarkle.... imagine for a second that not only does your club miss out on hosting a final - it misses out on hosting a game, any game in the season. IMAGINE... for just one second you don't get to go to footy this Saturday, you don't get to see those faces, you don't get a chance to sing your club song, and you don't get to sit with your mates of the last 10 years and have a beer and chat about the game and club you love.... IMAGINE not having the opportunity to do that. Whoever gets to play football or netball this weekend should start appreciating that, the rest is just silver lining.

Hey Fitfan I'm so sorry things didn't turn out so well. I loved the samaria suns concept and how you packaged that from what I could see anyway. Shame the powers that be didn't think along those lines in the first place.
I think roar was saying difference in our management. The others trying to interfere with us I think.
Anyway I'm sure you guys are gutted as I could feel every word of that post.
All the best

Last edited:
All I'm saying wilty is maybe if you come to your 4th club in the district you could actually see how we run and therefor voice your opinions about our fantastic club, all in all in my opinion our club put in hard work along with murray shire to get it where it needed to be, let's be honest and I'm not sure how it all works but every week two people from each side walk the playing surfaces etc, roar would know more on this, I'm assuming every side plays at each sides home ground once a yr, in that risk assessment how many times has it been noted the posts are very unsafe? If it were they shouldn't be allowed to play on it yea? Every week I seen sides playing on it, which to me states all sides were happy with it, if it's good all yr and has been for a number of yrs and to my knowledge no one has ever hit nor been injured by the posts. I think it sucks that it's come to this when in all honesty people aren't going to watch players be collected by light posts at our marquee game put bigger pads on them and no controversy over it no one would be none the wiser, I'm hearing courts have to be facing a correct way aswell and if we stick to these guidelines yarraweah prob shouldn't have the grand final being east west facing? We could go on for weeks about it reality is no one knows the full actuall facts, the shire and all involved with community businesses and football club players/sponsors are meeting early next week to discuss options on moving ahead.
Gorilla I will respond to you because I know who you ain't a dickhead , I actually have respect for you and that is not potting anyone else .
I can also vouch that plenty have complained and expressed that they incurred injury by hitting the posts .
There are things other than the light poles which have not been met .
There have been a number of different opportunities suggested.
Swap venues and hold GF in 2015 , rejected
Hold at any other venue , which the PDFNL agreed to .
Hold at the venue Mathoura entered into agreement with last year .
All were rejected .
Everyone feels s**t about this and I saw a similar situation drag on for 2 months last year .

Last edited:
Hey Fitfan I'm so sorry things didn't turn out so well. I loved the samaria suns concept and how you packaged that from what I could see anyway. Shame the powers that be didn't think along those lines in the first place.
I think roar was saying difference in our management. The others trying to interfere with us I think.
Anyway I'm sure you guys are gutted as I could feel every word of that post. All the best!!

Thanks, but word is only one club supported our bid, not just the "powers that be" so we are left with the question of why the hell our time and what is most likely our last opportunity was wasted on a league that had no intention of expanding. We were in recess when the league opened the door - why wasn't the discussion held then about whether this league wants another team in, why didn't your board discuss what they thought about clubs in recess? At least we knew we were getting screwed by our previous league...
I've said my bit. Good luck all for the teams and finalists - enjoy it while you still have it.

GM, from all accounts it's more than the lights.

My main concern has been to keep the rotation policy to give everyone an equal chance.

Perhaps in hindsight you would have been better off a bit further down the Que just from a planning perspective?

Last edited:
Gorilla I will respond to you because I know who you ain't a dickhead , I actually have respect for you and that is not potting anyone else .
I can also vouch that plenty have complained and expressed that they incurred injury by hitting the posts .
There are things other than the light poles which have not been met .
There have been a number of different opportunities suggested.
Swap venues and hold GF in 2015 , rejected
Hold at any other venue , which the PDFNL agreed to .
Hold at the venue Mathoura entered into agreement with last year .
All were rejected .
Everyone feels s**t about this and I saw a similar situation drag on for 2 months last year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back