New Greens Senator Puts Marriage for Gays on Agenda

Remove this Banner Ad

mottrain

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Penny Rice yesterday put forward in her maiden speech that gay marriage has come to a time where it is in need of legal recognition.

ew Australian Greens Senator Janet Rice made her first speech in the Senate on Wednesday, declaring it was time for Australia to act on same-sex marriage.

"I'm here for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people and their families," Rice said in her maiden speech.

"We deserve recognition and respect in all aspects of our lives: at school, in workplaces and in our communities.

"The time for marriage equality in Australia has come," she said.

http://gaynewsnetwork.com.au/news/national/the-time-for-marriage-equality-has-come-14924.html

The issue of gay marriage is one that tends to be contentious with what we would say is much debate and also discussion over the recognition and rights of these people. My personal position and view is that there is no need to recognise such marriage which should remain between a man and a woman.

What was even further concerning consequently was that there's this Greens member who was using the parliamentary platform to put her personal position and views forward. This is contradictory and utterly hypocritical because basically the party was vwery quick to condemn and scoff at personal position put forward by a Liberal Senator on this same issue.

I feel that maybe the Greens ought to try and accept the positions of other first before condemning them and ordering that they be punished for apparent abuse considering this is exactly what they have done here. Secondly I do not think that gay marriage is necessary for this state.

How did you come across gaynewsnetwork?
I've never heard of it.

Also, are you saying she did something wrong?

Which liberal senator are you talking about, and what speech?

And can you list and then explain how it is hypocritical?

Cheers

• Banned
How did you come across gaynewsnetwork?
I've never heard of it.

Also, are you saying she did something wrong?

Which liberal senator are you talking about, and what speech?

And can you list and then explain how it is hypocritical?

Cheers
Because it came up when I googled her name yesterday. I hadn't heard the name before either.
Corey bernardi was woefully condemned by the greens for his views and as a result they called for bans under parliamentary privilege.

it is hypocritical because they want to censor his views yet think they can express theirs without restriction or condemnation. Her comments on same sex marriage were blatantly personal seeming she is a lesbian.

Last edited:
I personally support Gay marriage, but I really don't want to have to vote for the Greens for it to happen.
If Senator Levon Helm can force a conscience vote on the issue it might even happen in this parliament which I'm still having a hard time getting my head around.

I give the subject of 'what other consenting adults do with their genitals' very little thought.
If a couple of lumberjacks want to settle down together,I've got zero interest;whether they're boys,girls or other.:D:rolleyes:

mottrain How does gay Marrage effect you and who does it hurt?
It has effects on the child which they raise for starter secocondly it can be a source for other forms of marriage equality being raised.
Hang on a minute. What does marriage have to do with raising children? The two are nothing to do with each other. Plenty of married people don't have children, and plenty of unmarried couples have children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has effects on the child which they raise for starter secocondly it can be a source for other forms of marriage equality being raised.
Ok. What does children and marriage have to do with eachother? not exclusive things, please stay on topic
What other forms of marriage equality?

Hang on a minute. What does marriage have to do with raising children? The two are nothing to do with each other. Plenty of married people don't have children, and plenty of unmarried couples have children.
Absolutely it is related trying to say they are not is wrong. it is an argument of criticism constantly bought up against straight parents who have seperated and associated negative effects on the children the same as gay couples get criticised fir bringing up children without their opposing sex parent. It legitimises this negative act.

Ok. What does children and marriage have to do with eachother? not exclusive things, please stay on topic
What other forms of marriage equality?
whether they are mutually exclusive or not is irrelevant. Other marriage forms include sick religious extremists Muslims asking to allow marriage to juvenile brides.

whether they are mutually exclusive or not is irrelevant. Other marriage forms include sick religious extremists Muslims asking to allow marriage to juvenile brides.
Ok so your now linking what two adult males are both agreeing to and a throwaway line linking muslims to savages and marrying off kids,(Muslim bashing and against Homosexuals, You sound like a real cool guy) who do not have the maturity to grasp at whats happening and do not have a say, it's completely...different, two consenting adults entering a relationship and a union is a bit different the two consenting adults marrying off a bunch of 11 year old kids into lifelong partnerships is so far apart im not sure how you could link it

Do you also believe homosexuals will force marry straight guys? is this what your worried about?

Absolutely it is related trying to say they are not is wrong. it is an argument of criticism constantly bought up against straight parents who have seperated and associated negative effects on the children the same as gay couples get criticised fir bringing up children without their opposing sex parent. It legitimises this negative act.

I don't understand where you are going with this. Are you saying people shouldn't get seperated?

Last edited:
Why should I support unusually obscene sexual relationship.
Seriously you do need to get out a bit more. Such strong language that you know nothing about. Have you met any people in a gay relationship or are you just going on your visual images?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back