Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talls that can go back & forward: Marchbank, Weitering etc.
More than one position players.
Yeah I know what he means. I'd question our fascination with flexible hybrid interchangeable swing men.

We need footballers.

Plus playing god is dangerous. Look what happens when you splice the head of Mark Robinson with the body of...errr...Mark Robinson.

image.jpeg

Yeah I know what he means. I'd question our fascination with flexible hybrid interchangeable swing men.

We need footballers.

Plus playing god is dangerous. Look what happens when you splice the head of Mark Robinson with the body of...errr...Mark Robinson.

View attachment 291127
Wow. What is that?
IMO Trigg's 'hybrid' comment was in reference to mids.

Trigg was talking about THIS YEAR'S draftees - Weits, Cuners, McKay, SOS, Charlie.
Forget my outburst, clearly read it wrong. Obviously referring to him rating the 2015 crew believing they'll be good for us in the future.

Need another one or two like that haul if we're to see our the reset properly.

Trigg was talking about THIS YEAR'S draftees - Weits, Cuners, McKay, SOS, Charlie.

Thank god. Was thinking ... players ... as opposed to what?

For point 4, Trigg was referring to hybrid mids who can play both inside and outside. Named Tom Mitchell as an example of this when pressed by KB.

Another phew moment. Was thinking Gorringe types when I first read that, caught between being an athlete and a footballer.

2 way running mids who can go inside and out are a must. We clearly recognise issues with our midfield versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another phew moment. Was thinking Gorringe types when I first read that, caught between being an athlete and a footballer.

2 way running mids who can go inside and out are a must. We clearly recognise issues with our midfield versatility.
Agree. Trigg was pretty open throughout the interview. No bullshitting or prevarication. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Agree. Trigg was pretty open throughout the interview. No bullshitting or prevarication. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah. Just like last year. I like that style because it's one thing telling all what we're going to do, although it's a completely different thing telling them exactly how we're going to do it. Trigg has the balance just right.

It expresses clear confidence, conviction and transparency, which I really like and that interview would have had many Carlton people raising just a little smile.

Audio - Trigg on GuesSEN this morning

HARKER

Trigg on SEN:

1. All five ND intakes will be players.
2. We are rapt about getting Marchbank and we will get the deal done.
3. Marchbank is a real talent and is flexible.
4. We have needs to add to our KP posts along with hybrid players that can run back & forward.
5. We won't give up pick #5. We will find another way for that to happen and it will be by way of a multi-pronged means as last year.
6. We've been very careful not to go too hard by way of youth. We do need the senior boys going.

Agree with all of it.

Is it just me or (point 4) are McGrath and/or Marshall firming for pick 5?

Happy with point 1.
Would be a shame if we pick up 3 players and 2 goats.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah if we draft two Greatest of All Time players, we'll have to let them fight it out highlander style a few years after we draft them. Not a great long term strategy.

For point 4, Trigg was referring to hybrid mids who can play both inside and outside. Named Tom Mitchell as an example of this when pressed by KB.
Mitchell's outside game is a terrible example IMO, but I suppose if he'd said Bontempelli it would have given things away.

Yeah if we draft two Greatest of All Time players, we'll have to let them fight it out highlander style a few years after we draft them. Not a great long term strategy.

Mitchell's outside game is a terrible example IMO, but I suppose if he'd said Bontempelli it would have given things away.
Given things away? What things? May I have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back