Game Day Round 4, 2023: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG 3:20pm Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say it again, we get nothing around the ground or forward from Meek or Reeves.

Have a look at the teams that win flags. It’s more important to be competitive around the ground. I really don’t care about a centre bounce, it’s such a minuscule part of the game.
I said we had the worst ruck combo in the leauge this week and copped some flak.

Today hasn't really changed my mind even though Meek was better in the first half.

Reeves in particular offers absolutely nothing around the ground. It's like watching a less talented Justin Madden.

Hopefully Sammy drags the on field umpires into the post game huddle, so they catch the spray as well.

They need a good spray after this rubbish officiating today. HTB can actually be paid against those in white and blue.

That was classic then, day goes to contest and they get the tap to a free cat (danger). Seems when the pressure comes back out first thought is to run at the ball instead of holding our game plan.

We still need some senior bodies, cats overpowered us in the middle when the heat is on, Nash getting hurt played a hand to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said we had the worst ruck combo in the leauge this week and copped some flak.

Today hasn't really changed my mind even though Meek was better in the first half.

Reeves in particular offers absolutely nothing around the ground. It's like watching a less talented Justin Madden.

It’s not good when you have zero confidence in your talls being able to mark the ball, even uncontested

Also will say, has not helped us that we have squandered several score chances today, particularly in the first half.

Can’t afford that against experienced sides and particularly where we have a poor forward line

It’s a major factor of course. But it’s not the only thing that contributes to poor performances
It's not like it's whole games of poor form, a quarter of lapses where we aren't able to stop a run is exactly what happens with inexperience.

Our gameplan has had us in control against the reigning premiers for a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back