Review What did you learn v dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

First post in a long time on here, have been a long time lurker but feeling like I have to start contributing (if for no reason other than putting Hawthorn flogs on their place on the main board :p)

What I learned today:
1. Tippett is peaking at the right time of year. Buddy has been Buddy for the better part of the year, but today Tippett led well to the ball, applied some decent forward pressure and looked to be moving better than in previous weeks.

2. I love him, but Rhycy Shaw's spot in the side has to be questioned at team selection this week. There's no shortage of guys who can play his role (Jones, Rohan and Biggs all jump to mind) and unless his form and fitness picks up from this week, I can't see us having any room for him in finals.

3. Bontempelli seems like a good kid and has some talent, but gee he's over-hyped. For an apparent Rising Star lock, he sure was shown up Lloyd and Cunningham today.

4. Buddy set to be the second Swan to ever win the Coleman. With minor premiership possible, Joey a chance at the Browlow and Heeney coming next year, it's a bloody good time to be a supporter of this great football club.

First post in a long time on here, have been a long time lurker but feeling like I have to start contributing (if for no reason other than putting Hawthorn flogs on their place on the main board :p)

What I learned today:
1. Tippett is peaking at the right time of year. Buddy has been Buddy for the better part of the year, but today Tippett led well to the ball, applied some decent forward pressure and looked to be moving better than in previous weeks.

2. I love him, but Rhycy Shaw's spot in the side has to be questioned at team selection this week. There's no shortage of guys who can play his role (Jones, Rohan and Biggs all jump to mind) and unless his form and fitness picks up from this week, I can't see us having any room for him in finals.

3. Bontempelli seems like a good kid and has some talent, but gee he's over-hyped. For an apparent Rising Star lock, he sure was shown up Lloyd and Cunningham today.

4. Buddy set to be the second Swan to ever win the Coleman. With minor premiership possible, Joey a chance at the Browlow and Heeney coming next year, it's a bloody good time to be a supporter of this great football club.

Keep posting good work welcome aboard

You two are like twins!

1 : We may have found a tagger that we really have not had since ROK in Biggs , his last 2 weeks have been very good. Griffin has had 88 possies the last 2 games and to keep the Captain down and an elite player to 16 possies while getting 17 was awesome. Could also free up McGlynn/Bird from tagging.

2 : Tommy is a clearance king as he hands are truly elite but I think he is fighting it out with Bird and Bird might get the nod over him due to playing a lot more senior games this season but you never know.

3 : Tippett 2nd rucking is what I have been wanting to see and he didn't disappoint , will only get better as fitness builds.
3 a : Rohans manic pressure has added so much to this side all ready.
3 b : Lloyd and Harry run as hard as anyone and both boys will be there come finals ( credit to the coaching staff ).
3 c : Our forward line with the 2 talls really worked as it opened up more space for them

They did point out on the TV coverage that Shaw had a very quiet game. I think they'll give him one more game to find form, but if he has another quiet game against the Tigers, the coaching staff will have a tough call to make.

1 : We may have found a tagger that we really have not had since ROK in Biggs , his last 2 weeks have been very good. Griffin has had 88 possies the last 2 games and to keep the Captain down and an elite player to 16 possies while getting 17 was awesome. Could also free up McGlynn/Bird from tagging.

2 : Tommy is a clearance king as he hands are truly elite but I think he is fighting it out with Bird and Bird might get the nod over him due to playing a lot more senior games this season but you never know.

3 : Tippett 2nd rucking is what I have been wanting to see and he didn't disappoint , will only get better as fitness builds.
3 a : Rohans manic pressure has added so much to this side all ready.
3 b : Lloyd and Harry run as hard as anyone and both boys will be there come finals ( credit to the coaching staff ).
3 c : Our forward line with the 2 talls really worked as it opened up more space for them
Punts , we don't need all these 3a's and b's , say what you think. Having said that , Biggs has great closing speed , like him a lot

1 : We may have found a tagger that we really have not had since ROK in Biggs , his last 2 weeks have been very good. Griffin has had 88 possies the last 2 games and to keep the Captain down and an elite player to 16 possies while getting 17 was awesome.

I admit to schadenfreude on a few occasions when the cameras showed the look on Griffin's face. That was enough to know Biggs was doing a very good job. Griffin is an amazing player and to keep him out of the game is a major achievement.

1. I often miss his 2012 form and I wish he'd apply a little more defensive pressure at times but my God Jetta's vision and penetrating kicks are valuable to our team.

2. Biggs needs to stay in the team.

3. We don't miss Kennedy quite as much as I thought we would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta pulled of some big kicks yesterday that set us up ( reckon he has something up his sleave for finals and is holding back a little )
FINALLY Seeing Tippett/Buddy lead at the ball carrier in space was impressive ( more so Tippett and he probably should of had a few more but a few balls were kicked over his head .
Not sold on giving up Mal he is clearly the best HB in the game atm

1b. Tippet is coming into a good vein of form
1c. Point 1a. is missing
2a. Hanners, Shaw, Smith all need to work into some form.
2c. Goodes still has explosive pace and is improving with each game. He'll be smoking hot come finals
3a. 2b and 1a have eloped
3b. Alpine lemmings. A hardy member of the rodent family but prone to leaping into the abyss
3c. Manic Gary Rohan tackling. Clearly channeling the angry mouse.
2d. Out of order
4a. Macca was silky and everywhere. Running hot.
4b. Jack's obviously carrying a broken back, ruptured spleen or missing one leg. While still very good he's not up to his old standard.
7. A quick brag that (as far back as 1973) I tipped Cunningham for a huge leap forward this year.
IX. A few sore bodies (and that's just in my dungeon).
MCXVI. We should rest the whole team next week by playing them against Richmond.

If you haven't watched Kieran Jack's game debrief on the Swans website, do yourself a favor and give it a whirl. What a refreshing change - real conversation, not just churning out footy cliches.

He must be game to debrief on the Swans website but I'd prefer he de-briefed in the change room like the others.

As for doing myself a favour and giving it a whirl .... it's really not my cup of tea.

1. When the Australian of the Year is running free in the forward line - you'd better hit him with the spot up! Goodesy (justifiably) did not look happy. To be fair to Laidler, he'd just come on as the sub. But someone needs to get in his ear during the week.

2. Tom Mitchell really impressed

3. Big tick to the coaches - good team selections, good structure, although..

4. ..Rhyce is under a lot of pressure from young Biggs, who continues to impress.

5. Sam Reid, sorry but it's off to the bench for you.

1. When the Australian of the Year is running free in the forward line - you'd better hit him with the spot up! Goodesy (justifiably) did not look happy. To be fair to Laidler, he'd just come on as the sub. But someone needs to get in his ear during the week.

Goodes was getting free quite a bit but was ignored or missed a few times. I like the way he's running about. Looks very fit.

No wonder he's sore. He's had you riding on his back all year.;)

I thought his game was very good. Broke into space with the ball and set up quite a bit of play with clean penetrating kicks. He also reminded us he's dangerous when he gets forward.
One day you will be at a game and have a good look at it, I was being serious about him looking sore 2 or 3 times he had to be helped up. Kicked a great goal and that's what we want. Love your posts, but sometimes you have to be serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back