Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

10592924_753012638088746_2536948204416575879_n.jpg

Ive been playing spot the difference for the last 2 hours but for the life of me cant find it.. Anyone?
I know that our local council has an active neutering policy on one of the species pictured.

I'm hoping it's the one on the right.

Schoenmakers and suckling out, if we seriously want the premiership. Both are 2-3 goal a game liabilities... i.e around 25 points combined. Not harsh on them but much better contributors available for selection right now. Schoemakers clumsy at best, suckling kills the flow of ball movement with bad decison making fancy kicking.
This clearly is the case and could not agree more. Pls replace both and Gus needs to come in for Suckling...

Remember when Hawkins kicked that goal and did that smug FU face to the nearby Hawks supporters? I remember it. I will always remember it. I hope he always remembers it. Smug prick.

Come on. If it was Gunston doing the same you'd be lauding him for giving it back to the fans.

Hawkins would of been copping it from the cheer squad. All he did was grin, could of done a lot more.

I don't like the guy much but it's just part of the theatre

In retrospect, the second quarter on Saturday may have been the quarter we had to have... and may prove to be the most important quarter of football of our entire year. It emphasised exactly what happens when you're off the pace and not controlling the game properly. It was addressed resoundingly in the third when our ball movement picked up enormously, yet we still timed it every now and then to slow it down to give our guys time to spread. The second quarter will be great ammo for Clarko to take into the finals. This is what happens when you take your foot off the pedal. It'll be a timely reminder for each of our finals games. Time. To. Become. Ruthless.

This clearly is the case and could not agree more. Pls replace both and Gus needs to come in for Suckling...

Harsh on Suckling, but we looked so much better when he was not in defense. Gus for mine. When Rioli is back, there is going to be 1 very unlucky player. But thats the harsh reality of being part of a premiership side.

I'm hoping we're finally starting to learn how to exert our post '11 superiority over that mob. No question they've had a mental hold over us since that fateful, beautiful day in '08, and you could see signs of that yet again the first half. But the cream should always ultimately rise to the top, and that's what we're seeing now. Hopefully. We should go into any final against them with great confidence.

As for their game day thread it ran pretty similar to ours except in reverse - the only thing we don't have are the simpering bimbos teriyakicat and squishy kitty - the constant reference to the poos and the wee speaks volumes. I'm sure one of them has to be this chick

They are both chicks.
Not that it matters.

But you've found the reason I have both on ignore.

Harsh on Suckling, but we looked so much better when he was not in defense. Gus for mine. When Rioli is back, there is going to be 1 very unlucky player. But thats the harsh reality of being part of a premiership side.

Yes. we improved 300% when he went off, sounds harsh but them the facts...

I think that our back 6 may be settled now, unfortunately I don't think Gus will get another sniff...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are both chicks.
Not that it matters.

But you've found the reason I have both on ignore.

I too am a "chick" (probably more an old boiler) hence the reason for the "simpering bimbo" tag that I labelled them with BUT ban me now if that's the quality of my input to these and other boards. I understand your need for the ignore button

Funny that most of the media are saying the Cats put the cue int he rack after half time. They must not have seen the Cats second halves for the latter part of this year. We ran over the top of them and that won't change in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can start much better and ice it after half time.

Funny that most of the media are saying the Cats put the cue int he rack after half time. They must not have seen the Cats second halves for the latter part of this year. We ran over the top of them and that won't change in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can start much better and ice it after half time.
We are trying to dissect what happened on our board. And we are struggling.
Maybe we are being optimistic / looking for excuses *shrugs*

But there is one very weird stat that has emerged.
We were down to 2 on the bench from midway through the 3rd quarter (none of us knew that)
And yet, they didn't rotate. They only used 96 rotations.

And would they be saying that if the roles had been reversed? No, all talk would be of curses and hoodoos, Hawthorn being mentally weak etc. etc.

Luke Darcy called Langford "Dangerfield-like" :eek:

Gunston slightly rolled his ankle, but no worries
Suckling tweaked a knee, just a bit sore after being subbed out at halftime

I said that a few weeks back, what does that say about me when Darcy agrees. Think I might pack it in now.

We are trying to dissect what happened on our board. And we are struggling.
Maybe we are being optimistic / looking for excuses *shrugs*

But there is one very weird stat that has emerged.
We were down to 2 on the bench from midway through the 3rd quarter (none of us knew that)
And yet, they didn't rotate. They only used 96 rotations.
I have no doubt both sides were playing around a bit at stages. Not sure if purposely limiting rotations late in the season is the best thing to do. It still stands that your second halves have been poor for about 2 months. Have you guys discussed it on your board. Training load? Fitness? will? anything like that??

Training loads ended about a month ago from all reports.
Yeah you're actually right that purposely limiting rotations this late might not be the best thing to do.

The only real thought was that a few of them needed the game time. But still, that doesn't mean the rest couldn't rotate a lot.
We have got no idea at all as to why we keep fading out.

Yeah you're actually right that purposely limiting rotations this late might not be the best thing to do.

The only real thought was that a few of them needed the game time. But still, that doesn't mean the rest couldn't rotate a lot.
you guys have been well run, i am sure it will be looked at. hope to see you later in September

It cant be too serious. I mean you guys have won the same amount of games as us.
It was only the Swans game that was the real anomaly from a form perspective.

Yes. we improved 300% when he went off, sounds harsh but them the facts...

I think that our back 6 may be settled now, unfortunately I don't think Gus will get another sniff...

See, I don't understand the criticism aimed at Suckling. He was injured in the incident where Bartel did his Oscar performance, 10 minutes into the first quarter.

He wasn't on the ground in the second quarter when the Cats took us apart.

But Suckling is a pretty good scapegoat ...

See, I don't understand the criticism aimed at Suckling. He was injured in the incident where Bartel did his Oscar performance, 10 minutes into the first quarter.

He wasn't on the ground in the second quarter when the Cats took us apart.

But Suckling is a pretty good scapegoat ...

With Schoey out there has to be someone to take the scapegoat mantle.

But he was on the ground for some of the second quarter wasn't he? Not subbed out until half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back