Review What did you learn v dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

1- biggs can tag another string to bow and outshone shaw today
2- forward line was less predictable and worked better today and i know buddy and tip kicked a heap still but they had space
3- mcveigh was a beast at clearances
4- rohans tackling and pressure acts are exceptional
5 dogs fans at ground are clueless

1. Nick Smith, Hannas, Kizza and Shaw are not injured. Nice.

2. Tippo can ruck. We have that option in the back pocket.

3. It's good to be the King

1. Biggs lined up on Griffen and I thought Horse has lost the plot then he kept him out of the game - Wow this kid is good
2. We're coming into September in good form and with few niggles
3. Nick Smith is back

1.the team is playing excellent football at the right time if year.

2. There is going to be some unlucky players when Kennedy, bird, mglynn and Reid are all fit. For a team with no depth, it's astonishing the amount of guys who deserve a spot in the 22 but can't fit in.

3.buddy has won the coleman !!

1. Forwards functioned really well. Had space, hardly saw them close to each other and with showed with 10 between them.

2. We kicked really well. 20.10. So much better than when we have been 15.15

3. We lack pace in our defensive 50 at times.

1. Forwards functioned really well. Had space, hardly saw them close to each other and with showed with 10 between them.

Wot mate?

1. I was just coming on here to say our defence was fantastic, quick handballs to open players, broke the lines and kicked well on the exits. Not sure what more you wanted. Times where the Dogs tried to find an open player, only to shut down with good pressure in their 50.

2. Tippett and Buddy show is well worth the price of admission, supporting acts weren't bad either

3. If Parker doesn't get AA, I will eat one of my many Swans hats

Wot mate?

1. I was just coming on here to say our defence was fantastic, quick handballs to open players, broke the lines and kicked well on the exits. Not sure what more you wanted. Times where the Dogs tried to find an open player, only to shut down with good pressure in their 50.

2. Tippett and Buddy show is well worth the price of admission, supporting acts weren't bad either

3. If Parker doesn't get AA, I will eat one of my many Swans hats
Not our half backs, they're fantastic but when it's just Grundy and Teddy, the ball hits the deck and we're screwed. Happened once or twice today. It could've been the Dogs having a tiny forward line but still

Not our half backs, they're fantastic but when it's just Grundy and Teddy, the ball hits the deck and we're screwed. Happened once or twice today. It could've been the Dogs having a tiny forward line but still

I get what u mean, but i guess to be fair you want the half backs crumbing the packs in defence when it gets to ground

If you get teddy or reg isolated and the ball to ground then they can be exposed

Sometimes i think the shorter backman need to stop going into spoil with every other defender, bit of talk would help

But our defence is bloody awesome so its nit picking

1- biggs can tag another string to bow and outshone shaw today
2- forward line was less predictable and worked better today and i know buddy and tip kicked a heap still but they had space
3- mcveigh was a beast at clearances
4- rohans tackling and pressure acts are exceptional
5 dogs fans at ground are clueless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a dogs fan at the game. Tippett & Franklin......that's all I need to know. One of them on our side would help. Hmm, let me see, 20 year back ended contract with Tom Boyd, there's a thought....

1. Two home finals are assured.
2. Next weeks game will be like a final, Richmond have a lot to play for and it will make for a good tune up.
3. I can't wait for September

bulldog fans of bf are opposite in real life
Were you at the game? Hope you didn't have an unsavoury experience, it can get nasty in parts when we're getting flogged.

One old lady sitting next to me made some seriously ordinary comments when it started to get ugly (about midway through the first ;)).

We're generally a good bunch, but every club has it's dickhead supporters. The old members stand at the Whitten Oval used to be intolerable because the supporters would just bicker, fight and howl down their own players.

Were you at the game? Hope you didn't have an unsavoury experience, it can get nasty in parts when we're getting flogged.

One old lady sitting next to me made some seriously ordinary comments when it started to get ugly (about midway through the first ;)).

We're generally a good bunch, but every club has it's dickhead supporters. The old members stand at the Whitten Oval used to be intolerable because the supporters would just bicker, fight and howl down their own players.
Hahah that's alright mate I've sat through swans vs hawks games ;) but I'm a young bloke so I give as good as I get an today I didn't do much I let the swans to the talking for me, plenty of upside for the bulldogs, but I thought bontempalli as well as Griffen were out of it today

1. The biggest positive was the goal kicking accuracy in the first 3 quarters, we've gotten away with it but this has been a issue all year.. particularly in the games against our fellow top teams. Won't get away with it in finals so a good sign today, albeit under a roof, need to kick like this for the next 5 weeks.

2. It is going to be very difficult to take if we don't win the flag this year, no doubt there's some very difficult and flag worthy competition, but from a Sydney perspective only it's clearly been our most dominant H&A season ever and probably the best list the club has ever had.

3. Tom Mitchell was very good, offered a lot around the clearances and could really help Kennedy and Parker in there in finals when the congestion & pressure goes up a notch. Although with everyone who's currently out fully fit he's probably the 23rd player, chances are though there will be an injury or 2 still to come...good to have him and Biggs waiting in the wings.

4. This might be nit picking but little things can make the difference in a final....Need to make smarter decisions on the substitute. Like what Laidler's done this year and would be stiff not to be in the 22, but he's not the player to be starting sub. We too often seem to choose players to start sub who come on and have 2-5 possessions and no impact. Needs to be an a player like Mitchell, Lloyd etc. who have proven they can accumulate and impact the game, ~ 8-12 odd possessions, maybe a goal or 2.

Of course we had space, they were all up the other end of the ground

1. Mitchell is a clearance gun and could help improve an area we are only ranked about 8th.
2. Rohan is now settled in the team and apart from one stray kick had a very good game.
3. Hanners and Tippett are almost back to their best after injury.
4. Shaw is struggling for fitness.
5. I hope malceski stays.
6. Jack moving a lot better
7. I take back everything I said about Franklin pre 2014.

Why are we assured of 2 finals, this is why I lose it , WE have to win the 1st week to get 2 !

What he meant was, we are guaranteed to get two finals at home. If we lose Week 1, we host a final in Week 2, if we win Week 1, we host a final in Week 3.

Yes, I'm positive. No matter what happens next week, we can't finish lower than 2nd. The teams ranked 1st and 2nd get two home finals.
I deleted.
Now while im here. Macca in the 1st Q was outstanding, ok raked up 32 odd , but his handball was shite and 3AW had him down as 47 % effective in kicks and 57 in handball.
Sat behind the CQ in the first , some strange cats there, but all love the Swans, all good, but a couple of older flogs there. Should be an age limit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back