Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was already pretty much guaranteed it will be permanent next year?

It's an ugly design. Looks too cartoony.

You're likely to be in the minority there.

HeritageGuernseyLaunchArticle_620X370.jpg
wbSPORTLIFEblues_narrowweb__300x330,0.jpg

This or that.......................No contest for mine.

You are kidding .... right ??

This is the best jumper not only in the club's history but the league's as well.

It is a symbol of success & strength !!

The fact that the club won a bunch of flags while wearing the design has nothing to do with the fact that it looks rubbish and should be left in the past where it belongs.

I don't doubt it. A lot of Carlton supporters seem to be stuck in the 70's and 80's. Even the ones that weren't around then.

I'm no design major but the newer one looks much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

Best. Jumper. Ever!

1409098645115.jpg-300x0.jpg

What really stands out in that photo is the amount of corners and edges the logo has which I think is why it looks so bad.
What I do like though is that the jumper in the photo looks much darker than usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't doubt it. A lot of Carlton supporters seem to be stuck in the 70's and 80's. Even the ones that weren't around then.

I'm no design major but the newer one looks much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

I would have used the terms flaccid or insipid but cleaner sort of works. :)

Nothing to do with 70's or 80's or wanting to head back to a bygone era. When it's right it's right.

Blues consider adopting heritage jumper permanently

The story is about our jumper going forward but this is more interesting.

Nothing new but Trigg is on record here and we're going to want to see 55K next year for him to be true to his word.
Won't be easy though........sleeves best be rolled up Steve.

It certainly one thing that didn't seem to be apparent at the AFC (Accepting fan feedback). Looks like he's off to a good start though :thumbsu:

It certainly one thing that didn't seem to be apparent at the AFC (Accepting fan feedback). Looks like he's off to a good start though :thumbsu:
From the reports from AFC fans about Trigg, it seemed he couldn't get any worse and therefore the only way is up :p

I think it's also quite handy that he has a point to prove. Added motivation. So you never know, in a few years time, we might look back and be grateful for Tippett gate.

He's got no choice. Adelaide have to fend off members and Carlton can't buy them.

We laughed when Brendan Gale declared that the RFC will have 70K members by 2015...............he was right.

Trigg has to do something similar and pull all stops out................starting now.

One jumper was worn by the most successful club/team in the AFL that won more premierships than any other and never won a wooden spoon.

The other Jumper was worn by a team that achieved mediocre results at best, never won a premiership, won plenty of spoons or got close to doing so, cheated the salary cap and became a laughing stock. Just a poor attempt to modernise, which was the style at the time.

It's a no brainer, bring back the traditional one.

Last edited:
One jumper was worn by the most successful club/team in the AFL that won more premierships than any other and never won a wooden spoon.

The other Jumper was worn by a team that achieved mediocre results at best, won plenty of spoons or got close to doing so, cheated the salary cap and became a laughing stock.

It's a no brainer, bring back the traditional one.

I wonder how you'll feel when we lose to GWS in the old jumper.

It's an ugly design. Looks too cartoony.
If anything, the "newer", rounder logo looks more cartoony.
I was born in the 90s, have seen the old 70s and 80s games and like you said the past is in the past, that is history I'll give you that much.
That being said, forget about who many flags we've won in the jumper with the old logo, a good design is a good design and I know the majority of the Carlton supporters would love to stick with it, with a lot of petitions online all for the traditional logo design, I have even heard a whole lot of opposition supporters saying it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back