Game Day Round 4, 2023: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG 3:20pm Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s game day!

Just want to see a good fought out game, some more midfield-forward connection and no injuries!

Expectations well in check for this one tbh

• keen to see how we handle the onslaught that will come our way from the first bounce
  • how we can move the ball against the cats
  • defensive structure across the ground , can we pressure them like GC did
  • can we get bang for buck going forward without a KPF against a rock solid defence

I love these games in a rebuild , normally a harsh reality check or a step forward even if small .

Just on my home fron Anfield (I am from Liverpool but live in North London surrounded by Arsenal), so all the best to those who are there, never give up on our lads and I think we'll get over the line. Go Hawks and have a great day!

A trip to Anfield, then Celtic Park is top of my sporting bucket list.

But for today it is our HAWKS BY PLENTY

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be happy with some effort and intensity all game. Realistically we should lose by 10 goals but if we keep plugging away all game that’s good enough for me

Cats should come out all guns blazing early as their season is on the line. Will be a good test to see how we stand up to the early heat. Will need Newk, Nash, Frost, Sicily, Dimma and Worpel to lead the way with the physicality. Hopefully Meek can impose himself as well. Was disappointed with a couple of his efforts last week.

Can’t let their out of form players like Hawkins get their tail up early. Not expecting a win but a competitive effort with youngsters standing up will be great.

Go Hawks!

This wet weather probably helps us I reckon providing we adapt our style. Still move it forward quickly but need to utilise tap-ons rather than trying to take clean possession every time. Get the ball inside 50 quickly before their defence can get back and fill the space to give our small forwards a chance to win those chaos balls at ground level.

Let's force these handbaggers finally into a rebuild.
Exactly.

Cats at 0-4 would be awesome, but if we can fight out and make them scrap for a dishonourable win that would suffice

Not expecting a win for this one, but expecting one hell of a fight.

Brocky to kick 2+
Day to have 30
Newc to have a couple contested marks
Worps to lead us for clearances
CaMac to get 25
CMac to get 20
Ward to go unnoticed but rack up 25+

Interesting game for Finn imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back