Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawford was best by a long way, schifferle a great runner, and looked like he got them going.

Crawford dominated completely when game was to be won

All berrigans key players were excellent Russell , pattern , mynards, Middleton.

Number 20s run was the key to breaking it open.

Big turn around on a flogging from blighty some weeks ago.

They can win again this week

:)Would like to give the thumbs up to the PDFNL and the Toc Football & Netball club for hosting the North West junior vote count. Great evening, well done to all.

Didn't see you there today wilty,There was a great show of support for our community/club at the meeting, you prob should of come along to hear what come of it as it was open to all. I must say I was very disappointed in the few that didn't show up.

Didn't see you there today wilty,There was a great show of support for our community/club at the meeting, you prob should of come along to hear what come of it as it was open to all. I must say I was very disappointed in the few that didn't show up.

I'm confident in how that was going to pan out!! Let's see if I'm close?

IMO It's not about Mathoura footy club now it's about tom Weyrich. He has been very vocal about legal action he won't back down he would rather waste thousands and I do mean thousands of ratepayers dollars on legal action.

The sad thing is all he had to do was spend what would probably be less dollars and move the lights if he was so keen on retaining the final for the benefit of the Mathoura community.

Your club will battle to get funding for a full upgrade this was your clubs chance to at least improve the safety for players going forward.

I hope clubs back our league and refuse to play on the Mathoura courts as their are safer options available on the day.
It's grand final day they deserve the best!!

The league has tried to help your club you could have spent zero dollars and used another's clubs facilities this time around to inject around the $20k into your club. In your clubs wisdom you have chosen to reject all offers.

What everyone needs to remember is this is the grand final it's the showcase day for our league. The rotation system was to share the $$$ from catering etc on an equal basis. As other leagues do that have one set place and rotate food and bar etc. If you want your club to be the hosting ground it has to meet the STANDARD the league wishes to set for that day if you can't afford the upgrades use another venue. The league has to be consistent with this to ensure our day of days is in fact a showcase.

So am I right has he gone down the legal action road?

He does realise your club will be paying your equal share of league legal costs which could also add up to thousands?

I hope I'm wrong!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:
I'm confident in how that was going to pan out!! Let's see if I'm close?

IMO It's not about Mathoura footy club now it's about tom Weyrich. He has been very vocal about legal action he won't back down he would rather waste thousands and I do mean thousands of ratepayers dollars on legal action.

The sad thing is all he had to do was spend what would probably be less dollars and move the lights if he was so keen on retaining the final for the benefit of the Mathoura community.

Your club will battle to get funding for a full upgrade this was your clubs chance to at least improve the safety for players going forward.

I hope clubs back our league and refuse to play on the Mathoura courts as their are safer options available on the day.
It's grand final day they deserve the best!!

The league has tried to help your club you could have spent zero dollars and used another's clubs facilities this time around to inject around the $20k into your club. In your clubs wisdom you have chosen to reject all offers.

What everyone needs to remember is this is the grand final it's the showcase day for our league. The rotation system was to share the $$$ from catering etc on an equal basis. As other leagues do that have one set place and rotate food and bar etc. If you want your club to be the hosting ground it has to meet the STANDARD the league wishes to set for that day if you can't afford the upgrades use another venue. The league has to be consistent with this to ensure our day of days is in fact a showcase.

So am I right has he gone down the legal action road?

He does realise your club will be paying your equal share of league legal costs which could also add up to thousands?

I hope I'm wrong!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Not too sure but not every club has access to the required dollars/funding to get their facilities to as you put it 'The Standard the league sets'.

For example, from what I can gather the rovers netball courts were built due to one of their committee members dipping into his pocket to help bankroll their new facilities (correct me if I'm wrong, as you may know more details) to get them finished by grand final day, unfortunately not all clubs have a knight in shining armour that can do this for them. (Nothing against the rovers for it, all power to them as no club would knock it back)

And its just not about getting the grab from Grand Final day, I would've thought in my opinion that every club deserves the right to host the grand final on the rotational basis that was bought in, at their HOME ground, as it not only provides monetary value to the club itself it also brings people into their town, who may or may not, buy fuel, food, etc and support the local shops before or after the days play.

So its not just all about the hosting Football/Netball Club entirely.

Do we realise that we are a minor/grassroots league and should help support ALL clubs by giving them an opportunity to host any finals including the grand final at their ground?

Not too sure but not every club has access to the required dollars/funding to get their facilities to as you put it 'The Standard the league sets'.

For example, from what I can gather the rovers netball courts were built due to one of their committee members dipping into his pocket to help bankroll their new facilities (correct me if I'm wrong, as you may know more details) to get them finished by grand final day, unfortunately not all clubs have a knight in shining armour that can do this for them. (Nothing against the rovers for it, all power to them as no club would knock it back)

And its just not about getting the grab from Grand Final day, I would've thought in my opinion that every club deserves the right to host the grand final on the rotational basis that was bought in, at their HOME ground, as it not only provides monetary value to the club itself it also brings people into their town, who may or may not, buy fuel, food, etc and support the local shops before or after the days play.

Do we realise that we are a minor/grassroots league and should help support ALL clubs by giving them an opportunity to host any finals including the grand final at their ground?

If it went to court and Mathoura won would the league have pay all costs?? Lets just hope commen sense comes out of this, I'm sure you would find most clubs would have something that does not meet the standard requirements..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I understand all of that and you are right. But would you have wanted to play a grand final and have used their old visitors change rooms? Standard not met so needed to upgrade before allowed a granny but perfectly fine for say a prelim.

We are the only league to offer this to clubs and their communities but we are going to have set standards that will be asked for as it's a grand final. Surely the day demands that?

it's insulting for you to think this league does not understand grass roots football. This board brought the rotation system in and all the reasons you have given are exactly why the rotation system was brought in.

Without the granny would Mathaz have ever updated their visitors change rooms?

Come on get a grip the league has been more than accommodating.

As you said the opportunity was there isn't it up to them to ensure they make the most of it and do what's required so it isn't lost?

They would never have been asked to do what rovers did that was rovers choice.

You don't win a premiership without a lot of work you don't host a granny without a lot of work. It's not a gimme.

If it went to court and Mathoura won would the league have pay all costs?? Lets just hope commen sense comes out of this, I'm sure you would find most clubs would have something that does not meet the standard requirements..

Mathoura would still be responsible for their equal share.

Why didn't Mathoura host it last year?? Things needed upgrading for a granny.

Do you know what the standard requirements the league ask for even are?

I think we all need to move on. Yarroweyah is hosting the 2014 GF. I think everybody involved are being a little short sighted. At a club and league level decisions need to be made for 5-10 year down the track, not just for the moment. The talk of legal action IMO is stupid. The league (if they haven't already) need to supply Mathoura with reasons as to why the decision to move the GF to Yarroweyah and Mathoura need to put plans into place now to rectify the outstanding issues. Move on and apply to host the GF next year. We all need to look further past our own personal pride and agenda and achieve what is best for the clubs and league. We all need to look forward, not back

Yes I understand all of that and you are right. But would you have wanted to play a grand final and have used their old visitors change rooms? Standard not met so needed to upgrade before allowed a granny but perfectly fine for say a prelim.

We are the only league to offer this to clubs and their communities but we are going to have set standards that will be asked for as it's a grand final. Surely the day demands that?

it's insulting for you to think this league does not understand grass roots football. This board brought the rotation system in and all the reasons you have given are exactly why the rotation system was brought in.

Without the granny would Mathaz have ever updated their visitors change rooms?

Come on get a grip the league has been more than accommodating.

As you said the opportunity was there isn't it up to them to ensure they make the most of it and do what's required so it isn't lost?

They would never have been asked to do what rovers did that was rovers choice.

You don't win a premiership without a lot of work you don't host a granny without a lot of work. It's not a gimme.

Haven't the rooms been updated and now the visiting team uses the old home rooms??? Obviously a requirement set down by the league. So they obviously met that one.

Did I say they were asked to do what rovers did? I said they had backing to get their courts done....so funds were available to them, just making a point!

Not every club can/does gain access to grants.. cause there is a mountain of paperwork to be done and a lot of funds stay in the city/metro areas so the country guys miss out most times.

But costs are a factor, when you talk about Standards that are set, some clubs have access to spare funds and some don't and I would think this does/would be taken into account... so they don't miss out!

I think we all need to move on. Yarroweyah is hosting the 2014 GF. I think everybody involved are being a little short sighted. At a club and league level decisions need to be made for 5-10 year down the track, not just for the moment. The talk of legal action IMO is stupid. The league (if they haven't already) need to supply Mathoura with reasons as to why the decision to move the GF to Yarroweyah and Mathoura need to put plans into place now to rectify the outstanding issues. Move on and apply to host the GF next year. We all need to look further past our own personal pride and agenda and achieve what is best for the clubs and league. We all need to look forward, not back

Couldn't agree more Mac.

When did you get so wise.... old age perhaps? haha

The clubs will equally share the costs incurred by the league . So in essence Mathoura , as would be the case in any matter against the league , would be fighting the remaining clubs and eating into their funds .
I don't think anyone has ever questioned the remaining requests made by the league and the requests are in line with what every other club has been asked since the rotation system has been put in place . There is substantial evidence that they are being treated exactly the same if not favoured more so than others .
There was another club who faced a final being staged elsewhere recently and the issue was rectified without anyone other than those two parties knowing anything of it . No s**t flinging , talk of legal action or anything of the sought . The longer this harbours on the longer and larger the angst from the remaining PDFNL stake holders will become . It is building by the day I can assure you .
The league has provided all clubs with the opportunity of 6 finals every 9 years . Has Mathoura ever had that amount of finals , let alone in that time frame ?

Want to put on a spectacle and create some history. Play it a Toc every year. Central , best surface when prepared for a grand final . Best viewing facilities on both sides of ground plus "the hill".

I see rovers painted there ground looked ridiculous

Want to put on a spectacle and create some history. Play it a Toc every year. Central , best surface when prepared for a grand final . Best viewing facilities on both sides of ground plus "the hill".

I see rovers painted there ground looked ridiculous
First person I have heard have a negative comment about it . I thought it looked great and would think it will be done at other venues , including this year, after clubs seen it .
What didn't you like about it ?

First person I have heard have a negative comment about it . I thought it looked great and would think it will be done at other venues , including this year, after clubs seen it .

It looked odd, I know toc used to treat there ovals with the stuff used on golf greens about a month out from grand final and it used to come up an absolute treat then mowed both ways. I'd be exploring using that on the ovals

Some players commented on the green painted oval. Said it mostly had enough cover but there were patches of bare dirt, but hey it was green dirt! Plenty of green boots after all games.

Haven't the rooms been updated and now the visiting team uses the old home rooms??? Obviously a requirement set down by the league. So they obviously met that one.

Did I say they were asked to do what rovers did? I said they had backing to get their courts done....so funds were available to them, just making a point!

Not every club can/does gain access to grants.. cause there is a mountain of paperwork to be done and a lot of funds stay in the city/metro areas so the country guys miss out most times.

But costs are a factor, when you talk about Standards that are set, some clubs have access to spare funds and some don't and I would think this does/would be taken into account... so they don't miss out!
Costs are only a issue is there is charge.
The only costs required for the most part was time, and if half the time that was spent yesterday by the same people was spent at the club addressing the issues raised 16-17 months this would have most likely been rectified months ago .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back